More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 21:27:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pets and Cars
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pets and Cars  (Read 14116 times)
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
Re: Pets and Cars
« Reply #25 on: 2006 October 26, 17:17:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, here's what I've found so far:  I took all downloads out, then put back just MATY stuff cuz I trust it.  Carpool came.  Put the InSim in and the carpool still came.  However, if I went to another lot, I was right back to the same problem so I guess you have to play all lots at least once (and maybe through one carpool cycle) before putting InSim back.  As a side note, InSim doesn't work as well for me as it does for others right now - some people aren't having any problems with it, but I can't get most of it to work. 

Does that help?  I'm going to keep playing around with it later tonight - got a bunch of stuff to do right now, though, since it's (finally) my day off (yep, I got a job!  go me!).

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 October 26, 20:13:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my tests, the culprit appeared to be Dizzy's sitter hack that someone had updated at MTS2 for OFB.  I took it out, and the pet carpool came.  I took everything else out and only put it in, and the carpool didn't come.  I thought it might have been InSim, but the carpool came with it installed.  I'm using the OBJ version, which Eric said shouldn't conflict with anything and was ok to use until he updates it for Pets.  It doesn't have the issue with dogs peeing microwaves that some people have had with the SIM or DEST versions. 
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 October 26, 20:20:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that's just plain weird cuz I'm using the OBJ InSim too but still having trouble.  I'll try some more adding/removing of files and see what's up - I use the old Dizzy babysitter mod as well so maybe I need to fuss with that a bit.

Meanwhile, I am waiting oh-so-(NOT-)patiently for the ability to max motives for pets.  It sure would make this testing easier Tongue

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 October 26, 20:30:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I run my game in debug mode, and that lets me drag the motive bars when needed.  Cheesy
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 October 26, 20:52:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Geez, I completely forgot about that!  See what happens when you don't play for a couple months?  Or maybe it's just the old-age brain farts Tongue

Thanks!

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 October 26, 21:14:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No prob, that's what we are here for, to help each other out.  Smiley
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 October 27, 03:33:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a different car issue.  Alexander Goth aged to teen.  I sent him downtown to buy some clothes in the family sedan (bought the maxis sedan and placed a driveway at the Goth mansion).

when he returned home, though, he couldn't turn onto the driveway, just sat honking the horn on the street with "get out of car" listed under the cash register icon.  I forced an error on the car and got the attached error message.  it doesn't seem to have any interesting info.

I have only the approved mods from here, the censor blur, and numenor's hack that allows placing custom objects on shelves.

C
« Last Edit: 2006 October 27, 04:02:56 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Fish Dude
Corpulent Cretin

WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 October 27, 13:41:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Forcing errors have no use when trying to fix problems.

No ones gonna take me alive, the time has come to make things right.
You and I must fight for our rights, you and I must fight to survive.

- Muse
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 October 27, 13:51:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it may have "no use" in trying to diagnose the problem, but it got the car into the driveway and my sim out of the car.   Tongue

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 October 27, 21:05:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rainbow - you hit it dead on.  It was the hacked-Dizzy-babysitting hack.  Took it out and all is well.  It's been reported over on MTS2 but I'm not holding my breath - not sure that creator is still around.

Anyway, carpool works and I'm happy Cheesy

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 October 28, 03:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I reported it over there, in case the person was still paying attention.  It didn't look like anyone else had said anything about it when I posted.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 October 28, 03:25:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If petz(omgoneoneonez) can get jobs and fire people, etc, why can't they drive their own damn selves to work? I want to see Buffy cruising around in one of those little European Smartcars.

Oh no, Toonces!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEZP-Ekg228

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 October 28, 04:19:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not really true: Forcing errors can fix problems by forcing a reset on the object. Sometimes this is enough for the rare on/off glitch. The resulting log, however, is generally useless and uninformative, so please don't attach unsolicited force-error logs.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 October 28, 05:40:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right. I always force errors when a side of a bed gets 'stuck' and thinks someone is using it.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
bratz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 October 29, 17:12:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Getting rid of the Dizzy's Sitter (ofb) has FIXED my carpool issue with pets.  I really appreciate you all taking the time to test, remove, going back and forth in your game to figure this one out. 

thanks
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 October 29, 18:23:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The creator (or rather updater) of the hack replied yesterday but he doesn't have the game yet and doesn't know when he will get it.   Sad  It was one of my favorite mods.  I can't go back to the nanny now, I just can't!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: