More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:19:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  The Bowels of Trogdor
| |-+  The Small Intestines of Trogdor
| | |-+  It's ... dizziness (1.1b)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: It's ... dizziness (1.1b)  (Read 23245 times)
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
It's ... dizziness (1.1b)
« on: 2006 October 14, 16:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's my latest project I'm hoping I can replace disaSim2 with. This is a python-glade-gtk program that will let you view package files.

Sorry but no searching or dumping searching is a little limited, but is now implemented. I still need to make some minor improvements in the speed of the package handling for that.

Contains a non-functional editor bar and some cosmetic improvements, but is otherwise the same as 1.0w.

EDIT (1.1b): Updated slightly for Bon Voyage. Fixed a few more bugs.

This is also a source-only distribution, but that shouldn't be a problem for you Awesome modders.  Wink

Feel free to criticize, make jokes, or modify to your heart's content. This program is PUBLIC DOMAIN.

Some time between 1.1 and 1.2, I plan to upgrade the requirements of dizziness to the following:

Python 2.5:  http://www.python.org/
GTK+ 2.10.6:  http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net/
PyGTK 2.10.3:  http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/pygtk/2.10/pygtk-2.10.3-1.win32-py2.5.exe
PyGObject 2.12.2:  http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/pygobject/2.12/pygobject-2.12.2-1.win32-py2.5.exe
PyCairo 1.2.2:  http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/pycairo/1.2/pycairo-1.2.2-2.win32-py2.5.exe

Feel free to upgrade before then.

* dizziness11b.zip (14.97 KB - downloaded 480 times.)
« Last Edit: 2007 September 11, 00:23:47 by dizzy » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: It's ... dizziness
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 14, 17:08:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is definitely more Bowels of Trogdor material than something for general Peasantry.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: It's ... dizziness (1.0c)
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 18, 04:58:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, this tool is fairly user-friendly at this point. It's still somewhat lacking in certain areas, but it isn't altogether technical. You don't need a CS degree to use it, anyway. Grin

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: It's ... dizziness (1.0c)
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 18, 05:31:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Disasims is pretty Bowels of Trogdor anyway. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: It's ... dizziness (1.0d)
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 19, 03:23:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Code:
###
# Group = 0x7F028F29, Instance = 0x106B
# Title = Pet - Get In T[0] - % Pet Population
#
# Format = 8009, Params = 0, Locals = 2
# Tree type = 0, Header flag = 0, Tree version = FFFF800B (-32757), Cache flags = 0

0: Stack Object := 0; true: 1, false: error
     1: Set to Next: person or pet (0x28); true: 3, false: 8
     2: Pet - Is Pet?(Stack Object); true: 4, false: 1
     3: Local 0 += 1; true: 2, false: error
     4: Local 1 += 1; true: 1, false: error
     5: Temp 0 := Local 1; true: 6, false: error
     6: Temp 0 *= 100 (0x64); true: 7, false: error
     7: Temp 0 /= Local 0; true: true, false: error
     8: Local 0 != 0; true: 5, false: false

So, I guess we're limited to 327 total pets?

twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 19, 06:32:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hahahaha. Stupid coders. They have an LUA already written to bypass that overflow problem.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 19, 08:11:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh. It's funny. Apparently their coding dept. doesn't seen to know their heads from their asses. Or what's the better expression? How the head doesn't know wtf the tail is doing or vice versa. They probably don't even have any documentation on the individual BHAVs or primitives and a standard way of coding things or list of BHAVs or primitives to use when doing something typical. Roll Eyes They're all like multiple heads running along with their own without consulting each other, with a mish mosh of copying and pasting existing code along with constantly reinventing the wheel. God, what a fraking mess. Tongue

Ste

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 19, 09:14:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently, they also weren't smart enough to realize VERY EARLY ON in the *TS1* design process that 16-bit numbers are very, very limited, and didn't even come up with a solution creative enough such as the old load high/low system. This stupid design move seems to have retained itself to this day, leaving TS2 mired in the 16-bit age when everything else is heading for 64-bit.

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 19, 09:38:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think one of their problems is their team keep changing.  As soon as an EP is out, they send most of them (well the actual coders anyway) off to work on another game, leaving only perhaps a small management core who don't know the details of all the calls.  Then when it's time to work on the next EP, the original coders are probably still busy on the other project so they have to get together a new team.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 19, 13:15:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's weird that they didn't use the Lua for that, but I guess it's no real problem. I think they're counting *instantiated* (i.e. on the lot) pets vs humans.

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: It's ... dizziness (1.0h)
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 25, 21:23:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the look+feel is starting to get there.  Cool

twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 25, 21:46:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, coming along quite nicely. Smiley
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 26, 09:47:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks easier to use than disasim, anyway.  One of these days I shall collect those windows needs together and try it out.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 26, 14:54:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is much more user friendly than disasim, at least once you get all the dependancies downloaded and installed.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 October 26, 22:06:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very nice. It is convenient to have the whole thing in a single window. I dunno you've already considered/included this in your plans... but is it possible to have it so that, when it displays the code, it has hyperlinks to other BHAVs, sort of like how using disaSim would create hyperlinks if you did an html dump. That would be very useful. I was searching for a BHAV using the name from an error log, and it couldn't quite find it... and yet, it was supposed to be in global, and the BHAV that was calling it was also a global. I did a quick scan with my own eyes and I didn't see it either. I could probably eventually find it if I was more thorough, but I'm lazy. Tongue

Anyhew, awesome work! Great! Thanks for this!

* syberspunk mashes the thanks button repeatedly. Grin

Ste

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 October 27, 00:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly, I haven't thought much about context-sensitive text, but now that you mention it, it makes a lot of sense.

* dizzy adds that to his todo

As for dependencies, dizziness will work with Ubuntu straight out-of-the-box (which was major plus for me). Cheesy It's only slightly annoying to get those working in Windows.

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: It's ... dizziness (1.0o)
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 14, 22:57:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now with Lua decoding goodness.  Grin

My decoder is a little easier to read than the SimPe's (and has fewer bugs).

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 November 15, 10:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you adapt it to make a simpe plugin?  I mean the lua decoder?

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 November 15, 12:43:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can I do it without having to handle any icky Microsoft developer software? It's already in Python, so it shouldn't be too hard to convert to whatever you're using already.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2006 November 15, 12:51:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I could get Peter to take a look at it.   We really need to get more people writing plugins though, as Peter's already up to his neck in ToDo lists I have written for him Smiley

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 November 15, 12:55:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe you ought to get away from SimPE. We could have DizzyPE instead. Something less awful than that horrid New SimPE interface, which every coder in the Sims community I've talked to seems to hate.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2006 November 15, 13:07:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Certainly for linux users and people who are confident to compile their tools from source, a DizzyPE would be a great asset.   We Quaxi-ists are trying to make stuff for the average user Cheesy

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 November 15, 13:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like SimPE's interface fine (even though it's not quite as nice as dizziness).

As for SimPE's Lua decoder, what it really needs is to make the comparison and calling opcodes more readable (i.e. "goto" rather than some lazy PC += x and a nicer expression for equality/less-than/greater-than).

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 November 15, 19:47:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Certainly for linux users and people who are confident to compile their tools from source, a DizzyPE would be a great asset.   We Quaxi-ists are trying to make stuff for the average user Cheesy
The problem is that the "average user" does not hack things at all. This produces an interface that is thus completely nonfunctional for hacking stuff.

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: It's ... dizziness (1.1b)
« Reply #24 on: 2007 September 11, 00:26:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not that anyone cares, but I just updated this for Bon Voyage (and fixed a couple of bugs).

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: