More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 01:22:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  First Major Bug found with Pets
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: First Major Bug found with Pets  (Read 22255 times)
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
First Major Bug found with Pets
« on: 2006 October 18, 11:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Senerio,

Sim Couple, Happy married, One infant, one baby on the way. Two dogs. They have had a litter before(sold now). Sim husband tells dogs to go breed. They go and breed. Both husband and wife go to watch. After conception, husband goes to show effection to wife. Wife allows him. Then he gets pissed because she just cheated on him. Looking at memories she has just cheated on him with herself. Now their friendship and marriage is screwed.

Ugh it looks like the i met myself bug is back with a romance vengence.

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: First Major Bug found with Pets
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 18, 11:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's always fun. I guess you shouldn't have loaded the game without waiting for the Met Self Fixes!

And the Romance Mod. That's a good idea, too. That's what you people get for being so freaking impatient.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 18, 11:42:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess this is the advantage of living in Australia where it's not freaking released yet!
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 18, 11:43:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess this is the advantage of living in Australia where it's not freaking released yet!

Yup! We get to hear of all the bugs before we have to deal with them ourselves. Cheesy

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 18, 12:04:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually meant that there's a chance we'll have a good stockpile of mods and fixes and updates to old mods, so simming life should continue on relatively smoothly...  unlike all the merkins round here...
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 18, 14:11:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I've been telling Faizah today.  The waiting is good, by the time we get the game the more urgent fixes and critical hacks will be available.  But she gave me the cash for it and made me go online and pre-order it for her today.  So she'll have the EP around the 26th.

I'm going to wait until my birthday at the end of next month ... and drop her a few not-so-subtle hints along the way.  Like making sure she reads this post.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 18, 15:23:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bless you all for rushing out to buy, play, and report.

I may wait until the first patch is released before getting the EP.  Sort of reminds me of Microsoft.....
songsmith
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 18, 16:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did I read that right? The couple goes and watches the dogs fornicate?  Cheesy

I always wait a few days to a week before I install a new EP. That way I can install any bug fixes that have come out and watch out for the bugs that haven't been fixed yet. Sometimes it's nice to be a dummy who relies on the smart folks here.
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 18, 18:04:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah they treat it as a public woohoo and cheer

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 18, 18:20:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah they treat it as a public woohoo and cheer

That's just weird. Bestial voyeurism? No worse than actual pet breeders, I guess. They do all kinds of nasty things to their animals. I've seen documentaries on the subject that just about turned my stomach. Lips sealed

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 18, 18:45:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

im getting some odd jumping in my game, mostly whenever its got something to do with hygiene. such as cleaning dishes, bathing the pets, or when the pets are peeing on the floor or outside.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 18, 19:08:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then he gets pissed because she just cheated on him. Looking at memories she has just cheated on him with herself. Now their friendship and marriage is screwed.

At least she didn't cheat on him with the dog.

knitro
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 18, 19:11:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a jump bug with the phone last night...tried to make a call, didn't matter what phone it was...he'd jump away after dialing..might be a conflict with teh phone hack though...havn't checked it out yet.

K

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 18, 19:21:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a jump bug with the phone last night...tried to make a call, didn't matter what phone it was...he'd jump away after dialing..might be a conflict with teh phone hack though...havn't checked it out yet.

K

Yes, it was the phone hack. I had the same problem until I removed it. Fortunately, there's a new version under 'Pets' in the Hacks Directory.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 October 18, 19:50:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well, if i had the jump bug while using the phone, i could understand it, but this is while using the bathtub, the sink, and when the pets are peeing anywhere. Outside or inside.

THe only hacks i got in game, is the ones from the pets approved folder here at MATY, so i doubt thats it.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Onion Girl
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 October 18, 21:29:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then he gets pissed because she just cheated on him. Looking at memories she has just cheated on him with herself. Now their friendship and marriage is screwed.

At least she didn't cheat on him with the dog.
I was actually thinking that would be the bug. *shudders*

I will wait a while before getting this EP, mostly because I don't know if I care for it. Tongue

If you like the smell of doung, and being shouted at by farmers, why not take a trip to the countryside?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 October 18, 21:33:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

im getting some odd jumping in my game, mostly whenever its got something to do with hygiene. such as cleaning dishes, bathing the pets, or when the pets are peeing on the floor or outside.
Odd jumping means you need to attach an error log so we can look at it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 October 18, 22:03:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well, apart from me having no clue what so ever how to make one, or where to find one, i did manage to scrounge the following file up, located in my log folder in my sims installation.

Im not sure if this is the one, I ran a quick search of maty and this was the first place i found that I should have any error logs in, so here goes. If its the wrong one, please correct me, with easy to follow steps, as im basically a moron Tongue

The two attached files are the ones with anything in them, apart from the customcontentobjects file.

« Last Edit: 2006 October 18, 22:13:04 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 October 18, 22:13:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those are useless. Run the game in debug mode, and when you get an error, hit cancel, then reset, then attach the resulting "ObjectError" files. Those are the only files of any use, all else in the log directory are useless.

cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 October 18, 22:29:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

righto, here is one, gotten when the dog had a bath, and went out of the water.

And thank you for your patience, and for telling me how to do this, without putting me up against the wall and shooting me. (that you can do tomorrow, right now im playing Tongue )

[attachment deleted by admin]

MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 October 18, 22:47:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having a problem with nannies. Every house that had a nanny before the install has 3 nannies showing up now. When I try to call to cancel the schedule, I only have the option to "track schedule" or "just for now". Both result in another nanny being sent over. I was able to fire them, though. Bleh!! I was also pissed when I made a cute dog thinking I could move him in with one of my families and a message box appeared saying that there were too many sims on the lot. There was only 3 dammit, the dog would have made 4!

Pes, I'll be semi-patiently waiting for all my updates and critical fixes, thank ya.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 October 19, 03:22:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, my anti-blur cheat is still working fine.

What's too bad is that Pescado can't fix the damn installation problems. Seems it's not just GLS that it sometimes uninstalls when the installation goes haywire, it uninstalls whatever the last game was- except that it doesn't,  they just aren't playable with the Pets disk. Someone put their OFB disk in and played OFB fine.

And of course, sending sheep into their registries for a manual uninstall is just so FUN.  Roll Eyes

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
knitro
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 October 19, 03:39:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, i've found a couple more things.
1. trying to get my dog a job...just gives the job to the person? I don't get that..like tried to give my dog a service career, somehow my person got the job and is now a vermin collecter..not sure about that at all.
2. I have the bill fix in so that might be the issue here, but i had a sim move in from a wealthy household, she only came with 1 dollar, also, the maids and gardeners are ERALLY cheap, like $5 plus a dollar per hour....

K

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 October 19, 03:43:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bless you all for rushing out to buy, play, and report.

I may wait until the first patch is released before getting the EP.  Sort of reminds me of Microsoft.....

Heh -- yea, I'm off on vacation for a week or so starting Friday, so I'm going to wait until we're back to even consider getting Pets. I figure by then all the hack writers will have sorted it out. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
knitro
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 October 19, 04:00:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I went tot eh BBS, no one seems to have the jobs problem...maybe it is a hack conflict, any ideas?

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: