More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 04:41:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Another, I can't find ... thread.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Another, I can't find ... thread.  (Read 6208 times)
LadyCrimsonSkye
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Another, I can't find ... thread.
« on: 2006 October 12, 15:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As you can see, I am a noob, but I honestly have been trying to find the answer to my question before resorting to actually coming out and asking in a new thread.

I am unable to locate the buy sims clothing, from home...  Item?  Hack?  Object?  I've tried doing a search, but you all seem to talk about clothing and buying a LOT here at MATY.  Imagine that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: Another, I can't find ... thread.
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 12, 15:46:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you download Monique's Computer here http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=64137 there is the option for your Sims to buy clothing from the comfort of their own homes.

Hope that helps  Smiley
DoomPuppy
Blathering Buffoon

.::devil's little sister::.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 12, 15:49:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or the awesomely, awesome Clothing Tool found here-- http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/ofb/hacks/  Cheesy

"Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 12, 16:18:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the wintermuteai hack that I got on MTS2 a long, long time ago. Clothes are $94 a piece. Used to be $1 pre-EPs. Plus a "test outfit" tool that comes in handy for quick choosing.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=16786

Still works, and beats all the new ones that have come out, so I'm going to keep using it until it breaks, which is hopefully never. Tongue Dresser itself is a lil expensive though, but it's easy to edit down for the sake of poor sims in need of clothing.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 12, 20:33:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As you can see, I am a noob, but I honestly have been trying to find the answer to my question before resorting to actually coming out and asking in a new thread.

From one noob to another, there is a thread in the Armory called Hack Descriptions, I think, which I refer to from time to time when I need a hint as to what MATY-landers are talking about.  It's not quite up to date, complete nor comprehensive for the more complex hacks, in spite of its length(!) but it's a good thread to search first when you need a place to start.

By the bye, to all you senators out there, I find the state of the manuals as dismal as the hacks are awesome.  However, as salve to my criticism, I offer my services (such as they are, as I am a noob) in whatever work is on the slate to better the situation.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 12, 21:31:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once I went through the director's cut and searched for every hack using the search function. That made me tired, but I knew what was in my game. There should really be a wiki for this place, seriously.

On topic, does anyone know if any of these hacks satisfy the "buy new clothes" want? I have the little pile of shirts (clothing tool from here?) and it doesn't.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
PattyB
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 12, 21:37:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once I went through the director's cut and searched for every hack using the search function. That made me tired, but I knew what was in my game. There should really be a wiki for this place, seriously.

On topic, does anyone know if any of these hacks satisfy the "buy new clothes" want? I have the little pile of shirts (clothing tool from here?) and it doesn't.

I use Monique's computer and it does satify the "Buy Clothes" want.

Not at all awesome
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 12, 21:40:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sweet! Thanks.  Wink

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 12, 22:14:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The clothing tool does not satisfy the buy new clothes want, sadly.
LadyCrimsonSkye
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 12, 23:27:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was really looking for the pile of clothes tool...  Something I did wreaked havoc in my game, all my default skins now show up funky colored, or white with colored numbers in patches.  I am still trying to fix it, but it is taking time.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 12, 23:33:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the bye, to all you senators out there, I find the state of the manuals as dismal as the hacks are awesome.  However, as salve to my criticism, I offer my services (such as they are, as I am a noob) in whatever work is on the slate to better the situation.

The Senators have nothing to do with the hack descriptions - JM writes them himself (except for like maybe 3 that I wrote).
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 13, 09:30:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The clothing tool does not satisfy the buy new clothes want, sadly.
If you really want to satisfy the Buy new Clothes want, just CRTL-Click it. Be warned that satisfying wants can lead to other wants, which may not necessarily be to your taste! Sort of like how in the stock game, satisfying that seemingly harmless "Talk To" want always leads to an obnoxious "Flirt With" obsession.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 13, 19:34:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Senators have nothing to do with the hack descriptions - JM writes them himself (except for like maybe 3 that I wrote).

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of that old thread in the Armory, rather than the rtfm's which come packaged with the hacks themselves.  You don't think I'd volunteer to write the rtfm's, do you?! Shocked  That clearly has the mark of the JiMP.  It would be great if the hack descriptions were just up to date.  Maybe it could be even more useful to noobs if it had a link from the FAQ? Smiley
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 13, 19:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The lastest version of the insimenator 2.4b comes with a "buy clothes at comfort of your house" option too.

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?p=5941#post5941
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 October 13, 20:25:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of that old thread in the Armory, rather than the rtfm's which come packaged with the hacks themselves.  You don't think I'd volunteer to write the rtfm's, do you?! Shocked  That clearly has the mark of the JiMP.  It would be great if the hack descriptions were just up to date.  Maybe it could be even more useful to noobs if it had a link from the FAQ? Smiley

This place is pretty much sink or swim, I think. Or if you prefer, like these hacks or lump them. I am not directing that to you, I'm just sharing an observation.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 October 13, 20:30:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We're not sink-or-swim. That implies that there's a choice. No, over here, if you try to swim, we try to sink you. With guided torpedoes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
LadyCrimsonSkye
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 October 13, 20:34:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I prefer the hacks from here.  They work the way they state they work, and I don't have to worry about them effecting something other than what they are expected to.  I am not interested in a huge thing that changes multiple levels of play, I just was wondering if there was an easier way to get new clothes for my sims that didn't involve a trip to a community lot.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 October 13, 20:35:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just was wondering if there was an easier way to get new clothes for my sims that didn't involve a trip to a community lot.
The Clothing Tool is the simplest and most direct way to replan a sim's entire wardrobe at once.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: