More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:37:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  anyone else have this?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: anyone else have this?  (Read 7648 times)
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
anyone else have this?
« on: 2006 October 21, 11:00:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, got pets last night and got down to playing it. Now there ARE issues, but untill today there have been nothing TO problimatic, now my pets sink into the floor whenever they try to use a bed and this generates an error message every few seconds Sad and there are no options to get the pet a job ... anyone else have this or know of a good 'fix'?

WARNING:<br />I have dyslexia, so please excuse my crappy spelling & punctuation Smiley
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: anyone else have this?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 21, 13:36:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My visiting pets sink to the ground, and I can't interact with them.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 21, 13:48:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the bed custom content or a Maxis EA bed?  Can you replicate these issues with your dowloads folder moved out of your game and to your desktop?

If you've read the threads here, you will be aware that some hacks are causing issues and should be removed and replaced with the awesome updated hacks listed here at MATY.
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 21, 14:42:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

im currently playing vanilla Smiley
I DID have insim in when I started playing (forgot to remove it) but since have removed it (and all else). The lates, newley made family DONT have the bed problem, but DO have the job issue.  All other familys have both.

WARNING:<br />I have dyslexia, so please excuse my crappy spelling & punctuation Smiley
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 21, 15:06:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the pet sinking into the ground is an object error. If you don't have debug mode on, the game automatically does a reset when an object error occurs and thus leads to the sinking in the ground.
I played with debug mode on and when a stray cat came on the property, an object error dialog popped up. I pressed reset and the cat sunk into the ground 2x and popped back up. All was fine after that.

Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 21, 15:25:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

remember the old 'jump bug'? Well its begning to be like that! Now my new 'safe' family is doing it ... the poor little fox has tryed to go to bed 16 times in a row now to no avail (its worse for Chester Gieke and his 2 pommeranians)

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 21, 19:29:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try the old sure-fire "move the family and bulldoze the old lot" routine?

SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 21, 19:44:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am playing with the premade Kim family house. I bought the cheap maxis computer and had Robert use it to pick a job for the dog - I choose Vermin catcher. So time to go to work and Robert get in the car not the dog!

This is really rather funny but I have no Idea what hack would cause this one. I wonder if he will get a collar for his promotion.

ETA error log that occured on his return home

ETD removed log file - problem was a old version of a JMP mod hidden in a nested folder
« Last Edit: 2006 October 23, 11:41:34 by SIMplyLisa » Logged
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 22, 12:21:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try the old sure-fire "move the family and bulldoze the old lot" routine?
yup, one of the 1st things I did ... just hope maxis or SOMEONE comes out with a fix/patch soon!

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 22, 17:06:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Won't be Maxis.

EA brutally slaughtered them.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 22, 17:22:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the problem with the animal sinking and it happened with the two families that were binned.  I've played with two Maxis families and a CAS family with no probs.  Then I go to the actors house and I have the boy tell the dog to get off the bed(Maxis bed that came with the house)and the dog sinks into the floor and boolprop was on and there was no way to recover so I had to delete the pet and quit without saving.  At the cat house,it was the same thing,she told the cat to get off the bed and the cat sank into the floor and this time I accidently saved with the cat in the floor.  Hope when I remove the offending hack,the cat pops back up.  Why in the world did Maxis bin the families,it makes their houses next to useless.  I understand why,but WHY!!!!!
ChibyMethos
Corpulent Cretin

Remember 9-11-2001

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 22, 19:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a lot of the same issues, but without the error messages. Mine starts in the CAS.

Why is this model back threre? When I try to turn her, I end up outside the CAS house.

I just made the cat black since I couldn't see it.

Observe the possessed food bowl. If I tell her to fill it again, then it goes back to the ground.

I deleated all characters and . . . well . . .

It's like the paperboys hit a wall and the it's another day, but time hasn't moved. I had to use the move objects cheat to get him off my lot.

I still have all of my downloads except for my hacks folder, but the game keeps trying to give me inteen options. I had a hard time installing the game and now it takes a half an hour for the game to load.

HELP!!!

All your base are belong to us.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 22, 19:49:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still have all of my downloads except for my hacks folder, but the game keeps trying to give me inteen options. I had a hard time installing the game and now it takes a half an hour for the game to load.

HELP!!!

If you still have the Inteen options - then you haven't removed it.  Where did you put your hacks folder? Some people have reported the game being able to "see" the folder if it's anywhere in the EA Games directory. Have you run clean installer to look for any hidden mods? If you still have Inteen options - that's probably the #1 reason for the problems - it is definitely NOT compatible with Pets.
ChibyMethos
Corpulent Cretin

Remember 9-11-2001

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 22, 20:14:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know Inteen wasn't compatable, thats why I took It out. I put the hacks folder on the desktop. The game shouldn't be able to "see" it from there, right?

Have you run clean installer to look for any hidden mods?

How would I do that?

All your base are belong to us.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 October 22, 20:42:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know Inteen wasn't compatable, thats why I took It out. I put the hacks folder on the desktop. The game shouldn't be able to "see" it from there, right?

Have you run clean installer to look for any hidden mods?

How would I do that?

As far as I know, it can't see it from the desktop, but it must be able to see it from somewhere if you still have the options in your game.

http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/

When you check your downloads - pinks are duplicates, reds are things that alter game behaviour (mods). If you download lots, a mod may have hitched a ride along with a lot. If you don't recognize the name of the file (especially if it's in red) try taking it out of the folder to see if that changes anything.  Also, be sure you removed Inteen's flavor packs if you had them installed.
SimMoon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 October 22, 20:53:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd say its either the inteen or the insim doing it. I have the latest version of the insim for GL just updated in Sept. and it still conflicts to some extent. Everytime my shelties pee in the floor, I have the microwave oven sitting in the piddle (the microwave is the reproductive component). I haven't made the jump between this and the piddle but I'm working on it. If conflict gets worse than this, I'll have to remove this again. I'm using it for the sims who haven't gotten Dr. Vu's Machine to do a face lift because you can use the blue part of the Insim to do a facelift when faces go a.w.o.l .

The Sims 2 Elegance
There's a hole in the world tonight; don't let there be a hole in the world tomorrow.
---------------------------------------------
Eagles 2005 Farewell Tour
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 October 22, 21:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and it probably wouldn't hurt to delete groups.cache.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 October 25, 15:48:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found what my animal sinking prob is.  Whenever the animal is in sleep despiration and I have them kicked off the bed--they sink into the floor.  After many hours of hack juggling,I found out that it is Echo's community sleep hack.  She says it conflicts and will be updating when she gets the game.
klmfrigate
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 October 30, 00:10:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the same problem, but not with sleeping.  It's with relaxing.  And I can't find which hack would do it.  It does it whether or not I"m in debug mode.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: