More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 10:02:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  just like dominos
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: just like dominos  (Read 2156 times)
slurpeefiend
Feckless Fool

get a head of the competition...

View Profile
just like dominos
« on: 2006 October 09, 08:25:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone tell me why my lots, both residential and community, have suddenly started breaking?  One at a time, and only one at a time, they are going into the "load forever" mode.  I can access every other lot in my game with no problems, but there is always one that won't load.  As soon as I bulldoze and rebuild the busted lot, a new one breaks.  The whole thing started around the time that I began sorting my downloads into folders and subfolders.  At first I thought it might be something I downloaded that was causing the trouble, but emptying my Downloads folder does nothing to fix the problem.

Why oh why didn't I take the red pill?
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
Re: just like dominos
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 09, 09:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried entering the lot with testingCheats enabled? When on Neighborhood view, press Ctrl+Shift+C to bring down the console at the top of the screen. Type "boolprop testingCheatsenabled true" (without the quotes), then try entering the offending lots again. If an error report pops up, press Reset. If the same error report persists, press Delete.

Let the Beast inside you free!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: just like dominos
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 09, 09:16:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "load forever" can be caused sometimes too,  because the simulator doesn't find a downloaded object, which you deleted, arranging your Downloads folder, and was used in the poticularly lot.

For instance, I replaced a downloaded table with Maxis one, and deleted the downloaded table. Suddenly, the load of the lot became very long, and sometimes I had to restart the computer in the middle of the game, because the load time didn't end.

It didn't happen anymore, when I packaged the updated new  lot under a different name.  
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: