More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 07:54:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  A few nice features....
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A few nice features....  (Read 28195 times)
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
A few nice features....
« on: 2005 September 15, 23:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a few new features of Nightlife that I like:

1) Tombstones and urns are now labeled with the dead Sim's full name, not just the first name.

2) When a Sim serves a group meal, you can click on the serving platter to call the whole family to eat.

3) When a Sim misses the car pool, it doesn't count as missing work until near the end of their working hours.  So there is plenty of time to call a nanny if you need to.  (No need to stay home from work with the baby because the psycho-nanny didn't show up on time....)

4) This may be my imagination, but I think the colors seem brighter than before.  Anybody else notice this?  (I have a Radeon 9600XT video card.)

Karen
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: A few nice features....
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 15, 23:59:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2) When a Sim serves a group meal, you can click on the serving platter to call the whole family to eat.

Have you actually gotten that to work? When I tried, the guests just went about their business sitting in the hot tub or playing kicky bag etc.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 16, 00:04:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you actually gotten that to work? When I tried, the guests just went about their business sitting in the hot tub or playing kicky bag etc.

Yes, it works.  I've only tried it twice so far (only just got the game this evening) but it did put the Eat icon in the queue for all family members, and they all stopped what they were doing more or less immediately and came to eat. 

Karen
« Last Edit: 2005 September 16, 00:09:42 by karen » Logged
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 16, 00:19:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Soaking in the hot tub, playing kicky bag, and doing research are three of a handful of interactions that I can't ever seem to stop Sims from doing. Once they've engaged in the activity, almost nothing short of woohooing with the mailman can get them to stop.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 16, 00:52:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personal electronics are in the inventory. Cellphones, Mp3 Players, and Decahedrons.  This means  that if you want to stock up your family with them (which you'll probably have to do, because the game seems to be a bit inconsitent in who keeps therir stuff after upgrade), only one Sim has to go to the community lot to buy the stuff for everybody.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 16, 00:58:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can your sim go in to work late even if they miss the carpool?  It always bugged me that if they missed the carpool, they missed an entire day's work.  I suppose they would need to have a car to do this.  I don't have Nightlife yet, but the other day, my Captain Hero was in the bathroom showering and had the carpool icon in her queue, and when she was done, she flew off to work even though it was 10:30 ("carpool" comes at 9:00, and work hours for Captain Hero start at 10:00).  I've never seen this.  She got paid for the entire day and there weren't any problems.  I have JM's Captain Hero fix, so I don't know if this affected this or not.
noname
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 16, 01:27:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they own a car, they can drive to work late and still get a full day's pay!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 16, 02:10:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's cool.  I forgot to ask, can a family own more than one car?
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 16, 02:17:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently as many as there are family members

<insert witty comment here>
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 16, 02:53:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently as many as there are family members

And you have the room for Wink. Those driveways take up a lot of space and are oriented for the left side of the lot. In some cases I had to do major construction and demolition on a house to get one to fit.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 16, 02:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How big of a space do you need, and is it on the left side of the house as you are facing it from the street?
JavaChild
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 16, 03:07:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a few new features of Nightlife that I like:

Cool. Thanks Karen. It was nice to read about some of the good things in NL rather than all the scary buggy stuff... But I'm still too scared to install it myself! Cheesy
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 16, 03:17:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new pre-made houses in the lots bin and in the downtown area are kinda nice.  Especially that big $88k house, think it was called "House of Fallen Trees" or something.  Three stories and an insanely deep basement with two coffins at the bottom.

Unfortuantly that lot is just too huge for my meager amout of RAM to keep up with.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 16, 03:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So with the driveways, you build them yourself or does the block have one already and you build around it?

Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 September 16, 03:35:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So with the driveways, you build them yourself or does the block have one already and you build around it?

You'll have to build them yourself on pre-NL lots.  Though they're quite huge and combursome.  Pretty much every lot I've built up to now will need lots of re-construction to accomodate one.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 September 16, 03:38:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On another note, being the big Techno music geek that I am, I'm digging all of the re-mixed music in the game.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 September 16, 03:48:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to say that the Classical music station has become my new favourite - previously was College Rock.

I can just let the classical music cycle over and over and barely notice, as opposed to 'Not this one AGAIN'

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2005 September 16, 03:50:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to build a driveway but it wouldn't work, even though it fit with a square to spare between it and the house.  Virtually none of my houses have room so I am going to have to move everybody out, I think.  I just wish they could be built at the side of the house, but although there is a road there, they can't.  I suppose it's because the cars aren't capable of turning corners - no doubt we will have to wait for TS3 for that.  I doubt my Sims will have more than one car per family, two at most, because it would mean playing the largest lots all the time and I don't want to do that.  I haven't tried parking one in front of the other, or one in the garage and one on the driveway, but somehow I doubt it will work  

I've also noticed that the game doesn't seem to remember who has electronic stuff.  Most of my Sims are asking to buy them when they already have them.  It has also lost every single graduate Sim's diploma so far.  

The calling to a meal works fine in my game.  I like that addition, too.  It will save me loads of messing about making visitors selectable so I can get them off the musical instruments and to the table before they drop dead of starvation.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 September 16, 03:53:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to say that the Classical music station has become my new favourite - previously was College Rock.

I can just let the classical music cycle over and over and barely notice, as opposed to 'Not this one AGAIN'

While playing one of my existing couples to see what the new interactions was like I had them slow dance.  Then the option came up to "Lower Hands".  I almost fell over cracking up.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 September 16, 04:01:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone take a look at a Pleasure assper's Lifetime want yet?  I've only seen one.  It was "Have 50 First Dates".  These guys may be worse than the Romancers...
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 September 16, 04:04:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to laugh how elder Mary-Sue and Daniel Pleasant's turn offs just happened to suit eachother - Mary Sue hates facial hair and Daniel despises grey hair.

So Mary-Sue will do the 'Romance Sim Attraction/swoon' when Daniel walks by, then start gagging at his beard!

They still have 'chemistry', though. Cheesy

The only Lifetime want I've seen for a Pleasure sim (I've only made one, so far) has been Become Celebrity Chef - totally doable.

Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 September 16, 04:29:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just noticed all of the new empty lot sizes.  What the heck are you supposed to do with a 3x1 lot?  o_O
MaggieSt
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 September 16, 04:48:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone take a look at a Pleasure assper's Lifetime want yet?  I've only seen one.  It was "Have 50 First Dates".  These guys may be worse than the Romancers...

Wasn't that the name of an Adam Sandler movie, with Drew Barrymore??
And Sean Astin doing the titty-dance?  Shocked
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 September 16, 05:30:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't tried parking one in front of the other, or one in the garage and one on the driveway, but somehow I doubt it will work  

Actually it does work. The car behind that is blocked teleports. Wink

I've also noticed that the game doesn't seem to remember who has electronic stuff.  Most of my Sims are asking to buy them when they already have them.  It has also lost every single graduate Sim's diploma so far.  

TwoJeffs has a buyable rewards collection at Variousimmers and MTS2 that lets you access and place a diploma. Whichever sim is selected when you go into the collection and place the diploma will be the owner of the diploma so you can get them all back this way. It's also handy when moving if you forget to grab it and put it back in your inventory.

Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 September 16, 06:01:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few questions:

1) Can career awards be placed into inventory? A dumb question, yes, but I am curious.

2) With CAS Sims, are their turn-ons/offs decided altomatically, or does something pop up that allows you to pick said turn-ons/offs? I assume they're chosen by what zodiac sign your Sim has.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: