More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:42:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Maternity wear... argh!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maternity wear... argh!  (Read 17365 times)
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
Maternity wear... argh!
« on: 2006 October 13, 03:07:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know where I can get a mod that simply allows my sims to use "plan outfit" with maternity wear?  I have squinge's mod that allows your pregnant sims to wear everything, but it also adds problems by insisting on making my sims dress in their everyday outfit instead, whether or not that outfit works for pregnancy or not, and also insists on making them wear their regular pajamas and such whether or not they work with pregnancy.  I'm tired of having to make my pregnant sims either constantly change back into maternity or set their maternity clothes as everyday just so they'll use them.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Maternity wear... argh!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 13, 05:37:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The kitten killer has a plan maternity option but that doesn't work very well because all you get to chose from is the Maxis maternity clothes or the two teen custom maternity outfits. It also seems to be broken because the option to plan maternity shows up for all age groups and sexes. It also doesn't add an change to maternity with Squinges hack, so its pretty useless if you have it.

Its really not that hard to set the maternity to everyday when a sim gets pregnant then back, is it?

Or I could be totally wrong...
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 13, 05:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When my female is pregnant, I put wardrobes  near each place she may change clothes, especially at the front of the house and near the swimming pool.
Thus, when the kids come from school, they can immediately change outfits to normal, and so the husband. When she wants to swim, she needs a wardrobe near the swimming pool.
Very comfortable; after the birth I take them off.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 13, 06:39:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It also doesn't add an change to maternity with Squinges hack, so its pretty useless if you have it.
Strange, I've got that option.  Perhaps because I have a squinge mod that allows the purchase of maternity wear on community lots?  I've got a lot of custom maternity wear to use with it.

Its really not that hard to set the maternity to everyday when a sim gets pregnant then back, is it?
It's not the difficulty that's the problem, it's the annoyingness.  I don't like wasting my Sims money on an object that provides only the cosmetic change of changing clothes, and I normally don't buy them unless a fortune sim wants them.  I suppose what the most annoying part is that it seems like such a simple thing to make (I'm not a coder, so I wouldn't know), and yet I've searched all over the place for one, can't find it, and every time I play my game I see the need for it.  I'd make it myself if I didn't know more about curing cancer than I do about making mods.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 13, 13:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh well, I'm pretty sure that you can use the wardrobe tester from the boolprop gimmick to plan maternity.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 13, 13:23:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm...I think I remember a rumor about Tom's Clothing Tester screwing up your game...?

ETA: Yup...a quick search came up with this and this.
« Last Edit: 2006 October 13, 13:35:17 by DrBeast » Logged

Let the Beast inside you free!
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 13, 14:15:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think your best bet is to just have the sim who's going to be pregnant wear a custom outfit that shows the pregnancy belly. I don't really understand the issue of not wanting to waste your sims' money on a dresser, especially when the lockers are pretty cheap and you can just delete them after using them once. 
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 13, 14:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Judie of All About Style has some lovely maternity clothes. I have found much to my happy surprise that many of her regular clothes work as maternity clothes also. http://www.all-about-style.com/index.html

Also forgot to mention- Morague unlocked the Maxis maternity clothes so that they can be seen and worn as everyday clothes. Problem is Variousimmers appears to be still broken.  Undecided Does anyone know if Morague's stuff is or will be hosted anywhere else? Besides the maternity clothes she also unlocked some other nice things, such as Beau's hair and two types of glasses (black & tortiseshell wire rimmed).
« Last Edit: 2006 October 13, 14:46:17 by cabelle » Logged
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 13, 14:47:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not the difficulty that's the problem, it's the annoyingness.  I don't like wasting my Sims money on an object that provides only the cosmetic change of changing clothes, and I normally don't buy them unless a fortune sim wants them. 

How about just dressing your sim in clothes that show the baby bump in the first place? As previously stated, lockers are cheap, and clothes aren't that expensive, unless you think your sims may be lawn living for a while, where my first piece of advice could come in useful.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 13, 15:12:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm...I think I remember a rumor about Tom's Clothing Tester screwing up your game...?

ETA: Yup...a quick search came up with this and this.

Whoo, I didn't know that. Good to know. Is there anything wrong with using the shift-click 'plan outfit'?

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 13, 16:41:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Normally, if the pregnant mesh came with the pregnant cc clothes, you should be able to plan that outfit with Squinge mod.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 14, 06:09:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I'm currently using Squinge's mod, I can have my sims plan their maternity outfits.  However, the mod also insists on having them wear their everyday outfit instead whenever they change out of something (like after a shower), as well as all of their other clothing like pajamas and such.  All of my best custom content doesn't show pregnancy (though the ones that do are way better than the Maxis defaults).  I seem to have three miserable options:  1. I can choose not to use Squinge's mod and end up being unable to use my custom maternity clothing at all and suffer with the Maxis default.  2. I can use Squinge's mod and scatter dressers all over the place so that my Sim doesn't walk around without her belly for very long, either using the ugly lockers or shelling out cash for something that's not an eyesore outside of a gym.  3. I can use Squinge's mod and go through the time consuming process of planning all of her outfits every time she gets pregnant or has a baby so that her belly will show while she's pregnant and she can wear nice stuff when she's not pregnant, and absorb the time and money losses from buying all those outfits.

Since #1 is unacceptable to me I've been trying #3 because it's much less annoying than #2, but even so it makes me want to ram my head into the wall because it is so tedious and the solution is so obvious.  I'd seriously pay someone to make it for me, if I wasn't already trying to figure out how I'm going to make it through Christmas with only $15.  Perhaps if I could come up with an exchange in regards to my skills of an artist...

Thinking of money, the families I'm having the biggest headaches with are supposed to be poor.  You can't have rich peasants, can you?  They're not supposed to be able to afford several changes of clothing or even one dresser.  Heck, one of the families just barely managed to save up enough money to buy a shower are are delighted to be able to clean themselves without primping or having one of their relatives groom them.  I can't start buying them dressers to put everywhere or stacks of clothing - they'd starve!

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 14, 11:11:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also just download a good set of maternity replacement outfits.
That's what I use.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 14, 15:01:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got any good links? I usually just suffer through the ugo maternity clothes.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 October 14, 16:13:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I figure nothing can make being a bloated waddly whale look good anyway, despite what some people think.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 October 14, 16:26:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very true. Which probably why I never bothered with the whole "everyday as maternity" thing.

Only one I buggered with was the Padme preggo outfit a long time ago.

Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 October 15, 03:02:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The neighborhood I use this for is a psuedo-medieval neighborhood.  The everyday clothing for women are dresses, many made by using the dress meshes that came with the game.  Most of the Maxis-made dress meshes show pregnancy so that pregnant women can use their normal formal wear, and thus many of my custom medieval clothing shows pregnancy as well, whether the creator intended it to or not.  And, since I don't download crap into my game (usually), I've got a lot of niceish clothing for my women to wear while they are expecting.  It's easy enough to set them as maternity wear using SimPE, and the only real difficulty is actually using them for that in the game.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 October 15, 06:01:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put up a file a while back that makes all Maxis Maternity clothes show up as buyable for everyday and thus you can plan your outfit with them if you have Squnige's hack or even wear them when a sim isn't preganant. The guy ones you can probably get away with at least for a non pregnant sim.

The thread is here. It's the last file attached to the first post.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 October 15, 18:53:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The neighborhood I use this for is a psuedo-medieval neighborhood.  The everyday clothing for women are dresses, many made by using the dress meshes that came with the game.  Most of the Maxis-made dress meshes show pregnancy so that pregnant women can use their normal formal wear, and thus many of my custom medieval clothing shows pregnancy as well, whether the creator intended it to or not.  And, since I don't download crap into my game (usually), I've got a lot of niceish clothing for my women to wear while they are expecting.  It's easy enough to set them as maternity wear using SimPE, and the only real difficulty is actually using them for that in the game.

There are medieval default maternity replacements on MTS2, which I use for a medieval/fantasy neighbourhood. The files are huge, though, so I remove them when not playing that particular NH. Just do a search on MTS2 for 'tommytiger' and you'll find the correct thread.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Foxybaby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 October 17, 23:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Squinges mod, and i find that the majority of my Custom Clothing (all types everyday/Pj's etc) works as maternity wear. Also there are huge amounts of "maternity wear" for download these days that are quite decent looking. I'm not quite sure I'm understanding what you're getting at, the only issue I have with the mod is when she "bumps" and sometimes it reverts to the scabby maxis maternity wear.
shanpooter
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 October 18, 00:58:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also just download a good set of maternity replacement outfits.
That's what I use.

Got any good links? I usually just suffer through the ugo maternity clothes.

I also would love to find decent maternity replacements.  I have searched MTS2 and other sites, but while I can find a ton of maternity clothing to use with squinge's mod, I can't find any defaults.  Which do you use Gwill? 
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 October 18, 03:11:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are medieval default maternity replacements on MTS2, which I use for a medieval/fantasy neighbourhood. The files are huge, though, so I remove them when not playing that particular NH. Just do a search on MTS2 for 'tommytiger' and you'll find the correct thread.
Yeah, I've seen that.  The trouble is that I also have regular neighborhoods where all the sims would look silly dressed medieval style while they're pregnant.  What's more, some of my maternity clothing are suitable for the poor peasants and such, while others are clearly too fine to be worn by anyone but nobility.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 October 18, 12:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also would love to find decent maternity replacements.  I have searched MTS2 and other sites, but while I can find a ton of maternity clothing to use with squinge's mod, I can't find any defaults.  Which do you use Gwill? 

I was hoping no one was going to ask...
I did ues the medieval set from MTS2 for a while, and I was quite happy with that.  I don't think those clothes look out of place in a modern neigbourhood (not more than the hidious normal maternity outfits anyway) and as for class they're also pretty neutral.
Currently I'm using a set I made myself.  I've stolen someone else's mesh and just done some quick recolours to have one replacement for each original.  My problem is that my sims are almost never pregnant, so I haven't had a chance to test it properly.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
shanpooter
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 October 18, 22:27:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are there any really detailed instructions somewhere on how to make my own replacements? 

[ I don't think those clothes look out of place in a modern neigbourhood (not more than the hidious normal maternity outfits anyway)

You are absolutely correct about that.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 October 18, 23:24:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are there any really detailed instructions somewhere on how to make my own replacements? 

[ I don't think those clothes look out of place in a modern neigbourhood (not more than the hidious normal maternity outfits anyway)

You are absolutely correct about that.

heres some replacements by XPTL297 that you can customize

for females
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=4792

for males
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=6362
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: