More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:32:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Customer Selector v2: Hobbsee STILL has a scrawny pencil neck!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Customer Selector v2: Hobbsee STILL has a scrawny pencil neck!  (Read 103268 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Customer Selector v2: Hobbsee STILL has a scrawny pencil neck!
« Reply #50 on: 2009 March 11, 05:24:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1) Gay female sims don't show up on lots with gay set at "and" and everything else at "not."  They do show up if gay is at "and" and everything else is at "or."

Your problem is that you're not understanding boolean logic. If you set a trait to AND, it means that all visitors MUST have this trait. Setting AND Gay, AND Female means that in addition to anything else, they must be gay/female. Setting something to NOT means that a visitor must NOT have that trait: NOT vampire, for instance, means No Vampires. So if you set AND Gay, AND Female, NOT vampires, you get gay, female, non-vampires. If you set "everything else" to "not", you have created a condition where the visitable set is the empty set. For instance, NOT male, NOT female means that your visitors must not be male, and must not be female. Since all sims are one or the other, there are no neutermales, you now have no visitors.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
larky
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 March 11, 09:19:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your problem is that you're not understanding boolean logic. If you set a trait to AND, it means that all visitors MUST have this trait. Setting AND Gay, AND Female means that in addition to anything else, they must be gay/female. Setting something to NOT means that a visitor must NOT have that trait: NOT vampire, for instance, means No Vampires. So if you set AND Gay, AND Female, NOT vampires, you get gay, female, non-vampires. If you set "everything else" to "not", you have created a condition where the visitable set is the empty set. For instance, NOT male, NOT female means that your visitors must not be male, and must not be female. Since all sims are one or the other, there are no neutermales, you now have no visitors.

I was unclear: "everything else" referred only to the other orientation options.  I definitely didn't go in and click "not" on every single option on every single submenu on all the lots I tested on.  What I meant was:

1) If the orientation options are set at "and-gay, not-het, not-bi, not-asexual," then only male gay sims show up, while changing it to "and-gay, or-het, or-bi, or-asexual" without touching any other menu allows female gay sims to show up too.  Just remembering to use "or" isn't a problem, but I don't think that's supposed to happen, it's not happening with other options, and I thought it might be related to the second bit.

2) If the orientation options are set at something like "or-gay, or-bi, not-asexual, not-heterosexual," then heterosexual females are showing up (although the male ones aren't), and the controller gives "Allowed: Code 0" when they are made selectable and visitability is checked.  They don't show up if one of the other orientations is on "and," so it can be dealt with by setting up more than one selector block, but that gets a little annoying if there are several other conditions, given that it shouldn't be happening.

I otherwise haven't had trouble getting the selector to work, although I haven't tried much beyond restrictions by age and playability.  It's just the orientation bit, afaict, that is acting strangely.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 March 21, 15:45:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try the new version, should be fixed now?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
larky
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 March 22, 05:00:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's working.  Thanks.
Cielito
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 March 25, 15:11:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Querido el presidente Pescado
Forgive my stupidity, I don't really get the timer system.
I want my club visited by gay sims at night (2100-0800) and by anyone during daytime(0900-2000).
I assigned two timers respectively to the selectors and set the times.
Now what should I do to make one timer the 'beginning' and the other the 'end'?  Huh
Thanks!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 March 25, 23:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Set the "Gay" timer to be activate at 21, set the "anyone" timer to activate at 09.

Gwenke
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 April 12, 20:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could the customer selector have a setting to spawn only sims who are not supposed to be elsewhere at the moment, like at work? Something like the logic in the phonehack? Would be a vast progress towards realistic businesses.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2009 May 08, 01:37:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just installed this, and I have noticed that adult playable sims and downtownies do not arrive in the assigned uniform.  Playable and downtownie teens and playable and unplayable YAs are all dressed appropriately.

Also, some questions:
1.  Does "Infested" mean "pregnant"?
2.  Why are werewolves banned by default?
3.  What business type should I use for art galleries full of sim-created paintings?  I have never had much luck with customers autonimously viewing easel paintings, and they ultimately spend all their time watching TV.  Tongue

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

BloodyKitty
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2013 November 15, 22:42:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, I'm not sure if this topic will be touched again even after this post but after downloading the mod I am experiencing issues with business lots. When I tested it on a premade family like the Ramirez in Bluewater Village it worked dandy.. but I think after going to the Tinker family and selecting that no downtownies, NPCS, or townies are allowed made the problem occur, but that's a hunch.

So after failing to get help on MTS, or tumblr I decided to come here for a try to see if I can be helped. While that's said I also tried deleting the mod out of frustration and the same error still came up which is:

An object error occurred in object "Controller - CLP - Community Lot - Populator" #364,
Error: Stack number out of range
The stack trace is saved in
"C:/Users/Kelly/Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Logs/ObjectError_N001_t424128.txt".

And I did try going to debug mode and resetting it but no luck. I wouldn't complain but the worse thing is now no sims will come to my business lot, so its practically useless to even work on the said lot. I also get an object error file in the logs part of the EA folders. so-- after posting this i'll try going in game and seeing if it does it, and if so I'll re-download the mod and reset it yet again to see..
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: