More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:15:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Homeschooled Vampires?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Homeschooled Vampires?  (Read 14813 times)
Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
Homeschooled Vampires?
« on: 2006 October 05, 12:27:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying an all-vampire household. Major problems arise when the teen vampires try to go to school since they are exposed to sunlight both going there and coming back. This is especially bad when they come back with homework as they waste 3 secs putting the homework down and another 3 secs complaining before they can be ordered to sprint for their coffins. Thing is, teens have to go out during daylight to go to school, unlike adults who can get night jobs. Even young adult vampires can get through university without going to class. I tried sending them to school with the car but that's not enough since they come back on the bus. Is there any hack/mod that allows vampire teens to be homeschooled or to attend night classes? Thanks in advance.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Homeschooled Vampires?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 05, 12:30:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not something I've ever tried - never had a vampire.  But if the teen drives themselves to school with the car, they return in the car.  They'll only return on the bus if someone else drives them there.

I don't know if that helps with your problem at all, though  Undecided
Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 05, 12:33:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not something I've ever tried - never had a vampire.  But if the teen drives themselves to school with the car, they return in the car.  They'll only return on the bus if someone else drives them there.

I don't know if that helps with your problem at all, though  Undecided

It does but then there are two teens and one car, so only one guy can drive?
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 05, 12:36:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder, can't one teen carpool to school with the other? Never tried it, don't even know if it's possible, I'm just curious.

Let the Beast inside you free!
Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 05, 12:49:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying it out atm. If it works then my next (and final) problem is that I'm using the House of Fallen Trees lot in the Maxis Downtown. The garage is a separate shed near the back of the compound and the walk there is almost as long as the walk from the front door to the street. And the house is on a foundation so I can't connect the two. WTB Sims 1 "Hole in the Ground" teleporter.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 05, 12:56:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder, can't one teen carpool to school with the other? Never tried it, don't even know if it's possible, I'm just curious.

They can: a teen has the opportunity to carpool to school with all students. Unfortunately only the driver will return with the car.

As for the teleporting: max logic for your teens. Then they can teleport while meditating.
Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 05, 13:05:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They can: a teen has the opportunity to carpool to school with all students. Unfortunately only the driver will return with the car.

As for the teleporting: max logic for your teens. Then they can teleport while meditating.

Guess I'll build a massive garage and give everyone their own vehicle.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 05, 13:10:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're vampires. They can easily just rake in income till they can afford it.  Tongue

Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 05, 13:20:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I'm wondering is why can't sunlight just make them really sleepy or something instead of burning them up? It's a fatal weakness.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 05, 13:31:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I'm wondering is why can't sunlight just make them really sleepy or something instead of burning them up? It's a fatal weakness.

Err isn't that the point of being a vampire? Cheesy Sunlight=bad Tongue

Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 05, 13:40:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't have to be *that* bad. It's the Sims, after all. Realism and authenticity should have been sacrificed in the name of producing playable vampire sims.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 05, 14:16:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strictly speaking, you don't *HAVE* to send them to school. You could just fail. It's not as if you're not going to be around forever. Let me know if it's going to require a "No F- spam". Teens cannot be taken by the SS.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 05, 14:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the cars: if the driveway is long enough (i.e. base driveway + one or more extentions) you can have a car in every driveway-slot (ex. driveway + extention in garage = 2 cars): the cars in the extentions simply disappear when used.

Place coffins as near as you can to the driveway/garage and give the command to enter in coffin when vampires are yet at school; in this way, as soon as they return from school they first drop homework on the ground then immediatly go sleep in coffin, and you save many useful seconds for their sake.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 05, 14:34:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks all for the advice.

Strictly speaking, you don't *HAVE* to send them to school. You could just fail. It's not as if you're not going to be around forever. Let me know if it's going to require a "No F- spam". Teens cannot be taken by the SS.

True but then they're knowledge Sims (most vampires are); they get all depressed about not going to school and you miss out on the "Get A+" want, not to mention the stupid schoolbus arrives anyway, wakes them up and they burn to death before you can save them. And every civilized vampire has to have an education.

I read somewhere that vampires in bat form are not affected by the sun so the garage doesn't need to be connected to the house after all. If Macrotastics forced the vampires to fly everywhere it would help a lot, especially if it forced them to fly to their carpool/schoolbus.
Fish Dude
Corpulent Cretin

WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 October 05, 15:11:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Macrotastics wont do that since it would rather make your sims run, which is alot faster than running.

No ones gonna take me alive, the time has come to make things right.
You and I must fight for our rights, you and I must fight to survive.

- Muse
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 October 05, 15:32:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read somewhere that vampires in bat form are not affected by the sun so the garage doesn't need to be connected to the house after all. If Macrotastics forced the vampires to fly everywhere it would help a lot, especially if it forced them to fly to their carpool/schoolbus.
I have not seen any evidence of the "bat theory". If it were true, it would most cettainly be taken into account, though. Test and verify.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 October 05, 15:52:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge has a "School Changer" as part of the Sims 2 Institutions objects.
Create a custom Vampire night school and assign it through the aforementioned object.

More information here:
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2Institutions.htm
TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 October 05, 16:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not true, at least in my game.  They all return in the car.  As for the bat-safe-in-the-sun theory:  that's also not true.

For a detached garage, just put in a second floor and inside stairs, or make it large enough to hold all the coffins on the ground floor.  Teens don't have to sleep in the house.  Once they wake up to go to school, pause the game, cancel out the school bus icon, select each one in turn, click on the car, and select 'Carpool to school with/other students,' then unpause.  If you only have 1 other teen vampire only their name will be displayed.  If you have 6, you should get the 'other students' option.  I use this method to send my teen vamps to school, and they all return in the car just fine.  If you don't choose the carpool option for all teens at the same time, some will get left behind (unless you cancel everything out and do it again). That is, once carpooling is the active action for a teen, the car is unclickable and you can't add any more students to the carpool, so do it all at once while paused. 

You can also build a room very close to the bustop to hold the coffins.  That way teen vamps don't travel far outside.  I've used both methods.

Lately, I've been using insimin to stop them from going to school.  I concentrate on skilling for scholarships, and then send them back for a day or so before shipping them off to college.  However, for a while I had a household with 6 teen vamps and they all took the minivan to school each day, and all returned in the minivan.  I had them drop their homework once out of the car and I actually built the garage right off 1 massive bedroom with 6 coffins so they had a short trip back and forth.  Sending 6 vamps to school is a huge pain though.  It should be easier to get students to carpool together.

Just coincidence but it works.
Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 October 05, 16:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not seen any evidence of the "bat theory". If it were true, it would most cettainly be taken into account, though. Test and verify.

Cost me 18,000 simoleons to prove the bat theory false. Bat burns as easily as vampire. Sorry for spreading rumors.

Inge has a "School Changer" as part of the Sims 2 Institutions objects.
Create a custom Vampire night school and assign it through the aforementioned object.

If I assigned my Sims to "Flexi School" (thus making them home-schooled) would they need to do anything else to raise their grades? Also, since both of them (plus their parents) are knowledge Sims, will I get spammed with "Get into Private School" wants by putting them in a custom school?
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 October 05, 16:46:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I assigned my Sims to "Flexi School" (thus making them home-schooled) would they need to do anything else to raise their grades?

Yes, they would need to use the work table object to generate homework to improve grades.
With my experience, grades remain static when exclusively using the Flexi School template.

Also, since both of them (plus their parents) are knowledge Sims, will I get spammed with "Get into Private School" wants by putting them in a custom school?

The custom schools register as private schools within the interface and may fulfil the want.
Honestly though, I'm not too sure as custom schools use an entirely different set of GUIDs.

Thinking more on the night-school concept, I located this over at MTS2. The modification replaces Private School.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 October 05, 17:09:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not true, at least in my game.  They all return in the car.

That is good news. Is this a change in OFB?
TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 October 05, 17:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not true, at least in my game.  They all return in the car.

That is good news. Is this a change in OFB?

Don't know.  I didn't start playing vampire families much until I got OFB.  With just NL I only had one family with teen vampires and I already had built a hallway out to the work carpool spot for the parents and I just let the teens use the bus to and from school.    I did eventually get all four teens to carpool to school, but I don't remember if that was before or after I installed OFB.

Just coincidence but it works.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 October 05, 18:45:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You CAN connect their garage and house...even with the foundation.
SimSherry has a great tutorial at the official site that I've been using a lot. If you can't find it, or need it explained, let me know and I'll do the translation bit when I get home tonight.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 October 06, 03:22:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks a bunch for all the advice. I'll use the school hack and place them all in flexi school to avoid any vampire-sizzling action.
moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 October 06, 04:51:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be so much better logic if the vamps just ran back in the house if they walk into the sun not standing like idiots screaming that they're tired and need to pee and smell and ... It is nearly impossible to save a vamp if they happen to wonder outside.

Or I could be totally wrong...
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: