More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:22:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sick of razzle!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sick of razzle!  (Read 31296 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Sick of razzle!
« Reply #50 on: 2006 October 23, 16:29:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least the womrats get the little bubble over them showing they are hungry. Do birds? I didn't notice. And the fish definitely don't. Always a fine line between under and over feeding the fish. Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 October 23, 16:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my sims walked right over the new bowl and started filling it up. I don't know if the pet asked her to or not.

The bird does get thought bubbles about hunger.

Is the wormrat's bowl ever actually full? Everytime I click on the cage it suggests I add food, even if I just did.

The animations for playing with the wormrat are pretty cute, though. So far only Sandy Bruty has a wormrat and she has never gone to play with it autonomously - she can't leave the bird alone, though.

How is the bird opening the door? I put it in its own room so if she left the cage open when I wasn't looking then at least he wouldn't get out... but the door keeps opening everytime he gets near it.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 October 23, 16:59:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think with the womrat and the bird they always let you fill the food because like the fish it's possible to overfeed them and they can gorge themselves to death. I killed a bird that way. Oops. :O

With the pet bowl, I noticed sometimes I get the "clean" option and sometimes I don't. Does it make a difference at all? All it seems to do is dump the food out, I've never seen it get rotten or stinky (I guess it's hard food) and I've also never seen pets refuse the food in the bowl.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 October 23, 17:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh and about the womrats, I noticed if you put them in the same room a sim sleeps in it wakes them up which is kind of dumb. Tongue I can understand birds, but when I was a kid I had hamsters in my bedroom and they never made so much noise that it woke me up. Heck, even the birds generally shut up if you put a cover over their cage for a night.

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 October 23, 17:30:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How is the bird opening the door? I put it in its own room so if she left the cage open when I wasn't looking then at least he wouldn't get out... but the door keeps opening everytime he gets near it.

Try Christianlov's hack at MTS2 that keeps birds from flying if the cage door is unlocked.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=198075

Christianlov also has a hack to keep cages clean and always stocked with food. 
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=198073

Now if somebody would only do the same for pet bowls, we'd be all set  Smiley

Karen
« Last Edit: 2006 October 23, 17:36:44 by karen » Logged
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 October 23, 17:40:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did anyone ever make a hack for the fishtanks so they don't need to bed fed and cleaned all the time?

Also, does the maid clean the bird and womrat cages? I hadn't paid attention.

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 October 23, 17:45:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also never seen pets refuse the food in the bowl.

Assuming they're trained to eat pet food, that is Smiley  Have you played those obnoxious Crittur dogs yet?  They'll starve to death right in the same room with a bowl of pet food because they've been trained to eat Sim food.

Karen
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 October 23, 18:01:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, I haven't played those dogs yet. How annoying lol. Not like I haven't had dogs like that irl though. Not sure I would want to eat the stuff in that pet food anyway. It's loaded with ground up animal carcasses and even ash. Tongue

My sim cats always sleep on the human beds but I don't mind. IRL I had cats that would do that growing up and we just let them, they pretty much went all over the place, sofa, bed, whatever they wanted. Don't try to get them up either or they would get made and hiss and swat at you lol.

MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 October 23, 18:14:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen the maid clean the birdcage.

I also had a wormrat cage in the kids bedroom, but I never noticed him waking up. Too bad the poor thing only lasted 3 sim days so I guess I'll never know. lol That thing was the most annoying thing to care for!
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 October 23, 18:37:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think with the womrat and the bird they always let you fill the food because like the fish it's possible to overfeed them and they can gorge themselves to death. I killed a bird that way. Oops. :O

With the pet bowl, I noticed sometimes I get the "clean" option and sometimes I don't. Does it make a difference at all? All it seems to do is dump the food out, I've never seen it get rotten or stinky (I guess it's hard food) and I've also never seen pets refuse the food in the bowl.
The bowls get green stink lines eventually, but pets still eat out of them anyway. I don't know if that makes them sick.

I only clean them when they are empty. It's the bowls that get gross, not the food itself. Although maybe the food does too after a long enough time, I don't know.

I never knew you could overfeed the fish. I've always fed them once a day.

Oh and about the womrats, I noticed if you put them in the same room a sim sleeps in it wakes them up which is kind of dumb. Tongue I can understand birds, but when I was a kid I had hamsters in my bedroom and they never made so much noise that it woke me up. Heck, even the birds generally shut up if you put a cover over their cage for a night.
Lawd, when I was a kid, my hamster ran on his wheel all night, and it was just obnoxious. Thunk, thunk, thunk, squeak.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 October 23, 18:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Supposedly finicky dogs won't eat from stinky bowls.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 October 23, 19:34:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cat pan does need to be cleaned after three sims days. I picked up a mod last night that will prevent the fish from dying, regardless of food or cleaning...which is good, because I have no idea how to keep them buggers alive in the sims...or real life.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 October 23, 19:43:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

3 days? I have 4 sim cats in one of my houses with kittens on the way. If that were rl that pan would be disgusting after one day. :p

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 October 23, 19:48:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

heh well this was a test with just one sim cat Tongue Because at first I also thought that it didnt get dirty, I was pleased as punch when it did because the cats are already so maintenace free it didnt make sense.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 October 23, 20:37:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We need a daily cat pan hack.  Grin

It's kind of silly that if you toilet train your cats, the toilet bowl needs to be cleaned far more often that the catpan.

Since they made the catpans require such infrequent care, it's actually a disadvantage to toilet train cats. :p

The people at Maxis EA must never have had a cat. If you leave their pan uncleaned for several days in a row, they'll find it unpalatable to go in and find other places to go.  Shocked
« Last Edit: 2006 October 23, 20:52:03 by Motoki » Logged

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 October 24, 03:40:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Karen

Christianlov did do one for the pet bowls  Wink  always clean and full  Grin
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 October 24, 05:18:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the cat pans never need cleaning. I wish they made ones like that irl. Smiley

I know! The pet bed does eventually get stinky, though, which seems oddly inconsistent.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 October 24, 07:08:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, well if the pet bed gets stinky then what's the advantage to having them sleep in it as opposed to a human bed? I guess there is none other than it looks like you have a nice obediant and orderly pet.  Tongue

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 October 24, 07:35:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We need a daily cat pan hack.  Grin

It's kind of silly that if you toilet train your cats, the toilet bowl needs to be cleaned far more often that the catpan.

Since they made the catpans require such infrequent care, it's actually a disadvantage to toilet train cats. :p
I wouldn't say it's a disadvantage. The maid will handle the terlet naturally anyway. Everyone has one of those, right?

Macrotastics will soon support an increase range of pet-related maintenance as part of Power Idle, starting with food bowl refilling and cleaning.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006 October 24, 10:32:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that didn't take long!  Two more hacks available at MTS2:  An auto-filling food bowl by Christianlov (http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=197501) and a water bowl that pets can drink from, by wintermuteai1 (http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=198233)

If you have the auto-filling pet bowl installed, it will also automatically refill the water bowl.  And no need to clean either of them!  I have these in my game and they seem to be working fine so far.

Karen
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006 October 24, 12:38:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beau Broke missed the schoolbus playing Razzle with a stray

PITA.  I haven't had a chance to get a puppy or kitten.  I swear, Brandi Broke is the most high maintenance preggo sim I've ever had.

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006 October 24, 12:54:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the cat pans never need cleaning. I wish they made ones like that irl. Smiley

I know! The pet bed does eventually get stinky, though, which seems oddly inconsistent.

Huh  Playing in a vanilla game, I've had the litter box get dirty and need to be cleaned. I had two cats in the house and it seemed like every other sim day the box needed to be cleaned. The animation is kinda funny when they are cleaning it out.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2006 October 24, 14:48:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, well if the pet bed gets stinky then what's the advantage to having them sleep in it as opposed to a human bed? I guess there is none other than it looks like you have a nice obediant and orderly pet.  Tongue

I want pet beds to support kitten piles. I also think it would be awesome if toddlers could sleep in the pet beds.  Cheesy

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2006 October 24, 16:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or eat from the pet bowls.  Grin

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2006 October 24, 16:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont quite understand why they didnt make more than one slot on the pet beds, I mean those things are huge in comparison to the pets, and realistically pets do tend to sleep together for warmth, especially youngsters
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: