More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:47:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pets EP questions...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pets EP questions...  (Read 20635 times)
thatstakn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Pets EP questions...
« Reply #25 on: 2006 October 19, 20:01:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the adult pet span is suppossed to be 25 sim days  Undecided

no llamas

there are wolves that wander around your lot & house; still waiting to get bitten   Grin

what do you have to do to get bitten, and if bitten how long are you a werewolf?
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 October 19, 20:05:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you have to be friends with the leader of the pack, and if you get bitten, your a werewolf till one of two things happen:

You buy a cure of the gypsy lady

or

you die.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 October 19, 20:24:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you adopt one of the non leader wolves? That'd be cool for a storyline. You know, the whole boy raised by wolves bit? Grin
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 October 19, 20:43:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I've just had a stray on the lot so far, does anyone have pics of the Leader of the Pack?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Rainne
Dimwitted Dunce

Oh, fuck.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 October 19, 23:25:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Leader of the Pack only shows up at night, as I understand it/  He looks like a big brown dog but has glowing yellow eyes.  He is the *only* wolf with glowing yellow eyes.

<br />Probably because you suck.<br />
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 October 19, 23:29:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love my aliases.  Cheesy I keep mine simple and to the point. "45" to turn on the 45 angles and "45-" to turn it off, "o" for moveobjects, "o-" to turn it off- you get the picture. Yes, I'm lazy, and I don't care.  Wink

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 October 20, 15:26:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Leader of the Pack only shows up at night, as I understand it/  He looks like a big brown dog but has glowing yellow eyes.  He is the *only* wolf with glowing yellow eyes.

I am sure I saw one of these when I played this morning.  The yellow eyes are quite distinctive and easy to see from a distance.

Karen

EDIT:  And here he is:

« Last Edit: 2006 October 21, 14:29:39 by karen » Logged
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 October 20, 16:19:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you adopt one of the non leader wolves? That'd be cool for a storyline. You know, the whole boy raised by wolves bit? Grin

No, you can't have the leader of the pack join the family but you can do that with a regular wolf.

Question, can a puppy be walked? He keeps peeing by the couch and when I take him outside, he just goes back into the house (same spot) and pees.
I tried to make him pee on the stay-shrubs bush but it didn't work.  Smiley

edit - and how do you "call-over" a dog so it will come to you?
« Last Edit: 2006 October 20, 16:56:25 by PlayLives » Logged
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 October 20, 17:13:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to train them. Scold him for going inside. And I don't think you can make them go on anything specifically until you get them housebroken/yardbroken.

And as disgusting as it is, it's almost not worth housebreaking them if you just have to follow them outside and mop up their puddle so you don't get weeds.

Also, taking them on a walk seems to relieve their bladder needs.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 October 20, 17:58:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love that the doors can keep pets out.  The bin dogs were put in the Goth house and the were always causing probs in the house so I locked them outside and the cats therefore are locked inside.  Works great!  The womrat(?) appreciates it anyways.  Eventhough it was hilarious to see them jump and squeal.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 October 20, 18:07:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the way the dogs react when Sims serve a meal.  The minute dinner is ready to be put on the table, they start barking and showing pictures of the food in their thought bubbles.  The rest of the family might be completely oblivious to it, but the dogs always notice.  I guess it's that canine sense of smell  Smiley

Karen
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2006 October 20, 18:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can the animals eat  human food?  I couldn't see anywhere to make the owner put a plate down for them.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 October 20, 18:15:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the way the dogs react when Sims serve a meal.  The minute dinner is ready to be put on the table, they start barking and showing pictures of the food in their thought bubbles.  The rest of the family might be completely oblivious to it, but the dogs always notice.  I guess it's that canine sense of smell  Smiley
That's so realistic. Tongue My dog can not only identify when I have opened food, but he can even identify the difference between different sounding packages of maybe-food. If I open a bag of FOOD, he comes running. If I open a bag of not-food, no reaction whatsoever.

My cat is even more strange. Although he has never been fed canned-anything in his entire life, he seems to STILL recognize a can opener, even though it is never food and he has no reason to believe a can opener is associated with food. But he comes anyway, even though he surely knows it is not a can of food.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 October 20, 18:19:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can the animals eat  human food?  I couldn't see anywhere to make the owner put a plate down for them.

Drop it on the floor for dogs, or anywhere for cats.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2006 October 20, 20:09:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sledgehammer Tool (not sure what that does yet)

The sledgehammer allows you to obliterate objects by hammering them instead of having to pick them up with the hand tool and then delete them. It works in both build and buy modes, on both build and buy objects, regardless of which mode you're presently in. So, for example, you can sledgehammer build objects when in buy mode, and vice versa.

EDIT: fixed grammatical error
« Last Edit: 2006 October 20, 20:14:59 by notveryawesome » Logged

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 October 20, 20:52:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

boolProp allow45degreeAngleOfRotation true
Simmiecal you are a life saver if I am reading this corrctly I can now place my furniture on diagonal wallls right> using the cheat so the decor doesn't look as odd right?

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 October 20, 21:18:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well, you'll probably need the 'snapobjectstogrid false' cheat as well, to place things in the correct position.

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 October 20, 22:08:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't play with it on by default, though, because it can be a real pain with objects you need to snap to the wall, and when placing objects like tables and chairs.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 October 21, 00:08:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you die.
Dying does not cure being a werewolf. You're still a werewolf, you just also are dead. This may make being a werewolf a moot point, but you're still a werewolf. The status of being dead can be removed independently of being a werewolf.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 October 21, 15:00:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sledgehammer Tool (not sure what that does yet)

The sledgehammer allows you to obliterate objects by hammering them instead of having to pick them up with the hand tool and then delete them. It works in both build and buy modes, on both build and buy objects, regardless of which mode you're presently in. So, for example, you can sledgehammer build objects when in buy mode, and vice versa.

EDIT: fixed grammatical error

It also allows you to delete objects that have other things on them. Like a display shelf with 50 things. One click, they all go poof.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2006 October 21, 15:05:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish you could drag it over squares to delete an entire construction plus its contents.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 October 21, 19:23:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish build mode worked (i.e. someone fix the damn bugs already and stop adding new ones).

KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 October 21, 19:28:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish you could drag it over squares to delete an entire construction plus its contents.

For an entire lot, Use the new deleteall cheats for that.

DeleteAllAwnings    
DeleteAllFences    
DeleteAllHalfWalls    
DeleteAllObjects [Doors/Windows/Stairs]    
DeleteAllWalls

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 October 21, 19:45:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

boolProp allow45degreeAngleOfRotation true
Simmiecal you are a life saver if I am reading this corrctly I can now place my furniture on diagonal wallls right> using the cheat so the decor doesn't look as odd right?

I have it in my userstartup.cheat file.  Keep in mind, while you can place stuff at a 45 degree angle, some of the animations don't look right with some objects and sometimes you get whining from sims that they can't use the object. I think there's a list somewhere that says what objects can be placed at angle without whining but I can't remember where I saw it (maybe Snooty Sims?).
NothingToSee
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 October 24, 11:51:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2.  No Uni pets?  Really?  That seems like the one place I'd want them.  What Sim fraternity would be complete without a llama tied up out front?

Well I managed to get a cat into my uni.

I used this http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=197559 - christianlov's pet teleporter. I couldn't find a place to buy it in the Uni hood so I summoned a YA to the main hood and put one in his inventory. Loaded up the uni hood and moved in a cat.

It hasn't blown up my game yet, but the cat does not seem to age. Also the cat cannot get a job and you can't see what commands it has learned although you can still teach them and command them.

Still waiting for the game to go 'splodie. ^_^'

Atom XX
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: