More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:08:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sick of razzle!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sick of razzle!  (Read 31289 times)
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: Sick of razzle!
« Reply #75 on: 2006 October 24, 17:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or eat from the pet bowls.  Grin

They do, if they get hungry enough.  I've seen them do it.
ganymede
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2006 October 25, 15:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only have one house with a pet (a dog), but things have been far less annoying than usual, and, without SimPE Sad, I'v had to actually skill up the family members from scratch. Aside from the dog being significantly smarter and more self-sufficient than than the humans, I'm glad that the Sims would rather play 'razzle' or fetch than  kicky bag or rock, paper, scissors on occasion! The dog at least, will get tired of the repettion and go do something constructive, whereas the Sims generally need to be directed.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2006 October 26, 11:21:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh and about the womrats, I noticed if you put them in the same room a sim sleeps in it wakes them up which is kind of dumb. Tongue I can understand birds, but when I was a kid I had hamsters in my bedroom and they never made so much noise that it woke me up. Heck, even the birds generally shut up if you put a cover over their cage for a night.

I just noticed this today. The sims won't wake up until their energy bar is about 1/4 full or somewhere around there, though. This womrat was spinning in his wheel all night and the sims were oblivious until their meters filled a bit.

I bought a pregnant hamster once. I did not know it at the time, though. She had 11 offspring, and 10 were males, many of which had to be separated because of aggression. The female and the mother lived together okay for a while but they one day they decided they wanted to kill each other, too, so had to be separated. At one time we had about  8 cages of constant activity/creaky wheel spinning until I was able to pawn those guys off on the teachers at school and neighborhood kids. I could hear them even though they were kept in another room, so I can definitely relate to the not-sleeping thing! Tongue
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2006 October 26, 12:55:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We had one hamster once when I was growing up that had 15 babies in one litter.  Shocked

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2006 October 26, 14:06:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My first hamster was pregnant, err...well actually the first escaped the box when we went in to the grocer and lodged itself up under the dash and died but thats a whole 'nother adventure....ok so the second hamster was pregnant. It had babies about three days later which I had never seen up close and personal before, and I was convinced my hamster was falling apart! Sadly the mother hamster was a cannibal and proceeded to behead all but two of her babies over the course of the next few weeks. My mother told me she would stop when they got hair and this was just natural selection, imagine my dismay when a furry little head rolled out one day from where the mother was hiding, obviously doing in yet another of her offspring. I eventually separated her from the remaining two, since it was pretty clear at that point this hamster was not willing to share its cage with any others. needless to say I was pretty happy when she escaped her cage a few months later and ate rat poisoning...oops.   Wink
« Last Edit: 2006 October 26, 14:12:38 by nectere » Logged
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2006 October 26, 15:14:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's just...bizarre.

VERY bizarre, nectere.

I don't think I could handle that.

* Lil Brudder gets the jeeblies
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2006 October 26, 16:44:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, my pregnant hamster was supposed to be the "secret" replacement for the class pet we were watching over the summer. Jay and Jamie went out of town, and Koker, a BOY hamster, kicked the bucket. Of course. So, I bought a dead ringer (no pun intended) for him, figuring the class wouldn't notice the lack of...male hamster parts.

Mr.Koker got really fat...and I had some 'splainin' to do.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2006 October 26, 16:48:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh and about the womrats, I noticed if you put them in the same room a sim sleeps in it wakes them up which is kind of dumb. Tongue I can understand birds, but when I was a kid I had hamsters in my bedroom and they never made so much noise that it woke me up. Heck, even the birds generally shut up if you put a cover over their cage for a night.

I just noticed this today. The sims won't wake up until their energy bar is about 1/4 full or somewhere around there, though. This womrat was spinning in his wheel all night and the sims were oblivious until their meters filled a bit.

Same here. The cage was in a child's room and I noticed he kept tossing and turning while his energy bar went up and down. He didn't wake up though. I was hoping he wasn't sick due to him playing with the womrat but I figured the thing was just making little noises that kept him up.
And why do they throw themselves against the plastic sides and slide down? My womrat keeps doing it, it is so funny.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2006 October 26, 16:53:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And why do they throw themselves against the plastic sides and slide down? My womrat keeps doing it, it is so funny.

He wants OUT!  Grin
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2006 October 26, 18:46:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also never seen pets refuse the food in the bowl.

Assuming they're trained to eat pet food, that is Smiley  Have you played those obnoxious Crittur dogs yet?  They'll starve to death right in the same room with a bowl of pet food because they've been trained to eat Sim food.

Karen

Only thing you can do with them is drop a plate of food, let them eat most of it, then scold them.  That will give them a non-zero chance of eating from the bowl, so you can Praise them.

Also, if the Praise option is there, you can Give Love->Treat, which is Praise plus food.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: 2006 October 31, 08:52:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The people at Maxis EA must never have had a cat. If you leave their pan uncleaned for several days in a row, they'll find it unpalatable to go in and find other places to go.  Shocked

They do this in the game also. When the catpan got full in one of my houses, a cat peed on the floor, even though it was fully trained to use the litterbox. I'm pretty sure it was fewer than 3 sim days that the pan got dirty, too. After the kitten in the household grew up, it seemed that the litterbox needed cleaning once per day, at least.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2006 October 31, 13:37:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, my pregnant hamster was supposed to be the "secret" replacement for the class pet we were watching over the summer. Jay and Jamie went out of town, and Koker, a BOY hamster, kicked the bucket. Of course. So, I bought a dead ringer (no pun intended) for him, figuring the class wouldn't notice the lack of...male hamster parts.

Mr.Koker got really fat...and I had some 'splainin' to do.

My aunt and uncle were looking after my pet budgie while I was away. It got out, dog got it and it died. Not only did they get the wrong sex for the *replacement* they got the wrong colour. I was only little at the time but they had a heck of a time convincing me that it was new food they'd bought that made it change colour. Cry
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2006 October 31, 16:03:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was only little at the time but they had a heck of a time convincing me that it was new food they'd bought that made it change colour. Cry

Oh my...why do our pets always die when we go on holiday? And why, when we were children, did our parents choose the most unsuitable people to watch them?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2006 October 31, 21:25:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did anyone ever make a hack for the fishtanks so they don't need to bed fed and cleaned all the time?

In case someone hasn't responded already: http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=12844

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2006 November 01, 05:20:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my...why do our pets always die when we go on holiday? And why, when we were children, did our parents choose the most unsuitable people to watch them?

Beats me, I reckon they could have at least dug up the body to get an approximate match - at least that would be what I would have done  Roll Eyes
CrabOfDoom
Asinine Airhead

death by tray it shall be

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2006 November 02, 19:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I can figure is that I was having inexplicably phenominal luck with Pets (before taking a hiatus to prevent a fireball.) A gave one sim a birdcage and the saltwater aquarium. The fish were still alive after a week of once-a-day feedings. And the bird - he adores that bird. It's still alive, too, he's taught it to talk, I tell him to leave the cage open, and the bird flies around the house, but always goes back to its cage. Even with the door left open, it prefers to stay in there 90% of the time. It never enters the bedroom while he's sleeping. The cage only needs cleaned every third day or so, and the maid will do it, but I have the sim take care of it, himself. He doesn't harass the bird on his own, but I do direct him to play with it a couple times a day. That bird is an eating machine, though. $20 a day for bird food, on average. Good thing his owner is a sim I permit myself to motherlode when necessary.

"Razzle" pisses me off because the name misses the point. It's "(w)rassle", a basterdized version of "to wrestle", not half of "razzle dazzle", which is "to bullshit" or "to annoy with excessive school spirit". Although, definition B may have a basis, after all.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2006 November 02, 22:01:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One Sim kid managed to overfeed a bird to death... I was somewhat annoyed, but the family can afford another 400 simolean bird.
Sam
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2006 November 03, 02:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also never seen pets refuse the food in the bowl.

Assuming they're trained to eat pet food, that is Smiley  Have you played those obnoxious Crittur dogs yet?  They'll starve to death right in the same room with a bowl of pet food because they've been trained to eat Sim food.

Karen

Only thing you can do with them is drop a plate of food, let them eat most of it, then scold them.  That will give them a non-zero chance of eating from the bowl, so you can Praise them.

Also, if the Praise option is there, you can Give Love->Treat, which is Praise plus food.

Or you can make teaching them "Come Here" your first priority, so you can call them to the pet bowl so they can eat Wink I never found out how to feed them Sim food Huh

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2006 November 03, 03:13:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never found out how to feed them Sim food Huh

I think you have to have a sim put a plate of food on the floor -- then the pet will eat it.  Or don't give them a food bowl, and leave food on the counter. Maybe that way all but the smallest dogs finds it. Wink

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Surelyfunke
Bearded Bigamist
Querulous Quidnunc

Beard is yours for $2.50 at Rose Sims!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2006 November 03, 07:38:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Umm, Brynne, I have to ask. Where did you find that bedding in that picture you posed?  Grin

idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2006 November 03, 18:59:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Avenida Sims
Sam
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2006 November 03, 20:05:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never found out how to feed them Sim food Huh

I think you have to have a sim put a plate of food on the floor -- then the pet will eat it.  Or don't give them a food bowl, and leave food on the counter. Maybe that way all but the smallest dogs finds it. Wink

Ah, I see. Those dogs were a pain though; after re-installing I deleted all trace of extras in the Sim Bin, Critturs and all. Nice dogs, apart from Sarah growling at her boyfriend sometimes... Undecided After all that, I'd sooner know what I'm getting this time round. Hope Eafs the wolf comes back though, he's cute Cheesy Friendly too, I wanna adopt him Smiley

Surelyfunke
Bearded Bigamist
Querulous Quidnunc

Beard is yours for $2.50 at Rose Sims!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2006 November 04, 05:24:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Avenida Sims

Thank you Smiley

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2006 November 04, 05:56:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Razzle" pisses me off because the name misses the point. It's "(w)rassle", a basterdized version of "to wrestle", not half of "razzle dazzle", which is "to bullshit" or "to annoy with excessive school spirit". Although, definition B may have a basis, after all.
Considering that razzling the dog essentially involves bugging it, I'd say definition B applies just fine.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: