More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 05:01:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  A few nice features....
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A few nice features....  (Read 28047 times)
HelloKit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
Re: A few nice features....
« Reply #50 on: 2005 September 20, 00:52:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also noticed that the game doesn't seem to remember who has electronic stuff.  Most of my Sims are asking to buy them when they already have them.

Yep, I've noticed this too.

The calling to a meal works fine in my game.  I like that addition, too.  It will save me loads of messing about making visitors selectable so I can get them off the musical instruments and to the table before they drop dead of starvation.

I like it too. Although, before NL I always used Call Over to get visitors off the musical instruments and into the kitchen/dining area... that always worked just fine for me. Of course, it still takes the visitor a little bit to decide to eat once they're there, and if they're really not hungry they might wander off and do something else, so being able to call them directly to the meal is nice. It's slightly inconvenient though, that in order to use that feature, you have to cancel the serving action out of the cooking sim's queue before they grab their own plate and sit down to eat. Might be one for the patch: make it so a sim serving food doesn't grab their own plate and start eating, or have them put a plate for themselves on the table with the rest, and not eat until directed to.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 September 20, 13:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It makes a bit of sense now to have Sims want to buy electronics more than once, since you can now remove them from the inventory so another Sim can pick them up.
I now let one Sim buy the stuff for the entire family.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 September 20, 13:31:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It makes a bit of sense now to have Sims want to buy electronics more than once, since you can now remove them from the inventory so another Sim can pick them up.
I now let one Sim buy the stuff for the entire family.

I tried that, but it didn't work for me.  I took a cell phone out of my Sim's inventory and it sat on the ground, useless.  No other Sim was able to drag it into their inventory.

I usually buy electronic gadgets at home, using twojeffs' hacked money tree, rather than in the community lots or downtown.  Maybe that has something to do with it?

Karen
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 September 20, 13:32:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember reading somewhere that people thought they'd be able to put them into their DVD players and play the game that way...  Idiot masses...

LMAO!!

HHHHHHEEEEeeee111111PPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!11111111oneoneoneoneone

mY sIz d0nT pLa iN dA dVd!!!!!!!!!11111111oneoneoneoneoneon

oH N tHY r sPeEk1Ng fReNcH 0r s0MtH1n

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 September 20, 13:35:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried that, but it didn't work for me.  I took a cell phone out of my Sim's inventory and it sat on the ground, useless.  No other Sim was able to drag it into their inventory.

They can't put it in their inventory directly for some reason, but they can click on it and use it to call someone if you place it on the ground (for some strange reason, they can't when you put it on a table though, it must be a floor or ground outside :p) after they have finished the call they will pocket it and it will be in their inventory.

I kind of assumed that once their are enough cell phones to cover everyone in the household who is able to use one that those wants would stop, but as I got rid of all my cells and only buy the wall phone to make a call then immediately sell it back (no phonehack Sad ) I haven't been able to confirm this.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Chanco
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 September 20, 15:15:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think sims are obsesses with cell phones in Nightlife.
I was playing in a Greek house the other day, I had a new member move in, and every time she comes back from class or final she wants to buy a cell phone and she already has 4 in her inventory. I tried selling them and getting new ones, that works as far of getting her wants taking care of, but as soon as she leave the lot, when she come back to the lot she rolls the want to buy cell phone. This want doesn't go away either it stay there until I buy her a new one over and over again. I tried taking them out and placing the phones on tables and she would pick one up to use it and then pocket it, but the wants for cell phones still rolls up. I had her buy at least 8 cell phones and still the want comes up. Everyone else on the lot has a cell phone, so no one else needs one.
This is very annoying feature if was purposely programmed into the game!

I may be a bitch, but I'm the pick of the litter.
wyrdwing
Blathering Buffoon

Too lazy to be social

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 September 20, 15:51:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that plumbobs look more... shiney. Shocked
Is it me or are sims more expressive at the dinner table now? They seem to chat more and their faces look more emotional Huh

I kind of miss the silly little dancing they used to do to the stereo, I wish they made the dancing downtown separate to the dancing with the stereo at home...
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2005 September 20, 16:09:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, they definately do more at the table. Lots more chatting and gestures. Their social seems to go up more too, though maybe that's just my imagination. And they can still do both dances at home, it's just random which one they'll do.

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 September 21, 00:46:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It also means they take a lot longer to eat.  Pain the butt when that date timer's ticking down!

In other news, dancing solo (or is it the smustle - alone) now seems to give a social boost as well as fun.  And plumbobs go from green to yellow awfully quickly, despite needs being very high.

<insert witty comment here>
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 September 21, 00:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really like how my popularity sim is always getting calls to go out. Someone will ring and say that their friend had a really fun time with you and I'd like to get to know you as well, want to go downtown? That sort of thing. My sim loves it! Makes uni life alot more exciting. Plus I like the fact that when you plan to pair off some sims like we always do, you can ask her opinion of him. Thumbs down and I look for another mate for her. Seems wrong to change her likes.

Plus like how you can scope the room and you get to see how other sims view you. Plus I love the gifts and letters etc left after a date.

I wish that when they drink at the bar that they actually get pissed.

Plus I love being able to go out in a group. My uni girls can have a night out and flirt etc with the guys who check them out. Cool! Wonder how long it will take before I'm bored with it.....but for now, I'm lovin it!

Howabominable
Asinine Airhead

Hi.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005 September 21, 01:00:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like how cars ignore any cars that are blocking them in the driveway. In one household I had 6 adults, with 6 jobs, so I needed 6 cars. When I was trying to get alarms installed in all of them I had a huge strategy plan for getting two cars done at a time so that they wouldn't be blocked by others cars and cause a problem. Then I found out that cars just magically skip past any blocking them. Makes it much easier to navigate Smiley

One weird bug I had was I was playing a family of an elder couple and their daughter and son in law. I had the elder couple kiss, and all of a sudden the elder man because FURIOUS with his daughter. Um, why? All she was doing was feeding the fish! I still don't know why that happened.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 September 21, 01:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really like the cars. My only complaint is at night time, the car turns it lights on before the sim is in it. Doesn't happen with the NPC's cars at nightime. The car headlights only come on when they get in.

Like the hate thoughts with fire too, but I feel that I may tire of this soon.

Hey, whats with the timer thingy on a sims face icon in the friends list? My popularity sim sometimes has a 'friend' in her list and it has a mesh type picture over her face which slowly clears away like the hands on a clock? Am i making sense?? I have a bad headache today. Shouldn't even be on the computer.

DuckSpeak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005 September 21, 01:18:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's telling you how much time you left before a LFBVFS falls on you.  Wink
If it is a green (or is it blue?) mesh it is a "contact." I haven't interacted with one yet but from what I heard all your interactions with the person get a bonus, as well as the contact being considered as a friend before the timer ends.

I got a contact in my game; a friend of a date that went really well.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2005 September 21, 01:21:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't recall the colour. I think it was greyish??? But the outline of their icon may have been green.

A "contact"? Never heard of them. Didn't read it in the little book that came with the game either. How do you know this?

Is it only popularity sims that keep getting calls from people who have heard that they rock? Or are other sims getting them too?

DuckSpeak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2005 September 21, 01:34:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had game tips on - for the first time ever.

About the calls I've no clue because I ignore it most of the time.   Smiley
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2005 September 21, 02:49:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, whats with the timer thingy on a sims face icon in the friends list? My popularity sim sometimes has a 'friend' in her list and it has a mesh type picture over her face which slowly clears away like the hands on a clock? Am i making sense?? I have a bad headache today. Shouldn't even be on the computer.

That would be a contact. Sims get them from good dates. All sims can have contacts.

i am geting a little annoyed with the fact that sims seem to get crushes soo much easier now and they seem to flirt automonously more and I've had two cow mascots that have caused my sims to become furious with their boyfriends because the cow mascot flirted.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2005 September 21, 03:45:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny you should say that about the flirts as I have only played for a few days and yep, flirts left, right and centre. It has always been my wish so I had better not complain.

DuckSpeak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2005 September 21, 04:35:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be a contact. Sims get them from good dates. All sims can have contacts.

i am geting a little annoyed with the fact that sims seem to get crushes soo much easier now and they seem to flirt automonously more and I've had two cow mascots that have caused my sims to become furious with their boyfriends because the cow mascot flirted.

Those bloody cows did that even before the expansion. As for the proper procedure upon encountering one, utter destruction is the only way.  Wink
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2005 September 21, 04:54:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried 2Jeffs cowhead? It is one of the funniest hacks I have ever seen and it works wonders with getting revenge on the cow mascot.

INTJ
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2005 September 21, 13:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those bloody cows did that even before the expansion. As for the proper procedure upon encountering one, utter destruction is the only way.  Wink

Don't you mean udder destruction?  Cheesy

C'mon people, it's a game. You see them, you ask them to leave.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Chanco
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2005 September 21, 14:32:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play a romance sim he went on a date after he came back he rolled a want to get engaged to her (his date). I think maybe they might of change the engagement and marriage wants and memory somewhat for the romance Sims.
Has any one else notice this?

I may be a bitch, but I'm the pick of the litter.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2005 September 21, 20:53:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play a romance sim he went on a date after he came back he rolled a want to get engaged to her (his date). I think maybe they might of change the engagement and marriage wants and memory somewhat for the romance Sims.
Has any one else notice this?

I had a romance sim want to get engaged to another and at the same time, their fear was to get engaged to said sim. Tongue

Instant gratification takes too long.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2005 September 22, 00:15:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a fan of "Lower Hands" myself.   Grin

Me, too!

I love the fact that the kids can karaoke and participate in the smustle. They're more fun to play now that they can do things other than play red hands. The adults seem to have different reactions towards the kids when they're talking, now , too. I had an adult male sit at the kiddie table with his 2 little nieces and nephew, and his facial expressions when they talked were more realistic. Like how you would really react to a child chatting. It's cute.

And the Grilled Cheese aspiration is hilarious! It's funny when they first come out of that machine and have to immediately make a platter of grilled cheese sandwiches. And the reactions to the "Talk... about grilled cheese" from the other sims are really funny.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: