More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 19:15:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Horribly UnPleasant....
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Horribly UnPleasant....  (Read 5981 times)
DoomPuppy
Blathering Buffoon

.::devil's little sister::.

View Profile
Horribly UnPleasant....
« on: 2006 October 20, 00:54:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What a wonderful thing to have a new expansion pack!  I already have one family so fubar I can't play with them at all.
I have Angela Pleasant and Dustin Broke married and living together.  Angela was pregnant but hadn't "popped" for the first time when I installed the Pets pack.  I moved in the Crittur family to see how pets worked. 
I found some errors and fixed them by removing non-updated hacks and hacked itmes which may have affected the interactions with pets.  But when Angela "popped" for the first time things got interesting.  I wish I had a screen shot to show you, but I can no longer access the family at all.  Angela's head is fine, but everything below the waist is black silouette, the only thing you can see clearly below the neck is her wedding ring.  I left the lot and this morning when I tried to enter the lot it crashed immediately.  Moving them out and moving them back in changes nothing.   Moving them to a different lot changes nothing.  I can warp them into other lots but they repeatedly jump away from the Sims on the lot and do not appear in the relationship panel of those Sims.  It's as if they're not even there.  I thought the problem might be related to the pets, but I can't separate them to figure it out.
An error report is attached.
« Last Edit: 2006 October 20, 00:55:26 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

"Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Horribly UnPleasant....
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 20, 00:56:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is not an objecterror log and tells us nothing. Simsexception logs can only be effectively analyzed with source code, which we don't have. You're basically SOL and can only try to progress by randomly mashing buttons until something unjams.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
DoomPuppy
Blathering Buffoon

.::devil's little sister::.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 20, 00:58:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was extremely helpful Pes  Tongue

edit--Think I might have solved the problem..no kaboom yet.  Shocked
« Last Edit: 2006 October 20, 01:20:18 by DoomPuppy » Logged

"Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 20, 01:23:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that same thing happen to me...kinda. Lots of crashing and whatnot. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,5920.0.html Pescado was no help at all.

The crashing was always preceded by major graphics fubaring. I.e. bodies going black, disappearing, things turning into white blocks, yada, yada. I think it may have something to do w/ the graphics card. Really sucks b/c my graphics card is supposed to be pretty good.

Took all my downloads out and it stopped happening. Since no object errors turned up w/ testingcheats I'm assuming I just have too much CC...I checked my d/ls folder the other day and it's 7.5Gbs. A couple of months ago it was still at 2.5! Argh. It really ballooned after certain...outlets for content....popped up. Damn you Pescado. Tongue
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 20, 02:12:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the black bodies thing happen a while back right after doing a video, and the lots began flashing red in the neighborhood screen. I thought  it was the new omega drivers I'd just installed, because when I rolled them back, everything went back to normal. Then my graphics card melted, my laptop was in the shop for a few weeks, got a new motherboard and now everything's just peachy. Tongue

I did take pics. You can see hats and wedding bands.

idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 20, 02:35:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

May I ask what type of card you have? I do think I might have installed new drivers sometime prior...not sure though...
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 20, 02:47:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ati Radeon Mobility 9700.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 20, 03:30:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have ATI too! I just downloaded the latest drivers yesterday to try to fix it, and the problem got worse, not better.

Which driver are you using now?
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 20, 03:36:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I *think* it was the Catalyst 6.8 that was so f'ed up. I'm back to using the drivers that came with my card, now. I just checked and Cat 6.9 is out, but I don't know how good they are.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 20, 03:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dxdiag tells me my version is 6.14?? Although it says the DDI Version is 9...what does your's say?
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 20, 03:49:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, same here.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 20, 03:52:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using 6.9 with no problems, but I don't have a mobility card.  A new driver should be out tomorrow, though, if you want to wait and try that one.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 20, 13:43:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last night I read the read.me file after I installed EP4 and think it may have listed some issues regarding mobility cards.  Not positive, but you may want to check that.

I'm running an ATI Radeon X850XT with the latest catalyst software/driver and have had no problems in the short time I played last night.

idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 20, 16:39:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have your same card...not a mobility, and it works fine w/out the CC, but w/ my CC in it's worse than before. W/ the new drivers the thing's now crashing at neighborhood view.

I've yet to try older drivers...I'm gonna try that later. Trying to clean out my CC has been a nightmare. I spent all afternoon on it and I only managed to organize 1/5 of the Hairs folder. Ahh!!!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 October 21, 08:28:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never update drivers until something requires me to. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: