More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 17:54:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No eating burnt food?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No eating burnt food?  (Read 5522 times)
staroverthebay
Nitwitted Nuisance

¯\(º_o)/¯ lol wut?

View Profile WWW
No eating burnt food?
« on: 2006 November 03, 04:42:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a hack out there to prevent Sims from trying to eat scorched food that's caused the oven to catch fire? Like, an option on the pie menu to simply dispose of the burnt Lobster Thermidor or whatever. I get frustrated having to micromanage my sims when they catch the food on fire; I have to tell them to "Get <whatever the scorched food is>" and then when they sit down to eat it, I have to tell them to clean it up -- and usually I have the dishwasher and garbage disposal right next to the oven, so it'd be less time-consuming if I could just get them to clean up the scorched food from the oven.

¯\(º_o)/¯ I dunno lol
YOUNG AND STUPID.
Introverted, Sensing, Thinking and Perceiving. Conclusion: I IS TOILET PAPER!
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: No eating burnt food?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 03, 04:46:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why? Burnt food doesn't harm them, or make them sick. I think the only downside is that the hunger boosts are slightly decreased. Why waste perfectly edible food?
CatGirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 03, 04:51:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, if they make lobster thermidor while I'm not looking, they get to eat it regardless of how it turns out.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 03, 05:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first cooking of the Lobster Termidor is almost always burnt, even if you are 10-skilled in cooking. Why, I don't know, but I experiensed it a lot. As I have "noburnfood" hack, I see only a smoke coming from the food. Then I have to order the poor sim to clean up the food, and cook again the Lobster. Sometimes he burns it again. It happens too when he cooks Pancakes.

My strategy is, to watch all the time the cooking sim, and to order  him to check the food a couple of times. It helps.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 03, 07:20:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that noeatcrap doesn't allow non-fat/lazy sims to eat burnt food, but I could be wrong,

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 03, 08:08:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think noeatcrap stops burnt food eating, just spoiled food that could make sims sick if eaten, unless they are slobs that don't care.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 03, 08:35:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Burnt food is harmless, so noeatcrap has no effect on it. Personally, I wish sims would just stop trying to cook the food at all. That really already ruins it. RAW MEAT is the way to go.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 03, 08:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, if they make lobster thermidor while I'm not looking, they get to eat it regardless of how it turns out.

I'm with you, CatGirl. It's like, "You just had to cook lobster thermidor when I wasn't looking, didn't you? Well, you're gonna sit there and choke down every last, charred bite of it!"

If it was just an grilled cheese or something, I wouldn't care, but that lobster dish costs mucho food points. Crammyboy's EatMoreTalkLess has been a *wonderful* introduction to my game and really helps cut down on overeating. Before I trashed and restarted all my neighbourhoods, though, I still had one sim who insisted on trying to cook the highest possible food item, even when he was just barely peckish. Plenty of active points and all, just stupid as hell when it came to food.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 03, 12:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what annoys me more is that it's the poor sod who takes the food out of the oven after the incident who gets the bad memory of having burned the food, regardles of who actually caused the disaster.  I've had one sad sensible sim with a lot of bad burned food memories where he was just cleaning up after his stupid wife while she was in the shower washing soot out of her hair.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 03, 13:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's even worse when they get a bad memory because they're removing food that the nanny started cooking then wandered away from.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 03, 16:18:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's even worse when half the kitchen burns down because the family couldn't afford an alarm and the toddlers couldn't use the phone to call the fireman.

Stupid nanny sat there in an armchair and watched it burn! 
Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 04, 01:16:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the original game there was a safety threshold of 3 or 4 cooking points after which it was virtually impossible for the sim to start fires by cooking (you couldn't burn food back then). Made a lot more sense. Of course, it doesn't have to make sense in simland, but it sure was a lot less irritating. I wonder which pyromanic moron Sims 2 designer thought it would be fun to watch 10 cooking sims burn both food and kitchen 20% of the time because all they want to cook is lobster thermidor. Probably the same one who did all the yummy channel clips.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 04, 01:41:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After they've started too many fires, I take the stove away and make 'em eat chef salad, lunch meat sandwiches, and cereal for a while.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 04, 01:49:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Squinge has a "no more burnt food" hack
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=9480
lingeringviolet
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 04, 04:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"You just had to cook lobster thermidor when I wasn't looking, didn't you? Well, you're gonna sit there and choke down every last, charred bite of it!"

for some reason this just made me snort with glee, too funny

What rolls down stairs alone or in pairs
Rolls over your neighbor's dog?
What's great for a snack and fits on your back?
It's Log, Log, Log!
It's Log, Log, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood.
It's Log, Log, it's better than bad, it's good!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: