More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 19:48:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The Slim System Bed
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Slim System Bed  (Read 6067 times)
MxxPwr
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
The Slim System Bed
« on: 2006 September 27, 05:20:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay,

Must be living under a rock here.  Smiley

How long has the 'Slim System' bed by 'Jim Slimboy' been messed up?!

Had a new family buy one, queued up a kid to sleep in it, and, bam! huge forced reset and the bed is adios.

::Sigh:: Can't go on the sheeple sight; they won't let you write up bug reports anymore.

Thanks

::Edited because I forgot I don't have a signature on this site yet telling my current TS2 status: I have everything up to and including GLS; this was my no-hack user, so no conflicts there (but probably why it's messing up  Smiley    It was in a custom hood.
::
« Last Edit: 2006 September 27, 18:53:37 by MxxPwr » Logged
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
Re: The Slim System Bed
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 27, 20:18:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have any problems with the bed. Works fine in my game and I have all EPs/SPs also.
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 27, 22:06:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you get an error notice, attaching the log can help identify.
(My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Logs)

MxxPwr
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 27, 22:42:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

twojeffs:
Hmmm. Interesting. I'll try to reproduce it tonight. If not with my 'break it' hood, then with the hood and lot in question.

Weaver:
Nope, no error log that I can see. Just the run-of-the-mill audio errors. Everything else is 0 kb.

FWIW, right after it happened, I opened the expanded cheat window, and toggled moveobjects on/off (just in case I got stupid and left moveobjects on from a previous mishap) and saw nothing that I can remember out of the ordinary on the list. You know, something, something... 'primitives' ...expand, moveobjects on, moveobjects off, exit.

It's the damndest thing too. I've never seen this kind of 'reset' before; at least, not unless I patched or added an expansion. I mean, everyone who was already sleeping or napping just 'popped up' standing beside their respective bed. And the bed in question just disappeared. Shame too, it's a 1050 simoleans!  Smiley

Oh, well. At least now I know I wasn't using a bed that everybody can point and laugh at me saying, 'Ha, ha! Everybody knows a child can't use the Slimboy bed!'  Grin
MxxPwr
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 28, 01:15:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm... Couldn't reproduce it with my 'break it' hood. Went back to the hood and lot in question to see if I can reproduce it there, and I have a broken dining chair (Contempo Penn Station side chair). That's the chair the child had to get up from to go to the Slimboy bed.

Hmmm...
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 28, 01:18:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the error reset the whole lot, that's not a good sign. An object error should never do that and could be a sign of major problems with something on that lot. If I were you I would move that family out and bulldoze the sucker.
MxxPwr
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 28, 02:35:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the error reset the whole lot, that's not a good sign. An object error should never do that and could be a sign of major problems with something on that lot. If I were you I would move that family out and bulldoze the sucker.

Good idea. It was a ugly house anyway.

Timber!

Ah! There, that's better.

For the record I couldn't duplicate it, even on that lot. If I had to guess, and I'm ignorant, something erred and it deleted the bed because of error suppression? If so, that's darn near crazy. What if I had queued her up to talk to somebody else when this error occured. Would it have deleted them?

Anyway, I'll chalk it up to being over. House is burned down with the grey skinned girl and boy with it. No more grudge on this lot. :::cleans hands of whole deal:::
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 September 28, 18:23:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Might I ask....WHat is the Slim System Bed?  I searched here but found no reference to it other than this thread....
MxxPwr
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 September 28, 18:58:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The 'Slim System Bed by Slimboy' is just a single bed you can buy from the regular Buy Mode - Seating. The only notable thing about it is that it has a canopy.

I can't remember when it was added to the game.
Nihale
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 September 28, 19:06:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was there from the base game. It's the bed used in the Curious household... or, at least, I think it is.
« Last Edit: 2006 September 28, 19:13:40 by Nihale » Logged

"We could remove the bugs, but we're not going to. Let's leave them in and call them features."
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 September 28, 19:47:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

okay, gotcha....Thank you for the clarification.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 September 29, 12:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In other words, you've never heard of it because it's crap, and as such, is never used in your game, because you don't want crap for mission-critical equipment.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 September 29, 14:33:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, yes it is crap. I had to look it up in the game to even see which bed it was. I just happened to have the game open when MxxPwr posted the question so I tested it out. I haven't used that bed since my very first iteration of Pleasantview.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 September 29, 14:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any bed with a low energy rating (less than 6?) is not worth it.
I've long been intending to "upgrade" the Maxis default beds... maybe I'll get around to releasing that mod one day.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 September 29, 20:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I frequently use this bed for children in some of my families who haven't become obscenely wealthy yet.  For them, it doesn't seem to matter because children drain their energy so much faster.  It seems like they all want to go to bed by 7 or 8pm, unless they have 7+ activity points.  Better beds re-energise them by 1 or 2am, but waking them up to skill just twists their sleep cycles.

After school naps take too long for my liking.  Apart from cheating them some activity points, is there any way to keep kids up longer?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 September 29, 22:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, they can't drink coffee, so the alternative is something that makes them stay in bed until you want them up.  And that something is found right here in Pescado's forums, known as the 'Sleep clock'.  It'll call them to bed at the right time (assuming you also have Macrotastics installed), and it keeps them in bed until their set 'wake-up' time.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 September 30, 02:26:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Joe.  That's the system I use now, whether they have good beds or not.  Smiley  I don't mind my sim-children going to bed right after dinner, but if there was a secret Awesome way to make more time for skilling, by god I had to have it!  Cheesy
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 September 30, 02:32:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Joe.  That's the system I use now, whether they have good beds or not.  Smiley  I don't mind my sim-children going to bed right after dinner, but if there was a secret Awesome way to make more time for skilling, by god I had to have it!  Cheesy
Well, my experiments in Advanced Slavedriving have found there *ARE* ways to keep them going longer, under the right conditions: Here's what I do: Make sure you have an instructor available that's fully charged and ready to launch. Make sure the kid is prepared in everything except energy, which should probably be about to run out by now. Then ask for instruction on either the Candy Machine or the Surgery Table: Neither of those two will abort for low energy and you'll be able to slavedrive kids on them until they finally max out and pass out. Crack that whip!

Also, definitely do not tolerate laziness. Active 10 or bust!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: