More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 19:21:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Pulled: Dizzy's Smart Serve 2g for OFB (will not be worked on)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pulled: Dizzy's Smart Serve 2g for OFB (will not be worked on)  (Read 22201 times)
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Pulled: Dizzy's Smart Serve 2g for OFB (will not be worked on)
« on: 2006 October 16, 22:45:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DOES NOT WORK RIGHT. GET THE ORIGINAL OR SKIP IT.

-----

Over the weekend I have been modifying dizzy2's smart serve 2g mod to finally make it OFB compatible: I really wanted to use it, but also wanted to use the bakery etc. options.
After some testing sunday and today I think I am ready for a limited release.
I /think/ it should work without errors now.

Credits for the original mod go of course to dizzy2 =p

From the original thread:
To make your sims serve only intelligent meals, this hack changes how "serve" works. It basically forces the sim to produce single/group meals when appropriate.

NEW: Allows sims to autonomously "Have" a meal if they only really need one meal. Otherwise, "Have" is not autonomous.

Fixed for Nightlife.

Children are not be able to autonomously serve meals.

Children can now prepare and cook multiple meals (they just won't actually serve them--sims have to grab a plate from the stack). :howdy: The animations look rather odd, but it seems to be functioning. Now supports the food processor and the toaster oven.

My modifications are limited to allowing the make/make many to work and other minor OFB changes, hopefully to allow bakeries to work.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 16, 07:14:29 by Jordi » Logged
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: Testers wanted, nay needed: Dizzy's Smart Serve 2g for OFB
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 17, 02:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No need to ask for permission from me. All my mods are PD which means you can use them however you want. It is considered polite to notify me that you are using it, but that's purely optional.  Grin

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 17, 05:44:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good to know dizzy and thanks Smiley

As for anyone testing this, I would especially like to know if bakeries now work as they should. I have already tested the simple serving bit (which still works, even for children), and the 'make many' on residential lots, but as I typically don't play businesses I had only limited time to test the bakery.
KevinTMC
Lipless Loser

Official THANG and Insular Person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 18, 21:20:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this version still NL-compatible?

Also, a link to any available documentation would be appreciated...and might head off a flood of questions from yutzes like me (like the one I just asked!).

I am a compulsive post-editor. Any and all of the above is subject to change, within the first 15 minutes or so after it is posted. (Or longer, if I'm trying to make it funny.)
LoveStainedHeart
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 18, 22:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using this mod with Pets and so far I haven't noticed any problems with it. I can use the "make many" option and my sim will slave away. "Serve Meal" seems to be working smartly too. I had two sims in the house and commanded one to "serve meal" and he made one sandwhich seeing as the other sim wasn't hungry.

I'll post back if I notice anything that isn't working.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 18, 22:49:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have found, in the past, that Smart Serve didn't work out very well for my home business lots. It's a great hack, and actually worked a little too well. I needed my business owner to grill food for her customers, but the hack didn't acknowledge the customers as being on the lot, so my sim could only grill one serving at a time. It got frustrating, so I removed the hack. I can see it being useful for other things, though.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 18, 23:44:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

notveryawesome: yeah, that's why I updated it. Or at least tried to.
Dizzy's version didn't support bakeries at all, mine should.

KevinTMC: I am making no compatibility statements :p
My latest installed pack is Glamour, so it is Glamour compatible, and therefore also FFSp2 and OFBp2. Everything else? Dunno.
If I can find dizzy's original thread somewhere I'll link to it. I didn't change his mod, I simply rolled the OFB changes back in to allow the new functions to work.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Pulled: Dizzy's Smart Serve 2g for OFB
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 19, 21:10:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does not work as intended (all made food goes to the inventory… argh).

I'll check the code later and maybe update. For now, anyone who already downloaded, get dizzy's original back instead.
Jabberdau
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 25, 19:04:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember this hack. It is great. I only had one minor complaint about it, and that is that if you want to invite someone over and make the food first, like when inviting the headmaster, it can be a bit difficult. I don´t know if an option to override the usual AI was implemented yet?
Aracelis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 27, 17:50:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm looking forward to see this new version of yours. I have all EP's and Dizzy's is not working anymore.
Riez Forester
Blathering Buffoon

I am a virgin ;).

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 December 10, 10:12:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jordi, does this works with Pets?

Please dont rips my lips for my bad english!
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 December 10, 10:57:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jordi, does this works with Pets?

did you even read the thread?

Does not work as intended (all made food goes to the inventory… argh).

I'll check the code later and maybe update. For now, anyone who already downloaded, get dizzy's original back instead.
KevinTMC: I am making no compatibility statements :p
My latest installed pack is Glamour, so it is Glamour compatible, and therefore also FFSp2 and OFBp2. Everything else? Dunno.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 December 13, 03:08:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless you need to stockpile food for a business then Dizzy's smart serve works just fine. I dont open those types of businesses and I still use smart serve without any incident because given the choice between running a food business and having smart serve? I choose smart serve.

The only EA pack I dont have is glamour - the rest of the packs and EPs I have with this installed.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 December 13, 09:36:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah, I wanted to get back to this at one point Cheesy

I still use the NL-smart serve myself. I think I may get some time off over christmas, so I might look into it then. I'm working on something else ATM though.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 December 13, 16:06:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My favorite part of this hack and the only reason I really care to see it updated (since extra food can now be stuffed into a sim's inventory and used later, just like leftovers in RL) is for the kids being able to cook for themselves.
Why EA thinks a kid can't make a bowl of cereal, a sandwich or other simple foods (especially in the modern world of MICROWAVES Roll Eyes) for themselves is beyond me.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 December 14, 00:45:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmmm I think the smartserve version I have allows children to 'serve' meals... smartserve2g, you have to direct them to do so but as far as I recall it was part of this particular flavor of smart serve. Either that or I have a mod I cant find that allows this...

Even so often times I find that sims will cook lobster when their hunger bar is 7/10s full, I let them cook it and then direct them to do something else and stuff the food in the inventory, or they will cook food for all who are hungry and one sim will leave to go to work or class or something and I stuff the food then also.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 December 14, 08:12:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smart serve does allow children to make meals. It also makes sure that enough plates are made to feed all hungry souls on the lot.
It does not check what meal to serve though. I actually like that, it adds a little bit of randomness to it.
aimlesscoyote
Asinine Airhead

Aimless and proud of it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 January 04, 10:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Jordi! Did you get a chance to work on the OFB Smart Serve yet? ;-)  *Good natured pestering!  I kid!*

Actually I'm posting to report something I didn't realize about Smart Serve before.  Apparently it contains code that conflicts with the "Don't walk away while cooking" mod.  (At least that's what the autoscan says.)  Has anyone else noticed this?  I wasn't aware Smart Serve kept my Simmies from burning down the house.  It's better than I thought! :LOL:

Feed a hungry coyote (me!) - Buy some gourmet gifts and tea! http://coyoteas.com

*10% goes to charitable causes! - 90% goes to me!*
.......Which come to think of it is kinda the same thing. :-/
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 January 04, 14:04:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have completely moved this to the end of my "todo" list, sorry.

I still use it in Pets, and I also have Squinge's "no walk away while cooking" mod, and they don't really seem to conflict (I have subfolders for mod creators, so \dizzy loads before \squinge. It might not work the other way around). Sims still cook group meals, and do not walk away while doing it.
The only thing which does not work for me "make many", but bakeries are broken anyway.
DarkPriestess
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 April 12, 12:16:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jordi, is there any chance of us persuading you (pretty please)to do a seasons update for this hack even if you can't get it OFB compatible?  My stupid sims won't feed their kids and they can't get food for themselves without this.
Thanks
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2007 April 12, 12:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it works perfectly fine with seasons. i don't know what all the bitching is about. I can do whatever the frack I want with this hack & have been able to since gls.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
DarkPriestess
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 April 12, 13:58:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't register the fresh food however.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2007 April 12, 15:31:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

poor you.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
DarkPriestess
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 April 12, 22:33:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I fail to see how one request can be classified as "bitching". 

poor you

Indeed.  Your sympathy is much appreciated.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 April 13, 02:54:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was going to use this mod but cant find it. can any one tell me i I am to use the one form mod the sim 2 which was created by dizzy2
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: