More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 19:38:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Customer Selector v2: Hobbsee STILL has a scrawny pencil neck!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Customer Selector v2: Hobbsee STILL has a scrawny pencil neck!  (Read 103890 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Customer Selector v2: Hobbsee STILL has a scrawny pencil neck!
« Reply #25 on: 2007 April 16, 05:21:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad you were able to find a solution, jsalemi!  Your theory makes a lot of sense. 
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 September 12, 01:04:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JMP,

This may be borked a bit in BV.  I sent my business owners to their business for the first time, and it's full of islanders and asians (haven't seen any lumberjacks yet). I saw options on it to ban the new vacation folks, and they all default to 'NOT', but they're still showing up.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 September 12, 01:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fixed now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2007 September 28, 07:44:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the latest version, and I still get the Islanders, Far Easters and the Mountaineers showing up back in the old village, where they have NO business at all to be. All 3 groups are set to NOT. I also have 2jeffs visitor controller, latest version, but it has no options to ban them, could there be some other conflict?
This will mean I will have to kill them all eventually, once this is fixed, because it is not meant to happen that Far Easters go visit my old medieval village, socializing and all. So annoying to see them show up at the old church for example..
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 September 28, 07:51:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't see any reason why this would still happen, and nobody else has reported this, so you are probably using an old version, possibly from your browser cache. Clear your cache and redownload again.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2007 September 29, 10:48:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The file (package) I have in my hacks/pescado directory is dated 9/13, 6.51 AM, so I do have the latest version, I believe. Doesn't seem to be any difference between owned community lots, the ones without owners, or home businesses - the damn foreigners Wink still come there.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 October 16, 20:28:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As posted in the Macrotastics thread...
Even if you don't wish to limit clientbase, the selector also lets you designate business PURPOSE, so sims show up with appropriate motives.

What are the precise effects of business purposes? I've always kind of wondered that.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 October 16, 20:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The precise effect of business purposes is that it sets the target's motives to be appropriate to the business: Rather than showing up starving, bored, and about to pee on your floor, they'll instead show up with only the motives that your business type is intended to satisfy depleted, so that they will actually do those things instead of whining about other things. Instead of showing up not-hungry at your restaurant, then loitering around instead of eating.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 October 16, 21:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pes, I'm loving the customer selector in general. Sims come in, buy their goods, and get the heck off the lot. Just added it to my collection a few days ago. I'm noticing an issue with the default stray-ban, though. I still have strays come on lot (albeit fewer than I remember before) and head straight for the indestructible flowers I have outside the art store. So far this is only happening with dogs. Using BRY to banish them works, but not until they are first shooed. Strays do not show up at all at my brothel and convenience store businesses, both of which are using the selector and both of which have no plant-type objects outside. The obvious solution is to remove the pretty, but I like the pretty.

Also, ever since adding this to business lots, it calls all employees in at once. This makes no fiscal sense. My level 7-10 businesses typically have the owner doing sales/restocking, a dedicated restocker, a gold level cashier, and a bronze/silver level cashier. For the first half of the day, I'm fine without the second lesser cashier, so I don't want to pay them to stand there like an idiot.

If you want it kept that way, great. Can you point me to the relevant line in the BHAV? I'm just getting used to messing with the lovely twisted code they use.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 October 16, 21:45:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ensummonation of employees is not part of the Customer Selector or the BRY, although you can summon or dismiss them individually from the Hammer and Sickle. If your employees are all appearing, either you called them all in, or they're present because all employees are present when you visit as a different fambly. None of this is produced by Awesomeware. As for strays, strays are not summoned by the customer selector: they must be materializing through a different controller run by Maxis, and are not counted as customers at all. None of those issues relate to Awesomeware.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 October 16, 21:59:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zazau -- do you use Inge's business hours controller sign?  I noticed after installing BV that it reset, so it was calling in employees as soon as the business opened.  I had to have the owner redo all the settings back to what they were.

Pes, doesn't the customer selector have a ban/allow pets settings?  I thought that kept strays away, because I never see them on my lots unless I change the default (which is to ban them, I believe).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 October 16, 22:38:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The pets allow/ban determines whether or not owners are allowed to bring their animals. No part of the customer selector loop actually conjures animals indepedently, they must be appearing from the Maxian stray-animal launcher.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 October 17, 05:55:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The pets allow/ban determines whether or not owners are allowed to bring their animals. No part of the customer selector loop actually conjures animals indepedently, they must be appearing from the Maxian stray-animal launcher.
Huh. Weird. Since BV lets you pick who goes to a lot, that didn't even dawn on me - I never bring the pets along, just the family members who work there. Scary how quickly we forget what wasn't included in previous expansions. I thought the automatic ban on pets was on all pets, and was just about to edit my post to say that a cat showed up at the convenience store to play with a tourist.

The only Inge hacks I have are the custom school related ones, bottomless bottle, and the new sign that makes everyone switch into swimwear for the public beach. None of those objects are on any of my community lot businesses. They only have awesome hack objects. Again, it didn't happen at the convenience store, so I suppose it's possible that I misclicked. But three times in a row? All employees were playables, which is unique to that biz...it's Edmund, his sister and brother, and my fake hubby. All live on different lots. This was while I was visiting as the owner (the only lot I visit as a customer is the convenience store for groceries...everyone's either poor or saving up to give their kids nest eggs). I'm laying off the two townie workers at the convenience store tomorrow night and will see if it repeats with just the playables being employees. If it does, I guess it's 50/50 time.

*puts on her best impression of Gwilly people* Could the ability to ban strays be added to the customer selector? I used to use TJ's Visitor Controller for this, but the Customer Selector does 90% of what it does, and has the added nicety of keeping customers from milling around goosing each other and playing on their handhelds (cute at the beach, but not at the stores where I want them to give me money NOW, Edmund needs the dough to hire a new whore for the brothel).

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 October 17, 06:52:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The customer controller does not summon strays, so if strays are being summoned, they are not being summoned by anything Awesome. It is either non-Awesome, or Maxis, which has nothing to do with the Customer Selector, so the customer selector cannot reject them since the customer selector isn't the one spawning them.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 October 17, 14:27:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The customer controller does not summon strays, so if strays are being summoned, they are not being summoned by anything Awesome. It is either non-Awesome, or Maxis, which has nothing to do with the Customer Selector, so the customer selector cannot reject them since the customer selector isn't the one spawning them.
Ah. I see. Customer Selector = selective spawner. Customer Selector =/= gatekeeper.

The stray summoning is definitely Maxis, as it happened well before I ever had a single hack. Apparently Maxis thinks that it's quite commonplace to have random dogs come off the street and play with people in restaurants.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 November 07, 16:41:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I am new to the residential lot business scam, and I was wondering about the selector. I have been fooling with the "business type" setting and I can't figure out what the best setting is. Do the settings make a particular feature of the lot more attactive?

I have a "nightclub" type place with a ticket machine. They serve plates of food all day, coffee during the day, and there is an open bar at night. There is also a stage with musicians, sometimes. Should I leave the setting on general, or would it make any sense to change it throughout the day?

ETA: Excellent! Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2007 November 07, 21:42:19 by Assmitten » Logged

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 November 07, 18:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

General means that the motives of incoming sims are not adjusted from the Maxis settings. More specific settings cater the settings of incoming sims to favor the motives that would be addressed by that business. For instance, setting it to "Restaurant" will make sure everyone arrives hungry...because this is a restaurant and there would be no point to visiting at all, otherwise. They similarly will not show up looking for things that your business is NOT intended to provide, so they don't show up and complain about the lack of fun or pee on your floor.

AnnaM
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 April 09, 10:24:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I guess necromancy is ok if it's for a legit question in a mod thread?

...anyway. Curious about the new "Hobby" options. I assume Have = only sims with some enthusiasm in the hobby will turn up, and Don't Have = only sims without? Or does it refer to the One True Hobby?

...and why only 2 options? What if I don't care if they have or don't have a certain interest?

...or am I completely off the mark?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 April 09, 11:39:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That option is still under destruction. It was updated recently, so you may want to grab the latest. As for how it works, currently, setting any "Have" option means your lot is a hobby-based lot, and only sims that "Have" a hobby, defined by either it being their OTH, or they have a hobby membership to it, will show up to the lot. If you set multiple "Haves", they function as an OR, so if you set "Games" and "Fitness" to "have", a sim that has games OR fitness will be valid, and sims that have neither will not be. There is no "Not" version because it makes no logical sense to exclude a sim for having a hobby, merely for not having it.

AnnaM
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 April 10, 23:17:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah-ha! Thanks for the explanation, much clearer now.

I've also installed the newest version now (dated 9 Apr). It's still got the two option "Have" and "Have not" for each hobby. Since it's under destruction, maybe you could consider changing the label "Have not" to something less confusing, like "Irrelevant". Or maybe you just enjoy confusing the peasants, which is of course your prerogative  Grin
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 May 16, 15:42:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pes, I grabed your lates version April 27, 08 and replaced the last version, now the game speed is repeatedly set back to 1 when I set it to either 2 or 3. With the customerselector on lot (it is a home business), it does the setting back. Delete it from the lot and the game speed is all fine.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 May 17, 09:01:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't reproduce issue, and it seems very unrelated since the Selector does not do anything with game speeds.

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 May 17, 15:08:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I restarted the game, and the problem disappeared.  Grin It's all well now. Thanks.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 July 31, 00:14:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please someone explain what I am doing wrong...I keep having vacation townies show up on my lots everytime I put a selecter down. Whether I leave the settings on default or change them, they keep coming. Huh
larky
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 March 11, 03:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The orientation options aren't working for me.

1) Gay female sims don't show up on lots with gay set at "and" and everything else at "not."  They do show up if gay is at "and" and everything else is at "or."

2) Heterosexual females show up if het is set at "not" and no other orientation is set at "and."  Testing visitability gives an "allowed."

I've got all EPs except Pets and AL, all patched, running from a no-cd.  This behavior persists in a new neighborhood in a newly-generated folder with only the three relevant hacks re-added.  I have the 2/25 version of the CS.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: