More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:49:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Autonomous diaper changing?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Autonomous diaper changing?  (Read 8068 times)
Thanatos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Autonomous diaper changing?
« on: 2006 September 30, 09:13:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why does this not take place? All the sims do for the baby is feed it, even if it is not hungry. They never change it's diaper even if it is stinking up the whole house. They'll hold their noses and complain about it, but not do anything. I find this really irritating. Angry
What about you guys, don't you wish someone would make a hack for this?
KittKitt
Garrulous Gimp

Blarg! Er, I mean, Meow?

View Profile
Re: Autonomous diaper changing?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 30, 09:30:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had sims change a diaper without having to tell them to, but I've also seen them ignore a dirty one for a long while.

That's all pretty moot however if you install this little gem: In Soviet Russia, Baby Changes YOU!

It works great when coupled with Lobonanny, but works just splendidly even all by itself.  Buy one, configure it, and then ignore babys as much as you like, since this thing will ensure they're taken good care of.

Certified BFBVFS free.

-Kitt

Normally, my spiffy avatar-matched banner-thingy goes here.  Since no one else here seems to use those though, and I have nothing particularly witty to add, this space has been intentionally left (not entirely) blank.
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 30, 10:21:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i like stinky toddlers  Grin
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 30, 11:42:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here are a few alternatives to nobabyharassment and babycontrol(ler):

Squinge has an autonomous baby changing table for the original base game object (link)
XPTL297 did a hack which increases the autonomy fun advertisement for changing diapers (link)
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 30, 13:19:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the baby is sleeping, there is no option on the change table to change it.  I often see stinky babies in my game who aren't awake, and so can't be changed.

I use nobabyharassment, babycontrol and lobonanny in my game to streamline dealing with babies and toddlers.  I'd rather not have autonomous actions by my sims interfering with my toddlers when I'd prefer them to be skilling.  As for autonomous, unnecessary actions towards babies (e.g. an adult bathing a clean baby when the adult is the one in hygiene desperation, or an adult sim feeding a baby when the adult is the one that's hungry not the baby) - I'd rather direct the adult to take care of their own needs.
« Last Edit: 2006 September 30, 13:24:31 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 06, 16:14:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Add Inge's Bottomless Bottle for good measure and you hardly need to do a thing. Mind you I have noticed a tendency for toddlers to be dealt with more efficiently than babies.

Meh...
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 06, 17:47:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably because once you train up toddlers you can pretty much ignore them except to feed them -- they take care of most other things themselves.  And if you have the sleepmats off MTS2, pretty much the only interaction you have to have with them is to feed them. Smiley

I think the slowness with dealing with babies is a Maxis problem, since it always seems like it takes forever for someone to get a baby out of the crib, regardless of whether they're doing it by manual direction or under the control of the baby controller.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 07, 15:04:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, babies can be dealt with very efficiently: If you just surround a baby in 3 or 4 snapdragons, you will never need to do anything with it until it grows up. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 07, 19:13:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh.  Figures that if there was a way to completely ignore babies, you'd find it.  Cheesy

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 07, 23:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh.  Figures that if there was a way to completely ignore babies, you'd find it.  Cheesy
Actually, I don't ignore them. I deliberately place them in a snapdragon grove, on the floor, so I can watch them twitch and wiggle like overturned turtles without worrying that they might actually need something. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 08, 08:25:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I wish I'd thought of the snapdragon grove as spawn are a pain in the arse, particularly when your sims stow the little blighters and you can't find 'em.  Roll Eyes

Meh...
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 08, 11:10:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't find the baby? Your house must be something - I lose homework in mine, but my sims would be hard put to find a place to hide the baby. They hiding bodies in trunks too? Wink

Unsouper
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 08, 11:15:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the beauty of macro>do homework.  You don't need to locate the homework at all!
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 08, 11:18:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ja, and I can't seem to do homework on Monique's computer anymore. At least the version I have, the option seems to be replaced by studying OFB stuff. <should go look and see if that's been addressed>

Unsouper
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 October 08, 21:22:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

soon our sim children will be able to say they can't do their homework because the dog ate it *laughs*

the Oct 5th chat transcripts were an interesting read, they actually answered some good questions
http://thesims2.ea.com/community/chat_10_05_06_pc.php

I've always found it interesting that my teens can walk into the babys room, pick of the baby and toss it up for transition, without any trouble, but my adults get stuck after picking the baby up.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 October 09, 00:00:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably because once you train up toddlers you can pretty much ignore them except to feed them -- they take care of most other things themselves.  And if you have the sleepmats off MTS2, pretty much the only interaction you have to have with them is to feed them. Smiley
And with Inge's bottomless bottle, you don't even have to do that.  Wink  The only thing left is social, and they usually need at least one bath before aging to children if they are potty-trained.  Roll Eyes
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 October 09, 01:18:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love Inges bottle!  Cool
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 October 09, 16:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't find the baby? Your house must be something - I lose homework in mine, but my sims would be hard put to find a place to hide the baby. They hiding bodies in trunks too? Wink

Well, it's true I'm not the most efficient builder but what happens is they just drop them down in inconvenient places and if I'm not watching carefully (because having the baby hack is supposed to do it for you) I can't find 'em. As for the hiding bodies in trunks... hmmm, I like that idea. Or is that RL? It's so easy to get confused.  Grin

Meh...
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 October 10, 02:37:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't imagine losing a baby.  If you have the baby controller, it will usually send a sim to stow it in the crib.  Huh
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 October 10, 11:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine don't, though, but that's probably because I hate the Maxis crib so much that I prefer not to use it. It's just plain ugly and I know that means problems for me but meh... you takes your choice.  Grin

Meh...
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 October 10, 14:57:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are some really nice re-colours out there..  Smiley

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 October 10, 15:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ohh, well I understand now.  Smiley  The BC doesn't recognize custom cribs.  I was so confuzzled there for a bit.  Smiley
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 October 12, 16:15:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are some really nice re-colours out there..  Smiley

I soooo don't need encouragement to go download. Bad flowerchile!  Wink

Meh...
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 October 12, 20:51:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, I play with debugging on automagically. I make the baby selectable, and then constantly keep the energy slid down to keep them asleep and everything else slid up until they age. Babies are a PITA.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 October 13, 00:15:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, I play with debugging on automagically. I make the baby selectable, and then constantly keep the energy slid down to keep them asleep and everything else slid up until they age. Babies are a PITA.
LOL, if you're going to do that, you could use something like Inge's Please Yourself flower assigned to the baby.  Smiley Someone updated it for OFB at MTS2, I think it was Dolphin.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: