More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 04:15:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Resurrection in a Graveyard
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Resurrection in a Graveyard  (Read 5505 times)
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
Resurrection in a Graveyard
« on: 2006 September 27, 07:44:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi everyone,
Id like to be able to use the resurrection thingy in a community lot (a graveyard) but i can't find one that will work.  I used to have a hack (twojeffs i think) that allowed rewards as a buyable, but I couldn't click on the resurrection to use it while at the graveyard.

Can anyone help me out?
Thanks

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Resurrection in a Graveyard
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 27, 08:09:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sim doing the resurrecting needs to actually know the dead sims.

I'm not sure if it works on community lots, either.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 27, 08:11:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you say you can't click, do you mean it lacks any interactions?
Or do you simply get a message you don't know any dead Sims?
Soylent Sim
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 27, 08:15:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Word of warning:  I've heard that when the wedding arch is used on a community lot, if the newlyweds weren't already part of the same family it caused the game to get a little bent out of shape.  I don't know for sure how that'd work with the ressurrectamacallit, but given that it adds to your family you might run into similar problems.  So not having that option available might actually be a good thing for you, in the long run.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 27, 08:18:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jordi - it lacks interactions.  Its like its not there.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

travellersside
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 27, 09:24:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Resurrected sims become part of the family that resurrected them. Families are attached to residential lots. If you're visiting a community lot, since it isn't the family's lot, there's nothing to attach the resurrected sim to. Consequently, you can't resurrect sims on community lots.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 27, 10:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't resurrect  in the community graveyard, because the resurrected sim won't know where to go (to which family). You have to be in your house, and call the Grim Reaper. If the sim's grave is anywhere on this hood - he will appear in your list, only if you know him. If after that you don't want him, you can tell him to find own place.

You can'r resurrect a pre-made sim, if you play OFB. Only if you play NL - it's possible, OFB cancelled that option.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 September 27, 11:02:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Resurrected sims become part of the family that resurrected them. Families are attached to residential lots. If you're visiting a community lot, since it isn't the family's lot, there's nothing to attach the resurrected sim to. Consequently, you can't resurrect sims on community lots.
That's not actually entirely true, it's just specifically forbidden.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 September 27, 14:21:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's too bad. I only have Uni and NL and so was able to resurrect Lyla Grunt and Ripp's townie gf at the community church and graveyard without any trouble at all. Is there a game mechanics reason why Maxis broke in OfB one of the cooler features that had been working so well?

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 September 27, 14:28:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My guess: because many of the premade dead are missing hairstyles, or have broken DNA.
It is easier to just ban their resurrection than to fix the Sims.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 September 27, 16:15:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps it is easier to just ban them than fix the character files. Though it's too bad Maxis seems to have this ongoing behavior of not being able to see the forest for the trees. If they went in and fixed stuff like this proactively without seeming to need their arms twisted by fans it would strengthen and even increase customer loyalty. Oh well. I guess I'm preaching to the choir so to speak.  Undecided
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 September 27, 21:33:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmm I wasn't trying to resurrect a premade, I know the issues reguarding that thanks though :-)

I
You can't resurrect  in the community graveyard, because the resurrected sim won't know where to go (to which family). You have to be in your house, and call the Grim Reaper. If the sim's grave is anywhere on this hood - he will appear in your list, only if you know him. If after that you don't want him, you can tell him to find own place.

If that was true how come you are able to resurrect a sim on a secret society lot?  Your not on the family lot either, yet the resurrected sim joins the family of the sim who called grimmy with no hassels at all.

Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 September 27, 21:50:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to alter the behaviour for the resurrected to join the townie families pool?
That would make a nice hacked object for community lots...

Thriller-O-Nomitron!
/smustle
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 September 27, 22:34:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to alter the behaviour for the resurrected to join the townie families pool?

You can do that with something like Inge's teleporter bush, or even the testing cheats.  Goopy was killed in my hood, resurrected as a zombie, and then turned back into a townie.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 September 27, 23:09:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tigerlilley, I offer this with totally NO guarantees that it will work for you, but I'd be happy to send you the package that works in my game, if you'd like to try it.

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 September 27, 23:17:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

that would rock, thankyou so much Cheesy ill pm email addy

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 September 28, 01:29:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If that was true how come you are able to resurrect a sim on a secret society lot?  Your not on the family lot either, yet the resurrected sim joins the family of the sim who called grimmy with no hassels at all.

This is just a guess, but Community lots have dependencies on the Lot Transition and its associated Global Tokens. All sorts of things that don't work properly would probably BFBVFS if you tried to force a dead sim into a taxi back home. IIRC the SS lot isn't really a community lot, so it naturally wouldn't have that particular problem.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 September 28, 01:35:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmm I wasn't trying to resurrect a premade, I know the issues reguarding that thanks though :-)

I

I have *never*  seen in an ordinary  community lot the O-Nomitron, except the Secret Society lot, and there you can resurrect only students, not mom or dad. You will always get the message that you don't know any sim to resurrect. So, the SS lot is not an ordinary community lot, because it has the O-Nomitron.

In the old hood, no community lot has the O-Nomitron, unless you have the TJ carreer hack, and put it there when it's empty, because in live mode, the Buy mode is greyed.

I thought we were talking about "no-hacked" community lot.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: