More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 13:38:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Exactly how often do you bathe a dog?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Exactly how often do you bathe a dog?  (Read 7137 times)
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Exactly how often do you bathe a dog?
« on: 2006 October 19, 15:01:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may consider this to be a hack request.  Sharing my home with 2 dogs, there is one major annoyance I have found in the new EP.  Dogs shouldn't require baths 2-3 times a week.  This is doubly irritating because the standard 2x3 bathroom arrangement doesn't seem to work when trying to bathe a dog, as you need both tiles in front of the tub to be open in order for the dog to jump into the tub from one tile while the human bather stands in the other tile, or the bath drops out of queue.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
Re: Exactly how often do you bathe a dog?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 19, 15:13:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have OFB, you can use the sprinkler to get them clean.

Also, it does make sense, Sims' World-wise as generally a day = one year. So technically, you're bathing your dog one every two to three years.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 19, 15:18:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have OFB, you can use the sprinkler to get them clean.

I'll give the sprinkler a try

Also, it does make sense, Sims' World-wise as generally a day = one year. So technically, you're bathing your dog one every two to three years.

By this logic, though, a sim should require a bath at least a dozen times a day, and they don't, even the sloppiest of sims only need a couple of showers a day.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 19, 16:00:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And you would have to eat dozens of times too.

No, but the generally consensus is one sim day = one year. The sim live it like a normal day, but time passes as though it's a year.

Except for University, but yeah.

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 19, 16:05:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

if you scold your dog for being dirty, ie digging holes etc the dog will learn to want to keep clean by grooming itself. Also if you do bathe the dog, praise it afterwards for behaving in the tub, this also adds to the "hygiene skill", I only gave one of the dogs a bath once because the skunk sprayed it while it was asleep in its doghouse...its hygiene level wasnt low tho, it just had stink fumes.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 20, 01:59:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Time is screwed up in the game. Do you know anyone who was pregnant for three years? Sometimes it reperesents a year, sometimes three months, sometimes six weeks, etc.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 20, 02:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Roughly speaking, the time warp is 1/60 (1 second = 1 minute). Ergo, 6 days = about 1 year.

Nobody really wants to wait that long, so there are speed ups every now and then, abbreviate the sim lifespan, turbo mode when they're asleep or all at work, etc. In general, however, what they're really doing is tweaking the game with 1 or 2 hours of gameplay in mind.

lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 20, 04:03:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually I have a very good friend that has 5 kids under 4. She says she feels like she has been pregnant the last 4 years.

Time is screwed up in the game. Do you know anyone who was pregnant for three years? Sometimes it reperesents a year, sometimes three months, sometimes six weeks, etc.

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
PandaGirl
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 20, 04:59:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it seems like my bosses wife had been pregnant for the year and a half i've been there... with the same kid

ganymede
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 25, 16:24:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put a bathtub in the garage. Works welll, and gives the kids something to do with the dog. (Of course, Sims being dumb, they invariably try to bathe in the garage.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 25, 21:23:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put a bathtub in the garage. Works welll, and gives the kids something to do with the dog. (Of course, Sims being dumb, they invariably try to bathe in the garage.

Bathroom uses you!!  Get it - solves the problem!
ganymede
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 26, 00:01:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bathroom uses you!!  Get it - solves the problem!
I've had some problems with that before, even without toddlers/pets (hammer/sickle appeared in queue multiple times for all Sims, who became unresponsive; just wasn't worth the trouble). WITH toddlers, I had the bather being thrown out of the room after bathing toddler, and then the toddler left in the room, and no one capable of retrieving them. With the  uncertain outcome of a pet bath (dog jumps out before fiully clean, e.g.), I shudder to think what idiocies might occur!:)
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 26, 00:05:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like you set it up wrongly.  Seriously, never had issues with it here that haven't been solved by getting an updated version.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 26, 01:15:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually I have a very good friend that has 5 kids under 4. She says she feels like she has been pregnant the last 4 years.
I find that quite revolting.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ganymede
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 October 26, 04:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll give it a try. Seriously, though, it wasn't a complaint about the mod. I have a couple of houses (pre-Pets) that have Bathroom Uses You, and they work perfectly (one has a couple of elders and NEEDS the controller!). I just had some issues with certain homes, and the whole bathing toddlers thing. Since I keep a LOT of my Sims exempt from pregnancy, and thus toddlers, the controller is fine for them. Also, skilled small households seem perfectly capable of using the bathroom normally. The pets thing, though, looked so similar to the toddler problem that I didn't even want to make the attempt. I missed the Sims 1 pet-washing station, and then recalled that we always had a dog tub in the basement or garage when I was growing up, so placing a tub there seemed the way to go. (There's also a workstation and a car in the garage, as well as a dog basket and bowl. the controller would require segmenting the garage or more rearranging than necessary.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 October 26, 04:40:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't suggesting that you use a controller for the tub in the garage, but if the other bathrooms in the house have controllers, that should stop sims wanting to wash in the dog tub.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 October 26, 10:50:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never had any trouble whatsoever bathing toddlers in BUY-equipped bathrooms. No strange kickouts, nothing. Other than the possibility of a jam in the bathroom if someone tries to use it while a toddler is being bathed in it, BUY works fine with toddler-bathing. But now that you've brought the issue to mind, I will definitely look into having it stompinated further.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 October 26, 10:55:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're planning to stomp toddler bathing?  It's the one useful way to get a toddler's social up!
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 October 26, 14:53:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had a problem with keeping toddler's social motives up in the first place.

Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 October 26, 15:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never had any trouble whatsoever bathing toddlers in BUY-equipped bathrooms. No strange kickouts, nothing. Other than the possibility of a jam in the bathroom if someone tries to use it while a toddler is being bathed in it, BUY works fine with toddler-bathing. But now that you've brought the issue to mind, I will definitely look into having it stompinated further.

The only issue I've ever had with it is the toddler receiving the 'be kicked out' icon in their queue, usually when being held after by the parent. Unless the parent needs to go I usually just make them walk outside, especially if I wanted them to do some socials afterward. I think an older version used to be worse about trying to kick out toddlers being bathed, but I haven't had the problem lately. I did have BUY kill a visiting Sim once because of a constant queue of the icon, heh...
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 October 26, 16:13:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had a problem with keeping toddler's social motives up in the first place.

Toddlers have social? I apparently have never had an issue with it either Tongue.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
ganymede
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 October 26, 19:46:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't recall exactly what the problem was with toddlers, but I think it often had to do with placing the toddler on the floor, and then being thrown out of the bathroom, and unable to return to retrieve the toddler,  but instead for bathroom-related functions. I would guess that dog-bathing might pose a larger problem, in that the task is not always completed successfully (unsure as of now as to what causes a successful bathing rather than an incomplete one...possibly dog personality and/or skill of Sim attempting to bathe the dog?
  As far as the tub in the garage goes, that was just a Sim thing to do. My teen girl Sim had just bathed the dog, looked around the garage, didn't see anything that interested her more, and decided 'Well, here's a tub...what the hey?' and proceeded to take a bath (mind you, there are two fully-equipped private bathroom not five feet away, but she's a Sim! Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: