More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 14:02:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Bodyshop Hair Weirdness
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bodyshop Hair Weirdness  (Read 3273 times)
seventhson
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Bodyshop Hair Weirdness
« on: 2006 October 12, 08:58:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi all,

Got a problem with Bodyshop. I have a Sim I've been tweaking to make into the likeness of an character, and it was all going beautifully until just recently. I changed the Sim's hair from one custom hair to another, and the next time I opened Body Shop her hair could not be changed.

What happens is that in the hair area, no hair shows up at all. The colour choice does (black, blond, etc etc), but if I click on any of the choices, it simply lights up as though it were showing the hair. Clicking more than one choice means both buttons light up simultaneously.

Like this, for example.

-All other Sims in Bodyshop responded normally to having any genetics, including hair, changed
-Both custom hairs have worked perfectly prior to this incident
-Deleted the cigen.package, which was huge, in hopes of fixing it. No dice.
-I've tried yanking my downloads folder before loading Bodyshop. Did nothing.

Problem!
Is there any way I can make it change my poor Sim's hair? I would just do it in Bodyshop, but she's meant to be getting packaged up for other people's enjoyment too.

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated as I am becoming convinced this thing is trying to make me toss the computer out the window.

Edited for hot picture action! Cookie if you can guess the character.
« Last Edit: 2006 October 12, 09:16:18 by seventhson » Logged
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
Re: Bodyshop Hair Weirdness
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 12, 09:22:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try changing the sims' age up and/or down, then back...it might assign the sim another hair type if the mesh for the offending hair is missing for another age. From then on, you should be go to assign another hair style.

Let the Beast inside you free!
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 12, 09:35:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean something like this?

There's no definitive answer, but I think some hair packages may have fumbled up the game.

Try removing your downloaded hairs, and see if you can change the sim's hair then.
seventhson
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 12, 10:01:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks DrBeast and Theo.

Theo, it's almost exactly like that, except removing the downloaded hair does nothing. No hairs appear. I'm thinking it's just this Sim that's messed up - can hair be changed in SimPE, or something? She can be used in CAS without any issues, and the hair will change there, but...it needs to change for the package in Bodyshop.

Changing the age didn't help; she became bald and the hair couldn't be changed. Changing the gender didn't help either.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 12, 11:31:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She can be used in CAS without any issues, and the hair will change there, but...it needs to change for the package in Bodyshop.

I guess the easiest way is to create a new sim in game using the template, and then use the Export function of SimPe's sim surgery to create a new sim template (as well as a new sim Tongue).
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 12, 15:11:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that happen to one of my saved sims. It was the Rachel Morgan sim I made. After I made her, I made a version of her hair that was all geneticized and familied and all that, so when I was installing her with clean installer, I chose to disable the hair package. I tried cloning her to get the new version of her hair up, but the clone had the funky hair thing too.

The in-game CAS could change her hair though.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: