More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 20:22:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Inducing Amnesia
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Inducing Amnesia  (Read 8859 times)
Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
Inducing Amnesia
« on: 2006 September 29, 10:29:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I notice that many of my Sims have dozens of defunct relationships (0/0) cluttering up their relationships panel. I used Insim to remove the relationships and the MATY Lot Debugger to purge the neighborhood gossip. I then went into SimPE to remove the "Met So-and-So" memory. Is there anything else I need to do to get rid of the relationships for good or does anyone see a mistake in my procedure?

Edit: I'm worried that I might have overlooked something and ruined my neighborhood. Has anyone messed around with removing memories and is it safe to do so?
« Last Edit: 2006 September 29, 11:08:30 by Dopp » Logged
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: Inducing Amnesia
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 29, 10:52:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Err, I mean I have no idea.  Tongue

dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 29, 11:14:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I quite like using Monique's hacked gnome that lets you remove sims' pictures from the relationships panel. It doesn't change the relationship or alter memories though. 

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=155086
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 29, 11:20:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Err, I mean I have no idea.  Tongue

Someone stole your initial reply dizzy?  Cheesy

Let the Beast inside you free!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 29, 11:36:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's natural  - when a sim goes to a community lot, he sees many other sims. He befriend some of them, but sees the others, and "remembers" them. During the game, he may befriend some of the 0/0 relation sims, and he may not.

Sometimes, when some townie passes  near the house, and the sim sees him, but doesn't greet him, you will see too the 0/0 relationship with this townie.

It doesn't have to bother you, and to force you to use hacks to reduce it. The 0/0-relation sims are always at the end of the list, and appear only if the sim sees them again. Thus you know with whom you want to befriend him, and whom to pass by.

Too much energy for  such natural event...Smiley.

DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 29, 11:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali, those "seen only but not interacted with" sims are only visible with SimPE. I get a bunch of those for my sims, but none of them shows up in my Relationships panel in-game. Only after the Met so-and-so memory do they show up.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 29, 13:18:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DrBeast, just today I sent my student sim to max all skills to the old hood community lot. While he was studying cooking, some proffesor from the college pased by. When he returned home, I saw the proff name in the relation panel, with 0/0 relations.
It means that my sim "noticed" him, and "rememberred" him.

Yes, I see in the SimPe too other reations that are not shown in the relation panel. But we talk about the "noticed but not met" sims. I think that the simulator tries to "direct" us that these sims are worth to befriend. 
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 September 29, 13:38:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strange...was the Prof. marked as Known in SimPE? I've never seen a Sim in my Relationships panel with whom I didn't have a Met Sim memory.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 September 29, 13:43:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen a Sim in my Relationships panel with whom I didn't have a Met Sim memory.

I see that all the time, especially after one of my sims goes to a community lot. He/she usually comes home with a bunch of new sims in the relationship panel @ 0/0, with no 'met' memories.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 September 29, 14:14:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen a Sim in my Relationships panel with whom I didn't have a Met Sim memory.

I see that all the time, especially after one of my sims goes to a community lot. He/she usually comes home with a bunch of new sims in the relationship panel @ 0/0, with no 'met' memories.

Me too, especially if they have been part of invited outings. No 'met' memory, but 0/0 in the relationships panel.

Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 September 29, 14:29:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is strange.  I know in my game I can send a sim on an outing, and if they do not have some interaction with each of the members of their group, those members don't show in their relationship panel.  My game functions the same as Dr. Beast's.  The only sims who show in the relationship panel are those who also are represented by a "Met X" memory.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 September 29, 16:14:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Sim Relationships panel in SimPE is absolutely chock-a-block with 0/0 relationships that do NOT have the "Known" box ticked.  This happens particularly when Sims go to community lots - everyone on that lot gets added to this list, even if your Sim never even acknowledges their existence.  I find it a pain in the proverbials and I hate the fact that they get added, because it makes it very hard to find the real relationships amongst all the non-existent ones.  Deleting them only works if you delete them from both sides and they will come back as soon as that Sim is in the same vicinity again.  Why they are there when they never appear in the relationship panel I have no idea, there seems no point to it.  The 0/0 relationships that do appear in the panel are ones that have the "Known" box ticked - i.e., your Sim has actually communicated with the other Sim at some point.  I tried Monique's remover but it was too laborious a process.  The relationship can be increased slowly if you use the Flamingo of Decay (it will go up 1 point per day for each flamingo placed).

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
SimulatedDork
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 September 29, 17:17:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I quite like using Monique's hacked gnome that lets you remove sims' pictures from the relationships panel. It doesn't change the relationship or alter memories though. 

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=155086

Lol, that's very realistic, actually. Many people retain the "memory" of meeting somebody, but often cannot match faces to names.

Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 September 29, 17:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Sim Relationships panel in SimPE is absolutely chock-a-block with 0/0 relationships that do NOT have the "Known" box ticked.  This happens particularly when Sims go to community lots - everyone on that lot gets added to this list, even if your Sim never even acknowledges their existence.  I find it a pain in the proverbials and I hate the fact that they get added, because it makes it very hard to find the real relationships amongst all the non-existent ones.  Deleting them only works if you delete them from both sides and they will come back as soon as that Sim is in the same vicinity again.  Why they are there when they never appear in the relationship panel I have no idea, there seems no point to it.

Hmm, so if two Sims should so much as exist on the same lot, their fates will cross and their innocence will be lost forever?
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 September 29, 18:49:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the 0/0-relations were made with a special purpose: as you can increase relations through the phone - and with the phone hack you won't stop jabbering until 100 daily - but you don't have enough friends to be promoted in your job, you can call them, and start chatting each day a little bit, until you gain a new family friend.

Seems sensible.
Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 October 10, 11:58:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to revive an old thread, but can I ask if deleting memories in SimPE messes up your game?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 October 10, 12:01:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not that I am aware of. I often delete or re-arrange memories.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 October 10, 22:22:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleting memories that are other sims have links to, at least I thought, was bad. Like if sims have gossiped about that memory or witnessed it, and they get invisible memories about it or what not. I'm not sure if it actually causes the game to crash or if it just causes those squigly line speech bubbles when gossiping or bragging about an event.

You should be able to cascade delete memories using the latest version of SimPE, which theortically goes through your sims and deletes all other references to the memory you are deleting. Personally, I haven't been able to get that to work for me. I think my game is screwed up somehow. Tongue

Anyways, I don't know for sure if out right deleting memories causes any major problems, but I was under the impression that it wasn't something you should do without cleaning up all references linked to it.

Ste

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 October 10, 22:25:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, IF you delete, use Cascade delete.

Gossip can be cleared with the recent versions of the FFS lot debugger. This also fixes the squiggly lines.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 October 10, 22:50:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In an older neighborhood, using the Lot Debugger to clean out gossip memories can shrink the neighborhood file pretty well, too. Helps make it load a bit faster.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 October 11, 12:20:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I purge the neighborhood gossip before deleting but is there anything else I should check for? I'm looking at the memories now and I notice several gossip memories with no subject...
Fish Dude
Corpulent Cretin

WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 October 11, 16:15:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In an older neighborhood, using the Lot Debugger to clean out gossip memories can shrink the neighborhood file pretty well, too. Helps make it load a bit faster.

Is there really even much of a point of the invisible gossip memories? it doesnt exactly seem like they need to be there...

No ones gonna take me alive, the time has come to make things right.
You and I must fight for our rights, you and I must fight to survive.

- Muse
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 October 11, 19:03:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there really even much of a point of the invisible gossip memories? it doesnt exactly seem like they need to be there...

Novelty, I think.  I haven't nuked the gossip memories from my 'hoods, mainly because I like eavesdropping on my sims.  Grin  That, and as a relative novice, my oldest 'hood isn't really that big.

I'm occasionally surprised that some very old memories (like those of a previous generation) will crop up in an unrelated family.  I think this happens more since I put in AutoSoc, because of its heavy reliance on gossip as a social interaction.  Before that, the autonomous gossip and chat bubbles were a whole lot less interesting.

Anyway, I kind of like the idea that the infidelity of the town's first mayor has become part of the 'hood's collective history through gossip.  Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: