More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 12:55:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  I...hate...Nvidia
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I...hate...Nvidia  (Read 12880 times)
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
I...hate...Nvidia
« on: 2006 October 06, 04:24:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I"M FUMING MAD RIGHT NOW!
when I was playing my beloved games, the graphics exploded!!!!
http://i12.tinypic.com/2iqn6om.png
like this, it started from the sims 2 and then when I played NFS again, this is what it showed (the ones circled are mainly the problems)
also another example is:

if you have a solution to this problem please tell me
I have an Nvidia 6600GT 128mb card
intel pentium 4
1 gb of ram
500w power supply
TS2+Uni, NL, OFB plus but not included HP
NFSMW
AOE3 (age of empires 3, plan on selling it)
80GB of hard drive
91.47 (driver version of the graphics card)

Oh don't piss me off, I'm like JM this afternoon (as in I want to kill someone right now or set someone on fire)
I forgotten what this is but it has something to do with the card as I tried downgrading the driver earlier and it worked only up to 78.01 up more and its just kaboom kablam but I have to upgrade it so that my NFS game would work!
Edit: I had antianalias on when running the program, I turned it off so hopefully it would work
« Last Edit: 2006 October 06, 22:17:45 by giggy » Logged

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
MxxPwr
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: I...hate...Nvidia
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 06, 04:34:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh. I can't even get the 91.47 drivers to load on anything.

I'm starting to think I'm better off being stuck with the 91.31 drivers.

I'm hearing a lot of bad things about the 91.47 drivers. Anyway, can you rollback to an earlier version?
« Last Edit: 2006 October 06, 04:40:44 by MxxPwr » Logged
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 06, 04:36:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

meh, cant as it also affects each and EVERY driver including 91.31. by the way what problem do I have as I forgotten but I know what its suppose to be

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
MxxPwr
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 06, 04:48:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, a problem with that video card specifically, I'm not sure of.

What I am hearing about the 91.47 drivers from Nvidia is that the installation .exe from 9/14 was crap. It either installed the drivers incorrectly or not at all. Worse, it was hard to rollback to earlier drivers because of the junk files installed. Everybody on the NForce boards had ideas to fix it, but I never really saw any solutions.

By the way, if you were to go back to the Nvidia driver download site, you'll see a small message in the 'list of updates' that states as of 9/29 they reworked the installation file but kept the driver number the same. Do you know when you installed 91.47? If it was before 9/29, you might want to try again.
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 06, 04:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Embarrassed I dunno when I installed them as I installed them from a different site.
it was www.filehippo.com I think

*Ella whine*
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 06, 08:56:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe, welcome to the Nvidia club  Tongue  *has messed-up grapics as well*

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 06, 09:24:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before installing any new Nvidia driver, always clean your system of remnants.

Use a driver cleaner.
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 06, 10:02:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did just that but with same results, I looked up on the nvidia website and forum someone (With a simular problem) might of fixed it but I'm unsure if it will work as I've reinstalled the correct driver

*Ella whine*
Sketch Elder
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 06, 12:42:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The TS2 screenshots remind me of a problem I had before I upgraded my video card. Is there an unactivated servo on that lot?
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 06, 20:36:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no there isnt

*Ella whine*
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 06, 22:16:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not that it helps your particular problem, but I used to have a nvidia 6600, and I had the same problems, plus the 'blue screen to crash" -- I got tired of constantly having to try different drivers to fix it, and ended up dumping the nvidia and replacing it with an ATI (X700 Pro), and haven't had a problem since.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 06, 22:19:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love to dump it and smash it to bits and replace it with an ATI but the problem is that I have no money for a new card so basicly I'm stuck with what I've got.

*Ella whine*
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 07, 00:52:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must be really lucky or something, I've had 3 Nvidia cards and I haven't had anything go weird on them or problems with driver updates that a lot of people get.  I've got a really old TNT2 which just doesn't cut it for games today (32MB, no T&L), a Geforce 4 MX 440 (64MB) which was integrated, and a Geforce 6100 (256MB) made by eVGA that replaced that integrated card.  Sure, the 6100 isn't very powerful but it works for Sims 2 and some other games that I play when I decide to use the thing.

I remember seeing screenshots like that quite a bit ago on MATY, but I forgot what the solution was.  I think it might have been a cooling problem or something.
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 07, 02:54:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smiley mm maybe, its just so darn hot all the time

*Ella whine*
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 October 07, 13:55:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you get these glitches as soon as you start the game or after a while? If you're getting garbled graphics some time after you've started the game, it's probably your graphics card overheating. Get an overclocking utility, such as Riva Tuner, and lower the core and memory frequencies a bit (say 10-20 MHz, or a bit more). If the glitches persist, you might even have a defect graphics card sitting in your system. If they go away, consider adding a fan to your graphics card (even if it has one, they sometimes don't deliver) and a couple of intake and outtake fans in your computer case (i.e. one intake fan at the front below the hard disks, and one outtake at the back, under your power supply unit). Intel processors+nVidia graphics cards=mini-barbeques, as I've stated in more than one occasions before!

Let the Beast inside you free!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 October 07, 15:59:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since this is an Nvidia hate thread, let me just voice my immense dislike of the new Nvidia control panel. Yes I know we can get the old one back, but this is such a bad concept it puzzles me why Nvidia is pushing it on new users…
Stitches
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 October 07, 18:17:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since this is an Nvidia hate thread, let me just voice my immense dislike of the new Nvidia control panel. Yes I know we can get the old one back, but this is such a bad concept it puzzles me why Nvidia is pushing it on new users…

According to my pet Nvidia employee, it's because people that weren't "hardcore gamers" didn't understand the old one. They tried to make the new one easy for everyone to use.

And failed.
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 October 07, 21:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you get these glitches as soon as you start the game or after a while? If you're getting garbled graphics some time after you've started the game, it's probably your graphics card overheating. Get an overclocking utility, such as Riva Tuner, and lower the core and memory frequencies a bit (say 10-20 MHz, or a bit more). If the glitches persist, you might even have a defect graphics card sitting in your system. If they go away, consider adding a fan to your graphics card (even if it has one, they sometimes don't deliver) and a couple of intake and outtake fans in your computer case (i.e. one intake fan at the front below the hard disks, and one outtake at the back, under your power supply unit). Intel processors+nVidia graphics cards=mini-barbeques, as I've stated in more than one occasions before!
I get these glitches after a while when I upgrade the driver
I will get riva tuner and try to do that ONCE! I have gotten the glitches so that I can see if its the problem

*Ella whine*
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 October 07, 22:11:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

okay now how do you lower the memory frequencies and such!

*Ella whine*
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2006 October 07, 22:26:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's gotta be the driver.  I have the same card and it works fine--and I haven't updated since I don't know when. 

Don't know what to tell you other than: Save the downloaded drivers to a special folder so if you need to roll back (you say it's tough to do this time around) you'll have previous ones you can install after uninstalling the newest one.

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 October 08, 03:03:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well no need to, I've fixed it by turning off writes and slowing down the acceleration!

*Ella whine*
Cons
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 October 15, 19:37:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes drivers and Nvidia seem to be as bad now as they were with ATI for years. Funny now ATI's drivers seem to be better, but there was a time when they were "crap".Personally I miss 3DFX, they always had great drivers.

Anyway, I have a GF6600 and the driver that's working great with the Sims2 game is the 7.1.8.9 driver isssued 4/1/2005. It's still downloadable from Nvidia's site. Starting with the 8.1. somethings the video in this game gets really glitchy and the card runs hot. So I went back to a driver I knew was good and everything is good again. So much for updating drivers.Ain't broke don't fix it, rule of thumb.

When Sims 1 came out and I was using a Radeon 7200 card, I had the same issue with ATI drivers.
Finally found one that worked and never updated it again.
MxxPwr
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 October 19, 21:34:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

giggy:

I know you've already fixed this issue, but I figure I'd let you know about a work-around that I've discovered on a similar issue: try changing the in-game display resolution.

Some people I've heard from with various chipsets made by both ATI and NVidia had corruption issues with 1024 x 768 resolution. I guess the game hates it, which is a shame, because most games default to it.

I've never given it much thought, because most of my monitors now are LCD and I always play in-game at the native res. So, I'm never on 1024x768 anymore.
KevinTMC
Lipless Loser

Official THANG and Insular Person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2006 October 19, 23:58:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny how results can vary so much from user to user (my nVidia has always treated me well), and even more from game to game.

Over on a Civ IV board I've frequented, I remember the ATI people envying the nVidia people because they were having so much less trouble with that game.

I am a compulsive post-editor. Any and all of the above is subject to change, within the first 15 minutes or so after it is posted. (Or longer, if I'm trying to make it funny.)
wyrdwing
Blathering Buffoon

Too lazy to be social

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 October 29, 22:42:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only got weird graphic stuff like that happen since i installed OFB i swear they keep changing the specs on every expansion.  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: