More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 10:29:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  child returns from school w/ teen, and other problems.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: child returns from school w/ teen, and other problems.  (Read 3318 times)
clem
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
child returns from school w/ teen, and other problems.
« on: 2006 October 07, 18:18:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's been a long while since I've had to post about a problem, but I'm flummoxed and I can't seem to find anything else here that describes the problem. I have a feeling that my neighborhood is heading for an implosion.

Problem 1: On two different lots, I have kids coming home from school with their teen siblings. This drops them a grade every time it happens.

Problem 2: I have a ghost who thinks he died of starvation, but he actually died of old age. One time I entered the lot and found his urn by the fridge, even though he had been dead for a good while already. Then he became very annoying and I had to strand him behind a moat.

They may been completely unrelated, but the problems have occurred on the same lot. Before you suggest it, I did bulldoze and rebuild completely.

Other information: No significant hacks other than stuff to make the game work, and everything I have came from here. I did DL Shaklin's Love Bed recently, but that would be no great loss if I had to get rid of it. I don't have Inteen, so this isn't the same situation as in the Jorenne/Bain thread. Also, I did grab the FFS patch. I have everything except the Holiday Pack and Glamour Life or whatever it is.

This is also an aging 'hood; I started it when OFB came out and the fourth generation is now starting to go to college. I would be sad to lose it, since it's my longest-running hood.

Any thoughts?
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Re: child returns from school w/ teen, and other problems.
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 08, 02:03:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the child and teen thing, if you are using my combined version of the twojeffs school bus dialog hack and Pescado's nofrat hack, you should check the twojeffs' thread again. There were some bugs, so I fixed it and put up a newer version.

I also vaguely recall InTeen having an issue with this (I could be remembering incorrectly) but I think that was also fixed. Make sure the hacks that you do have are the most up to date for your EPs.

Ste
« Last Edit: 2006 October 08, 20:04:41 by syberspunk » Logged

clem
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 08, 15:10:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, but I don't have any of those hacks. That's why I'm puzzled.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 08, 17:53:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bulldoze/rebuild is usually the fix of last resort. The first thing you should have done is remove everything in the Downloads folder to some non-Sims folder somewhere on your hard drive just to be sure it isn't CC.

jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 08, 18:01:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Problem 1: On two different lots, I have kids coming home from school with their teen siblings. This drops them a grade every time it happens.

It is true that the InTeenimater (OFB Edition) suffered from this bug at one point.  However, the bug actually originates in Maxis-developed code.  Older versions of the InTeenimater were leaning on this broken functionality, which is why many perceived this to be strictly an InTeen thing.  It is entirely possible that some other code (or mod) is tripping over this same bit of buggy code.  If you are using the InTeenimater, you need only download the most current version.  Do you have any "school-oriented" mods installed that are designed to trigger when a student returns home from school?
« Last Edit: 2006 October 08, 18:06:46 by jase » Logged

Isn't it about time you did your part in God's plan?  Go on, install InTeen today.  What would Jesus do?
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 09, 02:28:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this happen to me and I don't have inteen nor any school-oriented stuff in at the moment. I am using Insim and some of JMs hacks (the critical to me ones Wink and that's all as it's supposed to be a challenge neighborhood (see my idea of playing without hacks).

Anyway, the couple had 6 kids, 8 sims on the lot. When the last one was a child, all the rest teens, it also turned out that the founder had the same work schedule. So there were lots of 'leaving'/'coming home' messages. The child came walking across the back desert of the lot when the teens came home. He did NOT get off the bus (and he didn't have his homework - that I could find.) I think maybe the lot/game got overloaded with them all at the same time.

For game play purposes, I decided he'd played hooky and gone fishin' in the fluorescent neon water out back (he'll probably die of it) and dropped his homework in to boot. That did seem punishment enough. Next day he came home when he was supposeda.

Unsouper
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 09, 08:49:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I regularly play lots that have 22 sims, so I find it hard to believe you can overload the Lot Transitionator. Maybe it's possible, but it almost has to be a rare event.

* dizzy prepares to play a lot with 33 sims

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: