More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 19:56:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Missing Image
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Missing Image  (Read 3897 times)
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
Missing Image
« on: 2006 October 13, 14:02:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to have somehow...misplaced my loading/selection screen for Strangetown. I see a mesh-looking still topography, green grid over a whitish ground. As long as this doesn't bode ill for the actual health of the neighborhood I don't care, but I am curious as to what might have happened and how to install a replacement image. (When I click on the neighborhood to actually play the aerial overview works just fine.)

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Missing Image
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 13, 14:41:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have either lost N002.reia or it has become corrupted. Grab it back from the base game folder C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Userdata\Neighborhoods\N002. Also get the PNG files from there just in case.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 13, 15:00:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have either lost N002.reia or it has become corrupted. Grab it back from the base game folder C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Userdata\Neighborhoods\N002. Also get the PNG files from there just in case.

And put the files where? Also, will doing that alter or overwrite any of the actual gameplay data?

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 13, 15:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Put them in the N002 folder in My Documents...  Roll Eyes

And no, images (JPG/PNG) or flybys (REIA) as a rule do not tend to overwrite Sims or other game data.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 13, 16:30:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool. Wasn't sure, since I've made all manner of changes to the neighborhood view in game (gotten rid of the flying saucer, altered the flora substantially, etc.) Thank you!

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 13, 16:37:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're welcome Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 13, 17:33:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

REIAs are static and never change. Personally, if I could make a REIA flyby of my neighborhood, it would twist and turn in crazy directions at crazy speeds before finally wobbing, facing looking down, and plowing into the ground. Bonus points for anyone can figure out what this is.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 13, 19:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Scud Missile?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 13, 21:51:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

REIAs are static and never change. Personally, if I could make a REIA flyby of my neighborhood, it would twist and turn in crazy directions at crazy speeds before finally wobbing, facing looking down, and plowing into the ground. Bonus points for anyone can figure out what this is.

Sounds like the opening to the UK TV series 'Father Ted'.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 14, 06:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jordi, you inspired me. I now have a nice image of the (real Sonoran) desert as my png. Now to figure out the architecture of a REIA file. I hadn't really noticed before, but it appears to be a very unsophisticated loop of certainly no more than the classic 12 frames a second (and probably far less--it's jerky), so it should be manipulatable if the images can be extracted. Anyone know of a good graphics file ripper?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: