More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 00:29:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Promotions aren't so easy any more
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Promotions aren't so easy any more  (Read 5117 times)
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Promotions aren't so easy any more
« on: 2006 October 29, 05:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Observing a problem with pets, in that a sim going to work in platinum is no longer guaranteed a promotion.  Any ideas on what's causing this?

And before anyone says the obvious answer of "harderjobs hack", I've checked and rechecked my downloads folder and there's no sign of it there at all.  Has that feature of harder jobs been rolled into some other hack?  Or could I have possibly contracted another case of Stupid Ness Syndrome and have it lurking in some silly place in my downloads folder...  alternatively, did something change in pets?

I want my platinum promotions back!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Promotions aren't so easy any more
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 29, 05:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The promotion correlates to 3 conditions: Family friends, Skills required, and High motives.

I presume the sim has enough FFs, and is skilled enough - may be his motives on this day were low?
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 29, 05:24:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, enough friends, enough skills, and platinum aspiration so mood isn't a factor, yet promotions aren't always happening.  The job performance bar jumps up close to the top, but doesn't fully reach the top.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 29, 05:29:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, enough friends, enough skills, and platinum aspiration so mood isn't a factor, yet promotions aren't always happening.  The job performance bar jumps up close to the top, but doesn't fully reach the top.

Gee, what a buggy EP...EA has to hire JMP to fix all their bugs and failures in programming..Smiley.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 29, 05:36:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure whether it's down to EA, or a random hack yet...   Undecided
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 29, 06:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Other than trying to get a top level promotion under Harder Jobs, you should always be guaranteed a promotion if you meet all skill/friend prerequisites and have a full performance bar, which is all but assured under platinum mood. It is possible if your performance was exceptionally bad before that even that may not be enough to max it out, meaning you don't get a promotion except by random chance.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 29, 06:54:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually had noticed this too- and I was working with a clean version when it happened. Sim is PermaPlat, max skills, and something like 30 friends, and somehow didn't get promoted.  But it might be one of those "features" rather than a bug.  Roll Eyes

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 29, 06:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe Maxis decided it was too easy and nerfed it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 29, 07:00:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this!  What a pain if maxisEA killed that little perk!
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 29, 07:43:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed it too.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 29, 08:14:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Angry same here yet this happened before I got pets

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 29, 09:08:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Other than trying to get a top level promotion under Harder Jobs, you should always be guaranteed a promotion if you meet all skill/friend prerequisites and have a full performance bar, which is all but assured under platinum mood. It is possible if your performance was exceptionally bad before that even that may not be enough to max it out, meaning you don't get a promotion except by random chance.

If you drive to work late, I assume that will lower performance and thus not guarantee a promotion?

Anyway, the platinum always get promoted probably was a little too easy. Oddly though, my pets have all gotten promotions on the first try and they don't even have platinum moods available to them. *shrug*

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 29, 09:47:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you drive to work late, I assume that will lower performance and thus not guarantee a promotion?
Driving to work late = No +performance plus one permanent mark towards being auto-fired. Not showing up at all = minor performance hit OR burn vacation day. If you're going to be late, don't bother showing up at all.

Kaliban
Blathering Buffoon

I have horrible grammar, and a french accent

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 29, 09:52:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't use harderjobs, and before pets, platinium mood did not make promotions automatic for my sims, very probable but not automatic, even in the best of conditions.
Same with job performance - if mys sims have all required friends and skills, don't miss work and have max job performance, they have a little chance not to make it to the next level.
But If it is a "bug", then I do'nt want it corrected, I like it that way.

Any view of things that is not strange, is false.
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 October 29, 20:15:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always had this problem. Sims going to work with all needed friends and skills, with a good work performance bar, in platinum- sometimes, no promotion. In fact, I've had a plat sim with all needed friends/sim wearing the Noodlesoother come home without a promotion.

Frustrating, but I've learned to live with it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: