More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 22:21:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Building/Running a Sim Brothel
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Building/Running a Sim Brothel  (Read 38584 times)
Onion Girl
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Building/Running a Sim Brothel
« on: 2006 October 15, 16:10:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I'm wanting to start a Brothel in one of my neighbourhoods and am wondering about the best way to go about it. I currently have the Casual Romance hack and LizzLove's bed hack.

I'm thinking there's a few ways to go about this:

1. Build a brothel house on a residential lot, and have the Madame move in and make an amount of women I wish to work in the brothel and add them to the household. Make them have a Home Business, and have the actual Brothel downstairs, and the living area upstairs. I'm thinking this way is likely to work best, but I also have another idea. Tongue

2. Build a community lot Brothel and have the Madame purchase the lot. I'd hire the girls I wish to work for her and maybe make them selected when the Brothel is open so I can make sure they 'serve' the customers properly.

So I'm just wondering if others here have run Sim Brothels and what ways worked best for them. And, the making money part, should I place one of those OFB... money thingies (I don't know the correct term. Tongue) on the lot to make money?

If you like the smell of doung, and being shouted at by farmers, why not take a trip to the countryside?
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Building/Running a Sim Brothel
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 15, 16:36:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried working a brothel with those two mods, and for some reason the casual romance wasn't doing anything for me. Literally - the sims were doing nothing...no woohooing at all. LizzLove's bed was working quite well, although my prostitute sim kept falling in love with her customers - and if you've seen the Maxis townies, you'd know why I wouldn't want that. So after a while, I just kinda gave up my brothel.

Although if anyone knows how to selectively prevent falling in love while using both these mods, I'd much appreciate it.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 15, 16:43:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you're adventurous, you can use the DMA Sims Woohoo Sims to setup a brothel: http://valdea.com/.  Takes some fiddling to get working properly, and if you're going to use them it's really worth contributing something and getting a VIP membership to get the whole set.  But you can at least download the basic set and give it a try.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Onion Girl
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 15, 16:49:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, to make them *not* in love, you could use the Relationsip mods that come with the Insim, to get rid of love icons/flags on their relationship panels.

With the Casual Roamnce - I think the way you can make it work better is by adjusting the preferences you allow to sims to pay attention to, in other words, none of them. I'm not entirely sure though. I could also just use Shaklins love bed, they relationship never goes up, or at least, not very much.

I'm thinking I may go with the home business idea - that way I can make sure the prostitutes are on Birth Control so no pregnancies occur. And I won't have to bother selecting them all the time.

Jsalemi - that set looks quite interesting, though, it does look a little fiddly.

If you like the smell of doung, and being shouted at by farmers, why not take a trip to the countryside?
Meska
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 15, 17:07:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made a brothel a long time back. All my 'girls' were skin-job servos. No worries about pregnancy that way. Less needs to worry about as well.

"Ten percent of nothin' is, let me do the math here...nothin' and a nothin', carry the nothin'..."
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 15, 17:42:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ACR conflicts with LizzLove's bed. Take it out.

I have two very successful home business brothels (both level 10). One of them is Letty's Place, if you want to see how I put it together.

You don't need to have brothel workers live on the lot. They don't even have to be employees, actually. In fact, employees are more likely not to engage in romantic interactions (at least from my observation). In my brothels, there are a couple of sims living on the lot, and then there are people who are good friends with the lot owner who come by and spend some time. For instance, Addy lives with Letty, but she is almost always at the other brothel because she is in love with the owner.

With ACR installed, and tokens set up correctly on the hood, you can set the lot to brothel, which lowers everyone's timers. This means they will want to do it more frequently. Then all you need is an entry fee (the money thingie). You need an employee to sell the tickets if you set the price high, or you can leave it low, and not worry about getting anyone to have sales skills. I personally prefer a high fee because then you can dazzle people in, and sims you don't want on the lot will never want to pay that fee by themselves.

If you have "no playable shoppers" installed, you will need to invite your playables over, obviously. I find that playable sims who are specially invited tend to have more woo hoo. Townies are less likely to initiate it.

To make sure people have fun and stay long enough to get in the mood for woohoo, have food and coffee available, and plenty of bathrooms. Make sure there are some hot tubs, beds, couches, and a photobooth. Lots of snapdragons are also good. I would avoid really fun items like the bubble blower, because sims will just blow bubbles and ignore interactions from your brothel workers.

Onion Girl
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 15, 17:54:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, cheers for the advise, you're version souns interesting. It is pobably a good idea in general to maybe have a small café/coffee bar on the loot to keep the clients moods high enough.

(By the way, the inspiritation coeming from The Simpsons Burllesque house is quite cute. Perhaps I should find some particular outfits for the Brothel. Tongue)

sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 15, 17:55:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah you can run a whorehouse.

I have had a house of ill repute for two years now.

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/lot_detail.php?asset_id=5104&asset_type=lot&user_id=152626

Nightlife made it profitable with gifts for "dates".

Business just added a constant charge sstem.

Don't worry about sims gettign upset from being caught fucking around, their little emptions are trivial. Or get the hack that only lets jelousy if you are in the same room.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 15, 23:21:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For a while I ran a brothel as a home business with the electrono ticket machine (money thingie) in one of the townhouse lots in Downtown. The townhouses work perfectly for such an enterprise because the layout is so conducive to business downstairs, living upstairs. The ticket machine was placed outdoors, near a desk (with a phone on it) and a chair. This is where the Madame sat, so she could easily stand up and dazzle her customers, or call sims to come over who would then stay, while the brothel-workers stayed in the 'rec room' just off the garage, which had a bar and dj booth, along with several of Shaklin's lovebeds and a couple of bathtubs. In the garage was a poker table, and in the backyard a hot-tub. I didn't really mind that the visiting sims would woohoo on the lovebeds and then wander off to play poker or soak in the hot-tub, because as long as they stayed, the Madame made lots of money. The 4 brothel workers lived permanently on the lot, along with a servo and the madame, and would rotate as dj, bartender, etc. The ones not working as dj or bartender would dance and perform woohoo as needed. It worked really well, and the madame achieved her lifetime goal of reaching $100.000 before the business even reached level 7. Once you get them playing poker, they never want to leave!

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Onion Girl
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 16, 00:32:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've decided to do the Home Business option, it seems easiest to me. Tongue I've built a home specifically for the particularl purpose, with a living area upstairs, 'business' area downstairs. I included 2 WooHooing rooms, one with a Lap Dance chair and Shaklins love bed, and another with just a bed. I haven't tested anything as of yet, but I'm sure all will go welll.

Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 16, 06:43:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine is on a community lot.  Run by a pimp rather than a madame...so it isn't a traditional brothel.   but that doesn't matter.

The house has 2 floors and a basement.  The main floor has a kitchen, 2 bathrooms, an office, and there's two living areas that don't really have a pupose.  One's got one of Shanklin's love bed's in it, and the other a couch, bookshelf, and TV.

The upstairs is Sydney's (my pimp) private bedroom, where he can take his girls.  real nice and fancy, not like the rest of the place, which is run down and trashed.

These floors are locked to customers though.  The actual brothel is in the basement.  Customers can get to it by going down the stairs that lead from the deck outside of the kitchen.  At the top of the stairs is one of those pay teller things....can't remember what they're actually called.  The things that charge sims for the time they spend on lots. At the bottom of the stairs is the door that leads into the brothel.  The first room is a club area, with a bar, and a stage with stripper cages.  A dark hallway leads down to 3 rooms that have lizlove's beds in them.  I make my girls selectable, then assign one to each bed.  So they chill in there waiting for male customers .  Casual Romance ensures they do all the things hookers should do without my intervention. Main problem is the guy will hang out in the bed with the girl all day if I let em, and since they're only charged when they enter through the door of the room, it isn't padding Sydney's pockets any faster.  So usually I have to intervene, deleting the guy or making him seletable just so he'll go do something else. 

There were other problems I had to work around.  I mentioned having the door leading in the the brothel being male only.  Well, I had to get my girls down there somehow, so there's a small backroom with a ladder in it that leads up to the main floor.  the room is set to employes only, so this way my girls could get down into the brothel without worrying about the restrictions set to the customers.  I also have issues with which customers visit the lot.  I play realistically, and have sims from all walks of life.  which is the reason why I don't allow female customers.  Not all my female sims are lesbians, so I didn't want them becomming such for no good reason.  My hookers aren't lesbians either...so it doesn't work out that way.  Females still visit the lot and pay for a ticket....they just can't enter the club.  I usually delete them after they've payed  Grin  Then I have to worry about which male sims spend time there.  I don't want my respectable family loving, father of the year sims to go at it with a whore, and cheat on their wife which they happen to have a perfect relationship with.  that would only cause more problems for me  Sad  So these are kept from entereing...but I usually have to delete them the second they appear on the lot.  It's a hassel. 

Things don't work exactly as I like, and I'm not bringing in profits either....but the place is more for show and story purposes than an actual way of living.  I spent alot of time on it's design.  I don't have pictures now...I'll try to make some this week and show them. Cheesy
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 16, 09:21:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've run several successful brothels, I just usually gt bored watching sims woohoo. Cheesy

Here's a ready-made one if you want to give it a try.
http://laverwinklesims.com/index.php?topic=341.0

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 16, 09:56:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play realistically, and have sims from all walks of life.  which is the reason why I don't allow female customers.  Not all my female sims are lesbians, so I didn't want them becomming such for no good reason.  My hookers aren't lesbians either...so it doesn't work out that way.  Females still visit the lot and pay for a ticket....they just can't enter the club.  I usually delete them after they've payed  Grin  Then I have to worry about which male sims spend time there.  I don't want my respectable family loving, father of the year sims to go at it with a whore, and cheat on their wife which they happen to have a perfect relationship with.  that would only cause more problems for me  Sad  So these are kept from entereing...but I usually have to delete them the second they appear on the lot.  It's a hassel.
Methinks you need the Customer Selector. You can set exactly what sort of clientele should even show up. Which means you *CAN* set it up so that only the lesbians (and not the non-lesbians), sleazy romance sims, and other such show up (and not your married family sims!).

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 16, 13:59:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a couple of brothels but my most "successful" business was the crack house. It was in the "urban jungle" section of the city and was on CycloneSue's "BAAS Chemicals and Goods Yard" lot. Knocked up Lucy Burb and her pusher boyfriend moved into the lot when John Burb threw Lucy out. Lucy and her boyfriend supported their "bubble blower" habit by "entertaining" sims from the hood.

There were two container buildings - one had the bubble blower and Shaklin's love bed and this was where Lucy hung out - if she wasn't getting high on bubbles, she was servicing customers. In the other building, Lucy's boyfriend ran a small gambling hall with a poker table, pool table and bar. The building that they lived in had only the most essential items and was very run down.

Between Lucy's bubble blower and love bed and the boyfriend's gambling hall, they had a #10 business in no time - and several "loyal" customers. Cheesy
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 October 16, 14:31:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. Poor Lucy, lol. She's a lil dull, but she's one of the few attractive Maxis sims. I tend to use her for de-fugging purposes. Although some of the Maxis fug genes are freakishly dominant.
anyeone
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 October 18, 17:17:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In what way is the casual romance mod conflicting with LizzLove's bed?  I have been using both together for awhile now and hadn't noticed a problem.

My brothel has 3 LL beds set to autonomous on but pay attention to preferences and also a hot-tub for non-autonomous.  I had an employee once (a male to service the ladies) and he did indeed get it on with them autonomously.  The controlling sim is the primary lady-of-the-night though.

It was annoying to have to boot out married family sims though, I might try raising the prices and relying on dazzle as someone previously suggested.  The nice thing about autonomy though is a  lot of time the customers entertained each other and I still got paid for it.  Kinda like a hotel that rents rooms by the hour Smiley

I'm not megalomaniacal, I just play that way.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 October 18, 17:35:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could always make an old timey saloon. You could still get rooms to rest, a bar/entertainment area, and then also get some "company." =p

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Onion Girl
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 October 18, 21:11:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, indeed. Poor Lucy Burb. Gosh, the twisted things you can do with this game! Cheesy

Well, I started my brothel yesterday. It wasn't a bad start and they made quite a bit of money, though, I seem to be lacking in gaining customer loyalty stars. Though I am at level one on the business ranking. I'm planning on making it a 'family' business - mother runs it, her and daughter operate in seperate rooms.

I don't seem to have much trouble with getting a sale - the townies seem interested.with the 'services', and don't seem to mind paying for sex. Grin

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 October 18, 21:59:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Making money and getting stars can at times be oddly and illogically unconnected. Try chatting to your customers; inviting them into the hot tub works well.

Onion Girl
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 October 18, 22:21:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I do 'have' customer loyalty stars, and try to mingle with guests, so I suppose it takes time. And the Love Tub was recently introduced the a little secluded area in the garden. Tongue

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: