More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:26:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  MaxTotal cheats
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: MaxTotal cheats  (Read 10788 times)
Sketch Elder
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
MaxTotal cheats
« on: 2006 October 22, 16:11:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looking through my config-log file, I noticed some new cheats.

uintProp   maxTotalSims 10
uintProp   maxTotalHumans 8
uintProp   maxTotalPets 6

Anyone tried changing these, yet?
Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: MaxTotal cheats
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 22, 16:22:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

interesting.. I'm going to check on that.
Didn't maxis announce there were going to be 12 total slots?

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 22, 16:52:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a household with 7 Sims (one of them is pregnant) and 2 cats.  The cats were at 100/100 with each other and the "Try for Kitten" option wasn't available.  I moved three Sims and the cats into a separate household.  Immediately the TFK option appeared and the female got pregnant on the first try.  So I would say, the total of 10 does look like it's enforced in the game.

Karen
smcnic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 22, 17:22:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really really hope these do what it looks like they might, as I've been having problems with Doc Doofus' size limit hack since the expansion.
Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 22, 18:12:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the first one doesn't work while on a lot. haven't tested other conditions or cheats yet.

simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 22, 18:42:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

uintProp   maxTotalSims 28
uintProp   maxTotalPets 20

Put these into my userstartup.cheat file. Didn't work when I tried to merge five cats into a household that already had three cats and was told that this would exceed the number of pets allowed on the lot. Damn. I soooo wanted to make the "eldery cat lady".  I hope somebody comes up with a mod for this. I always used DocDoofus's mod and easily had 15 sims living on a lot throwing parties with at least another 10 sims visiting and didn't have problems.
smcnic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 23, 05:54:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had some minor success with this tonight.  I have Doc Doofus' size limit mod, but was running into problems with the Move In interaction and combining households from the NH view.  I don't actually remember whether either of these were possible before with Doc Doofus' mod alone, since I usually just use the mod to keep Try for Baby going.

Anyway, I tried setting TotalSims, TotalHumans, and TotalPets to 20.  I was then able to combine two recent Uni grads into a household with 8 sims and one pet, from NH view.  So far no FBVFS.

I still can't do the move in interaction without getting the max household limit pop-up, though.

P.S.  I left Doc Doofus' hack in the entire time, not sure whether it was necessary.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 23, 05:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doofus' mod never allowed combining households resulting in >8 Sims.
So the cheat would be good news.
Interesting that a Maxoid denied this existed though.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 23, 07:31:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AH HA!!!!!!!!! Those are the bleeping cheats that MaxoidSam tried to make me think I was crazy about them promising!!!!!!  I knew they still had to be in the blasted game, if the Maxoids were adjusting the numbers before deciding on 10.

So he's a liar and a moron.

I wish they'd send him back to whatever EA Rock they found him under.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 23, 09:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't maxis announce there were going to be 12 total slots?
They lied. It's called LIES AND PROPAGANDA for a reason.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 23, 12:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's w/ this whole elderly cat lady thing? I mean, I hear a lot about elderly cat ladies, but I've never actually met an old lady who lived alone w/ a ton of cats. Have you?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 23, 13:05:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know of four in my street alone.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 23, 14:47:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's w/ this whole elderly cat lady thing? I mean, I hear a lot about elderly cat ladies, but I've never actually met an old lady who lived alone w/ a ton of cats. Have you?

Yeah - I've known several eldery people - men and women - who have collected a large number of animals that they can't properly care for. It's starts with them feeding the neighborhood strays and then more start coming around and then......  Their heart seems to be in the right place but they seem to have no concept how many they can properly care for and wind up with way too many pets.
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 24, 02:35:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I aspire to be an old cat lady one day just so I wont be disappointed when Im old, not married and have no kids. Tongue

ISFJ
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 October 24, 07:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trying this in the sims is much harder than it is in real life, apparently. My experiments with more than one cat suggest that they innately wish to kill each other. Trying to keep them from killing each other is an O(n!) problem, so it becomes very, very untenable very quickly as the number of cats increases.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 October 24, 07:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, I've been noticing that too.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 October 27, 02:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My mother..? lol
She has (last count) nine. Nine that she'll ACCEPT are hers. She also has four more that only come by for the food, aren't allowed to come in the house. And a possum that is one of about fifteen generations that's lived under my childhood bedroom. And two gargantuan raccoons. She once scooped one of the coons up on accident. Middle of the night, she's feeling around on the pitch-black porch for her favorite (now deceased) tom to be sure he's inside for the night, wraps her arms around who she THINKS is him, carts "him" in and looks down to a pair of eyes staring up at her in confusion. Thankfully, the coons and fainting rat (possum) are as tame as wild animals get.. they know her scent so he just sat there docily while she carried him back out and sat him down on the bench. LOL

So.. IS there a way to boost the possible animal slots? It irks that I may have to adopt-out one of my freaks of nature JUST so a couple other freaks of nature can breed, when I want to keep the variety of freaks I already have. Total, there's six cats, one human servant.

And if you're wondering about my mom.. she's insane.. or lonely.. very likely both.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2006 October 27, 10:48:55 by Strangel » Logged

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Athena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 October 27, 03:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Squinge at insiminenator has a hack that permits you to have 10 pets and up to 21 sims+pets on a lot at a time.
trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 October 27, 15:51:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

can any awesome one confirm that thing won´t blow my game up? ;-)
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 October 27, 16:34:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pets need to die of something other than old age.  Tongue

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 October 27, 17:40:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My mother..? lol
She has (last count) nine. Nine that she'll ACCEPT are hers. She also has four more that only come by for the food, aren't allowed to come in the house. And a possum that is one of about fifteen generations that's lived under my childhood bedroom. And two gargantuan raccoons. She once scooped one of the coons up on accident. Middle of the night, she's feeling around on the pitch-black porch for her favorite (now deceased) tom to be sure he's inside for the night, wraps her arms around who she THINKS is him, carts "him" in and looks down to a pair of eyes staring up at her in confusion. Thankfully, the coons and fainting rat (possum) are as tame as wild animals get.. they know her scent so he just sat there docily while she carried him back out and sat him down on the bench. LOL

So.. IS there a way to boost the possible animal slots? It irks that I may have to adopt-out one of my freaks of nature JUST so a couple other freaks of nature can breed, when I want to keep the variety of freaks I already have. Total, there's six cats, one human servant.

And if you're wondering about my mom.. she's insane.. or lonely.. very likely both.  Cheesy

This is a great story! Thanks for the laugh. This is my future, I'm sure. Except that I have kept chickens and you tend to dislike coons if you have chickens. I lost too many ladies to my local coon.  Sad

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 October 27, 20:25:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pets need to die of something other than old age.  Tongue

Or run away.  Or have shorter lifespans.  I mean, shouldn't the average adult be able to raise 3 or 4 dogs in series, from puppyhood to death-by-old-age?

Or is it that Maxis has made it very time-consuming to train a pet?  Maybe I'd feel differently about the lifespans of pets in the game if it takes 10 days to just train one properly...
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 October 27, 20:38:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or have shorter lifespans.  I mean, shouldn't the average adult be able to raise 3 or 4 dogs in series, from puppyhood to death-by-old-age?

I agree, and that's why we really need something like Twojeffs' age duration hack for pets.  I have a dog in one of my families that is showing 27 days to elder, and that is ridiculous.

Karen
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 October 27, 20:43:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect they didn't want to upset the people who "just recently lost the dog they've had since they were a kid."
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2006 October 28, 00:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a great story! Thanks for the laugh. This is my future, I'm sure. Except that I have kept chickens and you tend to dislike coons if you have chickens. I lost too many ladies to my local coon.  Sad

Cry I miss my chickens.. I used to raise them, as pets, at the same house. Yeah, we lost a lot to the coons, so we started penning them with the Great Pyr, my son's now deceased service animal. She thought they should be treated like puppies. XD

On subject.. I put in the 10 pets, 21 sims version and FINALLY got Try For Kitten back. Only.. I've tried five times with maxmotived parents and my freak mama cat won't get pregnant. Her mother had three "litters". Single, single, and double. She's pregnant again (which put me back to the 6 pets mark) and always it was on the first try. Plus I got to go find the post about the No Strays sign.. no sooner than I post that all's well but Sheba the cat-looking dog of hell shows up again!

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: