More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 20:00:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Weird problem w/ customers and ticket machines
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Weird problem w/ customers and ticket machines  (Read 2753 times)
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Weird problem w/ customers and ticket machines
« on: 2006 October 13, 16:36:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is so strange. I had my sim buy a lot, and it was my first pay-to-stay lot. The sims were coming up to the ticket machine no problem, but everytime I would do a sell action, unless the action filled the buy bar in one shot, the buy bar would close down, and the sim would just walk off the lot.

This means my sims can't build up badges, b/c every time they try, the customer leaves! Anyone know what's up w/ this?
Fish Dude
Corpulent Cretin

WTF?

View Profile
Re: Weird problem w/ customers and ticket machines
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 13, 16:40:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do they actually finish the action or drop the queue as soon as they click on sales? You should still get talent badges if they manage to finish the actions. Are you sure your ticket machine is not extremley expensive?

No ones gonna take me alive, the time has come to make things right.
You and I must fight for our rights, you and I must fight to survive.

- Muse
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 13, 16:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am also thinking that maybe you set the price a bit too high on the ticket machine.

Also, if you don't have it already, you might want to get your hand on Pescado Bandatron fix.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 13, 16:52:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have the bandatron fix, and I did initially think maybe I set it to too high, but then I set it down to avg and it was still happening.

They do finish the actions but it's a bit annoying when you have to cycle through customers just to earn badges, plus you don't make any money if you send away every customer that comes to your lot.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 13, 21:43:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What kind of lot is it?  I'm pretty sure that you need a bunch of stuff on it that advertises fun for the sims to want to stay around.  For example, I had problems making money with Club Dante (Malcolm Landgrabb's club) until I put a bubble machine and pool table in there.  After that, every sim that came stayed around for 2 - 3 hours or more, even after I kept raising the price. I think I have it up to somewhere around $50 an hour now, and it's doing pretty good.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 13, 23:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a giant megalot w/ card table, hot tub, coffee area, movie theater, game area, pool table, and a buffett. Tongue

The strange thing is that if the sim is left alone the buy bar fills up eventually, but if you interject w/ a sell action he'll just up and leave. I don't get what's up w/ that.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 14, 01:02:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure that you need a bunch of stuff on it that advertises fun for the sims to want to stay around.

Not necessarily.  I had Brandi Broke charging people to watch tv in her unimproved home (i.e. as Maxis built it).  As the business improved she took the cash rewards and improved the house.  The only fun objects she added were the best tv and a stereo when she could afford them.  She was charging at ridiculously expensive.  This worked better for getting her sales badge as each sales interaction took longer.  I had to use the "make bugger off" option on the business controller to clear off sims who had been there a while so that she could get another customer to practice selling to.  They would stay for hours - she didn't close the business when she went to bed, and there were usually a few customers still watching tv when she woke up.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 14, 06:36:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ticket machine is very strange about price, but normally you can set the price high, and then practice on the sims who are thinking about buying a few times before they go away. Since they don't lose stars if they haven't bought a ticket, this is actually a really good way to improve sales skills.

I don't know what's wrong with your ticket machine, though. Have you tried replacing it?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: