More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 00:31:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How do I promote an Employee?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How do I promote an Employee?  (Read 4920 times)
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
How do I promote an Employee?
« on: 2006 October 01, 11:54:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok. Point and laugh if you have to. I just got OFB and am trying to figure out a few basics that Maxis either assumed I should know instinctively, or they want me to buy the Prima Guide.

I started my first comm lot business, worked up to hiring an employee, then finally a 2nd one. Now the owner rolled the want to promote the employee that is doing the cashier work. I can't find a place to do that. I tried increasing her salary, but that didn't satisfy the want. I tried making her exchange jobs with the salesman, but that didn't do it.

I've clicked on pictures and icons and am going nuts trying to figure this one out. Do I have to be off lot to do it? Do I have to learn something special or get a certain badge or perk? What positions are even available for them to be promoted to?

I appreciate anyone who is nice enough to help.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Fish Dude
Corpulent Cretin

WTF?

View Profile
Re: How do I promote an Employee?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 01, 11:56:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To get a promotion you need a "score" of 5: gold badge = 3 points, silver = 2 points, bronze = 1 point.

When they have a score of 5, click on the sim, management...promote to manager.

No ones gonna take me alive, the time has come to make things right.
You and I must fight for our rights, you and I must fight to survive.

- Muse
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 01, 12:03:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have Pescado's relevant wages hack it may make promoting to manager impossible as it some badges are completely ignored.  There are ways around it, however.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 01, 12:05:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is manager the only position available for promotion? Why would my owner want to promote a new employee with no skills, no badges, and no experience to manager? Must be another one of Maxis' great ideas.

So the score of 5 that is needed, I take it that the employee is the one that needs the score?

EDIT: I am using that mod

Fish Dude
Corpulent Cretin

WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 01, 12:16:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So the score of 5 that is needed, I take it that the employee is the one that needs the score?

Yes, the employee needs the score.

Is manager the only position available for promotion?

Yup

EDIT: I am using that mod

It is very useful or otherwise your paying alot of money for useless skills and badges. No one is gonna pay you more money if your an expert in flowers working at the cash register.

No ones gonna take me alive, the time has come to make things right.
You and I must fight for our rights, you and I must fight to survive.

- Muse
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 01, 14:30:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK. So I got it where I can promote the employee.  Thank you!

But now....I just made my first servo. But it just sits there. I can't click on it or anything. So finally I sold it. But I know there is a way to activate it. Is that some hidden secret too? I can turn on all of the other types of bots I've made so far.

pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 01, 15:02:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never tried but I guess you can't activate a servo on a community lot. Did you try at home ?
Pioupiou
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 01, 15:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure you can't do that, as Pioupiou pointed out. It never worked for me on community lots. You can take an activated servo to a comm lot, but you can only sell non-active ones there. Maybe it has to do with the fact that they count as regular sims as far as the game is concerned.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 01, 19:25:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok. I went home and then the servo started working. Thanks folks.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 01, 19:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have Pescado's relevant wages hack it may make promoting to manager impossible as it some badges are completely ignored.  There are ways around it, however.
That was changed in a not-that-recent update. Any 5 badges now will work.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 06, 06:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

why do they get the wish to promote an employe after each patch he earns, even if its the first one?
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 06, 09:48:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

because maxis is stupid?
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 06, 10:54:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

because maxis is stupid?

Surely not?

Meh...
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 06, 11:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it's a shocking thing to hear...
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 October 06, 13:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

why do they get the wish to promote an employe after each patch he earns, even if its the first one?

Perhaps they are caring employers that want to see their employees reach their potential?  Tongue
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 October 06, 14:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

heh... well, I think it's actually to give the player somewhat of a choice whether to lock such and such a want now until it can be fulfilled later. there are many wants that roll up which can't be immediately fulfilled, such as scholarship wants, max or max all skill wants, 30 best friends, 5 best friends or woohoo with npcs, etc. And not to say it's really like "strategy" or like a major challenge or anything, but it does make the want lock thing have some point. I mean, if wants always rolled up when you wanted them to, or when they could easily be satisfied, then... it would be pointless (to have want locks).

I think the trigger for many of these wants are somewhat early and or simple. I haven't looked into the code myself, but that's just my guess. Anyways, depending on the amount of asp or whatever, it's up to the player to decide whether that want is worth locking in order to eventually achieve it. But ultimately, since getting to platinum status isn't all that hard anyways, and especially once you've fulfilled an LTW, it really doesn't matter.

I actually find it a fairly rare state when sims in my household are below gold. But it is actually quite funny now and then when I forget or don't realize that a sim is only in green, and I make them try to use an aspiration reward. Tongue It is pretty much about the only time that I ever really have to worry about a sim possibly dying. It poses somewhat of a minor challenge and actually puts me a bit on edge, especially if it's a sim I personally created and have a plan for. Maxis pre-mades and townies I've made playable, meh I don't care so much. Other than that, I think Uni is about the only time that my custom made sims are ever that vulnerable. I also play a bit more loosely during Uni, and don't really drive all of my sims to 4.0 GPAs and max out skills/grades, etc. because that would just be insane, ocd, and just too much work since I don't like to use college rampage, power idle, and I prefer to play with free will on. Besides, I would like some kind of differences between my sims. I don't want to homogenize them all and make them "perfect" or anything. I sorta let them drive their own path based on their wants, unless I have very specific goals in mind.

Ste

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: