More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 17, 07:37:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  driveway placement difficulty
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: driveway placement difficulty  (Read 5230 times)
amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
driveway placement difficulty
« on: 2005 September 16, 11:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had trouble placing a driveway. Nothing was in the way of any associated tiles and the ground was perfectly level. I could put the driveway in the spot, but the hand holding it wouldn't release it, so it never got placed. Just on a hunch, I turned off "moveobjects" because it had been on. Voila! The driveway placed perfectly on the first try. I turned "moveobjects" back on and the driveway could not be placed.

I have never run into anything like this before, since "moveobjects on" usually allows placement when it would otherwise be impossible, rather than the other way around.

I'm wondering if anything else might be affected, as far as placement, by the "moveobjects on" cheat. Has anyone else noticed anything?

For every King, there is a Queen ....
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
Re: driveway placement difficulty
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 16, 11:37:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

for waht i read somewhere, a maxoid said it is not passible to put the driveway with moveobjects on. and thats all. didn't mentio anthing else
katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 16, 15:56:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really know what I'm talking about so take this with a bucket of salt or so, but maybe it has something to do with the fact that the placement of the driveway is restricted by the mailbox and trashcan (I think) so possibly if you used moveobjects on to place the driveway, it would be very easy to break the mailbox and trashcan and probably the carpool portal too, which could break your game pretty badly, so they just made it impossible to place it with that on? Probably doesn't make sense because there's probably a zillion other ways to break the mailbox and trashcan and carpool portal using moveobjects on that they didn't bother trying to prevent, but does it really have to make sense, given we are talking about Maxis?
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 16, 17:31:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MoveObjects on will not let you place a driveway. I had that same problem. As soon as I turned moveObjects off, I could place it just fine.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 16, 20:48:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had quite a few problems with these.  I have one house that already had a garage and driveway, but not the NL ones.  I removed the original driveway, but it wouldn't let me place a NL one.  Turns out it was because whoever built the house put it partly into the out of bounds area, which is only accessible for building via moveobjects on.  The driveway fit perfectly with the cheat code on, but couldn't be placed.  Had to build it on the other side of the house instead, where it doesn't look anywhere near as good.  I am going to have to demolish nearly all my houses because none of them have room for garages.  Trouble is, I can find virtually none to download, so I'm going to have to wait a while.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
JavaChild
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 16, 22:38:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone recommend a good site to download houses from? I'm not on the NL bandwagon yet so they don't necessarily hafta allow room for driveways n' such but I've heard so much about all kinds of shit coming with downloaded homes that I've never quite worked up the courage...

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 17, 02:36:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Javachild: Get Sims2pack Clean Installer:

http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com

It will let you browse the contents of any lot download before you install it and uncheck any files you don't want. Unless the creator has specified they included some custom content with their lot like walls, floors or groundcover, the only file that should be in there is the actual lot's file. Generally, walls, floors and groundcover should be okay. Some people chose to include custom objects like furniture, those shouldn't be a big deal either.

But, if you see any hacks, careers etc then uncheck them. They shouldn't be there but can and do sneak in and in most cases the person who packaged up the house was quite unaware of this.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 17, 03:53:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone recommend a good site to download houses from? I'm not on the NL bandwagon yet so they don't necessarily hafta allow room for driveways n' such but I've heard so much about all kinds of shit coming with downloaded homes that I've never quite worked up the courage...

You're welcome to look at my lots if you like: http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/forumdisplay.php?f=125
I have taken a great deal of trouble to make sure there are no hacks in my lots - heaps of custom content but no hacks I am aware of. I have installed them myself & don't see anything with clean pack installer. The phone line controller is the hardest to get rid of.  Smiley

PS If you go to my ea.com page, I'm 'bolshywitch' on the bbs, don't download the Leopard Clan house - downloading sims is really bad for your game - you can probably get away with a few, but too many and you'll have heaps of extra crap in your n'hood. Smiley

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
JavaChild
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 17, 04:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you both very much... I do so hate building houses.

Merrily off to download even more now
scoob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 17, 11:38:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JavaChild, this is also a great site http://simestates2.planetthesims.gamespy.com/
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: