More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 17, 12:13:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is there any way to stop the "omigawd my husband's naked!" shock?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is there any way to stop the "omigawd my husband's naked!" shock?  (Read 7920 times)
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
Is there any way to stop the "omigawd my husband's naked!" shock?
« on: 2006 September 27, 10:28:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd really rather keep all the regular "hoshiz that stranger is naked!" shocks, but the "husband since graduation is naked in the shower" eek is beginning to grate on my nerves, and I've just started my first legacy so I can see this is going to become a big irk for me. lol

I did a search and all I could find (trust me to try here first) was an old thread suggesting a "no shock" hack. Is there any chance of being able to modify it or make a specifically targeted one?

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
KittKitt
Garrulous Gimp

Blarg! Er, I mean, Meow?

View Profile
Re: Is there any way to stop the "omigawd my husband's naked!" shock?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 27, 13:17:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm.

If memory serves, there *is* a way, but I'm not sure how feasable it would be.  Basically, you'd have to edit the BHAV for shock to include a check for whether or not two sims are 'coupled'.  I'm assuming there is such a check of course, since frankly maxian is still way more convoluted to me than ancient Greek...

Personally, I've been using a 'no shock for outgoing' mod for eons, which does exactly what that implies and at least cuts it down a little.  Now were I as awesome as some around here (which I most definitely am not when it comes to TS2 hacks) I'd know whether or not a "is sim engaged/going steady/married to naked sim?" test existed.  If so, it would seem to me that using the same premise as the code for the above hack, I could test for that either instead of or in addition to the outgoing check and you'd have your solution.

Alas, I am as stated, not that awesome however, so unless someone points me to a reference where I can find all the crap you have to work with for BHAV checks listed someplace or could just tell me which one and what constants to test for, I'm not going to be much use.  Sad

-Kitt

Normally, my spiffy avatar-matched banner-thingy goes here.  Since no one else here seems to use those though, and I have nothing particularly witty to add, this space has been intentionally left (not entirely) blank.
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 27, 15:03:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would personally like to see a mod that goes further.  Once a sim has woohoo'd another sim, they should no longer be shocked to see them naked in any situation.  Especially romance sims, who have no qualms about woohooing the entire neighborhood, but are appalled to see their lovers in the buff.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 27, 15:25:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not necessarily... even if you've slept with someone you could still be uneasy with nudity.

Outgoing <3 ?
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 27, 15:32:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jordi, you're right.  However, a romance sim that is working on woohooing 20 different sims, at some point needs to come to the point of saying, "Eh, you've seen one, you've seen em all."

This is one of the animations in the game, that I realize may never be squashed, but I continue to shake my head at.  Another is having a sim look at their spouse and do the, "Call me, we'll hook up", thing.
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 27, 15:46:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

noshockforoutgoing

noshockforanyone
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 27, 16:14:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not necessarily... even if you've slept with someone you could still be uneasy with nudity.

Outgoing <3 ?

Not a good sign for the relationship, if you ask me.

Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 September 27, 16:19:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noshockforoutgoing, and don't really want to take away the shock for everyone.  

I realize that it is impossible to make any game perfect in everyone's eyes, and the shocking thing isn't a huge peeve for me.  But if I were to make a wish list of things I would like to change about TS2, one of the things on that list would be changing the shock animation so that it is more suited to the given situation.  For example, when walking into a gender specific dorm shower room, a sim shouldn't be shocked to see other sims taking a shower, nor should a sim be shocked to see their spouse naked in the shower.  I would expect someone to be shocked to see someone naked in an outdoor hot tub, but not if there is no way they could actually see the hot tub from the other side of the house.
KittKitt
Garrulous Gimp

Blarg! Er, I mean, Meow?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 September 27, 16:22:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noshockforoutgoing, and don't really want to take away the shock for everyone. 

I realize that it is impossible to make any game perfect in everyone's eyes, and the shocking thing isn't a huge peeve for me.  But if I were to make a wish list of things I would like to change about TS2, one of the things on that list would be changing the shock animation so that it is more suited to the given situation.  For example, when walking into a gender specific dorm shower room, a sim shouldn't be shocked to see other sims taking a shower, nor should a sim be shocked to see their spouse naked in the shower.  I would expect someone to be shocked to see someone naked in an outdoor hot tub, but not if there is no way they could actually see the hot tub from the other side of the house.

ROFL

Sorry, but reading this, all I could think of was playing Uni, and how all my sims (almost all anyways) would "EEk!" at all other naked sims when, in reality, most of them if seeing someone of the opposite gender and passingly good looks should probably be doing the cheer animation instead or something on those lines.

I remember university well enough to know that the few times any of us were shocked by anyone else's nudity, we'd do our best to pretend otherwise.  Grin

-Kitt

Normally, my spiffy avatar-matched banner-thingy goes here.  Since no one else here seems to use those though, and I have nothing particularly witty to add, this space has been intentionally left (not entirely) blank.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 September 27, 23:26:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "eek another girl is taking a shower in the dorm's communal female shower!" is another irk for me, Kitt. rofl
Not all of my sims ARE outgoing, and regardless of their outgoing level, I don't understand (oh thank you so much eamethist, for bringing that up!) why someone who's woohooed another then shrieks two sim-minutes later at seeing them in the bathroom.

Yes, I get a kick out of the "ack! streaker!" thing, as well as the shock of someone nude in a front-yard hottub and I can understand that Maxis coding recognizes ALL of "outside" as one massive "room" and as such there's no way or no likely ability to make passersby NOT see someone naked in the hottub behind the house, but they have to have included SOME way to fine-tune this... right..? -crickets- I mean.. I realize this is MAXIS we're talking about.. and don't get me started on the "hey, hubby.. call me, yeah?" anim.. -grits teeth- It's enough to make me want to turn the whole town Grilled Cheese so no one farts hearts!

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 September 28, 00:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CBoy had that tweaked out in a major way in his nudist mod. You can probably just extract that part of the mod if you're uneasy about the nudist stuff. (The emitter stuff is in a different package file.)

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 September 28, 01:50:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's enough to make me want to turn the whole town Grilled Cheese so no one farts hearts!
I'm pretty sure that would make it a million times worse, since Cheese sims are all but guaranteed 3 bolts with the other cheese sims...

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 September 28, 02:04:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Think about it.   How many people would actually go "eeeek" and demonstrate any actual shock at seeing a naked person in any circumstance.  In a public situation most people would pretend to have seen nothing, or would jump on their phone to call the police (depending on circumstances of course).  In a private setting you either wouldn't care, or would again pretend to have seen nothing in order to not embarass either yourself or the other person.

So using the no shock for anyone is pretty realistic really.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 September 28, 02:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I hate is when one naked Sim gets out of the hot tub and eeks at another naked Sim. I mean, come ON.  Wink If you're not shocked that you are naked, why should you be shocked that anyone else is? It's just silliness. Maxis put lots of things into the game that are cute the first couple times, but 2 years down the road are just plain annoying.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 September 28, 02:53:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like to think of the shock thing as "Oh my! I did not realize you were in there!" or "Oh dear, you left the door open while you're showering!"  Seems to be the circumstances for me. Roll Eyes

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 September 28, 02:57:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is too true. All these stupid little behaviors, like the 'what is this', or the whiny behavior, or the foot-stomping, or....

Yeah, yeah, I know. I'll stop now. But the shock behavior for nudity is stupid all together anyway. What the hell is so horrible to see someone without clothes on anyway? It's not as if they are taking a crap in public, or commit bloody mayhem. They just have no clothes on, geeeesh. Agreed, in real life we are not all as ...ahem... stately as the statues of David or Venus of Milo, or cute as the little tinkle boy in Belgium (Männeken Piss in Brussels), but the sims are all pretty uniformly build anyway.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 September 28, 04:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I hate is when one naked Sim gets out of the hot tub and eeks at another naked Sim. I mean, come ON.  Wink If you're not shocked that you are naked, why should you be shocked that anyone else is? It's just silliness. Maxis put lots of things into the game that are cute the first couple times, but 2 years down the road are just plain annoying.
I'm pretty sure that's probably included in the hack, so that if you're naked, you won't eek at anyone else for being naked also.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 September 28, 05:24:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's enough to make me want to turn the whole town Grilled Cheese so no one farts hearts!
I'm pretty sure that would make it a million times worse, since Cheese sims are all but guaranteed 3 bolts with the other cheese sims...

Oh dear god no... -snatches up an anti-heart umbrella and hides under it-

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 September 28, 06:50:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the good news is, they wouldn't ALL have 3 bolts for each other, some would only have 2. I wrote a cheesy bachelor story that explored this phenomenon.

Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 September 28, 16:19:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't get me started on the 3 Bolts phenomenon.
Nothing else in the entire game can compete with the backward mess that makes.
Adjoined hips is the give away (autonomously viewing THAT specific painting is a clue) and starvation is the critical mass.

SimWardrobe has a 'No Attractions Reactions' hack that is in my game presently.
I've only noticed a few heart bubbles (could be recollecting gossip memories) but no "deer caught in the headlights" effect.
dream_operator
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 September 30, 13:52:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it is funny when a sim will scream in shock at their naked spouse in the shower and then proceed to stare in a long and leisurely fashion at said spouse's body.  LOL! It's so silly.  It's like, "Oh my God you're  naked! Must...Not...Look! Damn...so that is what you look like under those undies which we wear during woohoo!"

There is no meaning in our world for us who live there. No meaning at all. -Ulquiorra
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: