More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 19:09:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Homeschooled Vampires?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Homeschooled Vampires?  (Read 15038 times)
MyPrecious
Blathering Buffoon

"And we don't want any of that nonsense, do we?"

View Profile
Re: Homeschooled Vampires?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 October 06, 08:23:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could enlarge that garage and put the coffins in there? I know the house you mean and it is a long way to the basement, I had a similar problem with a vamp going to work.

A definition of loafing is; when you can't be bothered to open the curtains so you click the Glastonbury festival web cam to check the weather…

O môr henion i dhû:
Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 October 06, 08:44:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could enlarge that garage and put the coffins in there? I know the house you mean and it is a long way to the basement, I had a similar problem with a vamp going to work.

Yeah the "made for vampires" House of Fallen Trees. I was hesitant to mess with the garage because the house is supposed to be some sort of antebellum town mansion with the garage tacked on several decades later when cars are invented. Notice that the garage with the wood/metal siding is "newer" than the house, which is done up in faded brick. Actually the lot is a bit buggy and the lights on the upper stories go out randomly. They still illuminate the rooms they are in, it's just that the bulbs somehow cease to glow and the furniture in the rooms is dark as well. And I discovered that vampires can still be scared to death by ghosts...

It would be so much better logic if the vamps just ran back in the house if they walk into the sun not standing like idiots screaming that they're tired and need to pee and smell and ... It is nearly impossible to save a vamp if they happen to wonder outside.

All Sims prefer to stand around complaining instead of doing something about the problem, except that for vampires this problem is usually a fatal one. It's all part of the "improved feedback" of Sims 2 over Sims 1, to make the player connect more with the sims. Whereas in Sims 1 a sim might just show a thought bubble indicating that the path is blocked and then wait patiently for the player to deal with the problem, the Sims 2 counterpart will scream accusations at the player and then go into violent hysterics for half an hour, ensuring that the player is sufficiently intimidated to do something about the problem. Although in fairness Maxis did get rid of the hour-long temper tantrums that sims would throw when woken up in the Sims 1.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 October 06, 08:50:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Monique has teleporters at MTS2: here.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 October 06, 08:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All Sims prefer to stand around complaining instead of doing something about the problem, except that for vampires this problem is usually a fatal one. It's all part of the "improved feedback" of Sims 2 over Sims 1, to make the player connect more with the sims. Whereas in Sims 1 a sim might just show a thought bubble indicating that the path is blocked and then wait patiently for the player to deal with the problem, the Sims 2 counterpart will scream accusations at the player and then go into violent hysterics for half an hour, ensuring that the player is sufficiently intimidated to do something about the problem. Although in fairness Maxis did get rid of the hour-long temper tantrums that sims would throw when woken up in the Sims 1.

Sim temper tantrums are the reason I have lesswhiny in my game.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 October 06, 23:36:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lesswhiny didn't save my vampire from burning up.

Too many needs too damn red. He just kept screaming and acting like an ass.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 October 07, 01:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lesswhiny didn't save my vampire from burning up.

Too many needs too damn red. He just kept screaming and acting like an ass.

this hack by Squinge might help

Motive Protect Hacked Painting
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=24442

edit -  grab JMs "don'twaveatme" hack

FEATURES:
Sims no longer look and wave at you when they're upset or whatever, instead
just doing their thing (screaming, passing out, peeing themselves, dying)
without stopping to wave at you.

it really makes a difference!
Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 October 07, 05:30:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

edit -  grab JMs "don'twaveatme" hack

FEATURES:
Sims no longer look and wave at you when they're upset or whatever, instead
just doing their thing (screaming, passing out, peeing themselves, dying)
without stopping to wave at you.

it really makes a difference!

Yes, it's a sanity-preserver. But when all your sims' needs are red they will play their "imminent disaster" animations (pee-pee dance, hunger pangs etc.) and the delay is often fatal to a vampire. This happens even with "lesswhiny" and "dontwaveatme".

Btw, I recommend the vampire mod at http://shaklin.net/xoops/modules/PDdownloads/viewcat.php?cid=2 that allows vampires to bite people without infecting them. You can even kill off those sims you don't like. I've been busy killing off my excess townie population (I have 30+ 'extras' for some reason) and resurrecting them as zombies. Fun stuff.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 October 07, 07:00:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen that hack by shaklin but untill recently I never even had a vampire and mine had alittle problem the other day...

'spolier alert' - for those that have been reading about my sims and haven't read chapter 9 yet
vampires should know better then to play pool outside, specially around noon! and most of the time I go with "what happens, happens" ...I will miss him!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 October 07, 15:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Maxis scripting AI is not programmed to pay attention to "hard kill" actions like that. There's nothing in the default game which tells a vampire that daytime is not vampire time and it's time to return to the grave. You need the sleep clock "Bedtime call" option for that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 October 07, 16:22:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, I know Maxis didn't 'do right' by the vampires, I was just being silly  Tongue

I don't need the sleepclock, my sims rarely sleep  Grin *laughs*

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2006 October 07, 16:33:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You CAN connect their garage and house...even with the foundation.
SimSherry has a great tutorial at the official site that I've been using a lot. If you can't find it, or need it explained, let me know and I'll do the translation bit when I get home tonight.

Here is the link to that tutorial. It is really good and I use it a  lot to add garages to pre-nightlife houses Smiley

Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 October 09, 12:37:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Maxis scripting AI is not programmed to pay attention to "hard kill" actions like that. There's nothing in the default game which tells a vampire that daytime is not vampire time and it's time to return to the grave. You need the sleep clock "Bedtime call" option for that.

The House of Fallen Trees lot I use has the coffins stacked right next to each other, leaving very little room to put in sleep clocks. Can one sleep clock handle 2 coffins at once?
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 October 09, 12:39:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never tried vampires and coffins, but I do know that one sleep clock can handle two sims.

I would assume that it would work likewise for vampires, two coffins, two vampires, one sleepclock.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 October 09, 12:51:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The House of Fallen Trees lot I use has the coffins stacked right next to each other, leaving very little room to put in sleep clocks. Can one sleep clock handle 2 coffins at once?
Yes. One clock can handle two sims in any normal, sane configuration of beds per room. Just don't try to stupidly assign two sims to a room with only one single bed at the same time.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 October 09, 13:17:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about three sleepclocks and six coffins in the same bedroom/crypt, using twojeffs' new V2 smart beds to reserve specific coffins for each family member?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 October 09, 13:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about three sleepclocks and six coffins in the same bedroom/crypt, using twojeffs' new V2 smart beds to reserve specific coffins for each family member?
That is a legal configuration that is officially supported. In fact, the sleep clock innately detects reservation-by-usage using the Maxis algorithm that allegedly allows sims to identify beds (but is so weak that it tends to not work), rendering the need to use any "reservable" options unnecessary: The Sleep Clock *IS* a bed reserver, and will repel unauthorized personnel via the Bed Nazi functionality. It really is More Awesome Than You.

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 October 10, 03:34:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just hate my human sims always wanting to sleep in the coffin autonomously  Huh guess I tend to breed goths or something

INFP or something
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2006 October 10, 05:26:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if a "night school" mod would be possible?

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 October 10, 05:43:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trivial, probably already exists.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 October 10, 20:56:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just hate my human sims always wanting to sleep in the coffin autonomously  Huh guess I tend to breed goths or something

then you need syberspunks "Vampire Coffin Mod"
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,2575.0.html
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: