More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 22:55:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  can't chat on phone bug
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: can't chat on phone bug  (Read 5875 times)
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
can't chat on phone bug
« on: 2005 July 19, 05:34:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I've seen other people with this bug, but I have yet to come across a fix for it.  (tried phonehack, don't think it was for this particular problem anyway but I did try). 

Anyway, my sim goes to call someone to chat, or answer the phone, and then they just stand there.  Social doesn't go up, relationship doesn't go up.  They just stand there infinitely with the phone to their ear until I tell them to hang up or cancel the action.

1. Have  you heard of this problem?  and
2. Is there a fix for it anywhere?   or
3. Can you make one? Smiley

Liss

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: can't chat on phone bug
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 19, 05:44:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. No, can't say I've ever seen anything quite like that. Who are you calling to chat with? If it's not the Headmaster, I've never seen this happen.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 19, 14:29:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Calling anybody.  I can call and invite people over, call transportation, college, everything else, but if someone calls my sim or if my sim calls someone to chat, the sim just stands there. Indefinitely.  It didn't irritate me so much before, but now all of a sudden my sims are getting all these wants "call ___ to chat."  But obviously this is a major bug.  It has come back every time I reinstalled too, which I have done several times just to reset the default neighborhoods lol...so I know it isn't a download or anything.

SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 20, 15:41:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happened to that internationally famous reprobate, Gregsim.  After weeks of trying things (moving to a new lot, reverting to young adult and going through college, switching hacks in and out of the game, clearing out his memory clutter), I finally found the solution:

In SimPE, I deleted all relationships with "Unkown" sims.  Then, still in SimPe, I deleted all his memories related to "Unknown" sims.

And finally Gregsim was able to use the telephone to call all his kids.

My theory: It happens because just before the sim uses the telephone, the game sorts through all the sim's relationships to see who he can call.
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 20, 20:26:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think that's the problem...it's not just with certain sims, it's with *all* of them.  And I tried a clean install a couple times with brand new characters and it still happens.  *sigh* I hate this bug.

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 20, 20:42:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You said you have the phone hack installed.  Is it the pre-Uni version or the Uni-only version?  And do you have University installed or not?  You will get these symptoms if you use the old (pre-Uni) version of the phone hack with University.

Hope this helps.
Karen
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 20, 22:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WOO freakin HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much!!!!!!!! That fixed it.

I didn't know I had that particular hack when I installed Uni, I must have downloaded it with a house or something.  And then when I went to install the new phonehack.package I thought it was a different file with the same name.  Thought it was a toooootally different hack.  Thanks muchly!

Liss

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 03, 19:45:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. No, can't say I've ever seen anything quite like that. Who are you calling to chat with? If it's not the Headmaster, I've never seen this happen.

At the risk of hearing (reading, rather) "Necromancy is bad, m'kay?" I have to revive this thread to ask about the Headmaster. When I have a sim "call friends", the headmaster is on the list. I get the dialog about fixing him dinner, etc, he shows up, I get a dialog box that says "stupid string!" (Huh), then I am told that the headmaster is not impressed blah blah blah. The kids are already in private school, but never mind. The problem is my sim being stuck on the phone, frozen, from that point on. Is this something that has a fix, yet?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 04, 00:22:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have the Phone Hack, right? The Phone Hack should have stopped the headmaster from flipping out like that when called.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 04, 16:31:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I do have the phone hack installed, but I just checked and it's not the most recent one. It's the one before that. Oops! I'll get back to you on that one... 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: