More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 07:41:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Cutting Hair File Size
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Cutting Hair File Size  (Read 39653 times)
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Cutting Hair File Size
« Reply #50 on: 2009 March 06, 18:05:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah yes, I forgot my previous statement:
The XHTN resource has been replaced by a clothing-type COLL.
is not entirely correct, since it turns out that these two are unrelated to each other. The XHTN may still be needed, if you're using custom hairtone guids, while at the same time, you can use a custom COLL resource instead of the 'magic COLLs'.

I made a small diagram of the resource linking here: http://theos.chewbakkas.net/files/hair-problem.svg
See also if you agree with my proposal: http://theos.chewbakkas.net/files/hair-solution.svg

Regarding base game compatibility, I believe this referencing scheme is compatible, but it's just a matter of testing it with the base game starter, if you want to be sure. Wink
CatOfEvilGenius
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
Re: Cutting Hair File Size
« Reply #51 on: 2009 March 06, 19:36:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, I have Numenor's AnyGame and base game programs.  I'll test, just thought I would ask first, in case the answer was "it can safely be assumed to be compatible".  Probably better to be paranoid, assume nothing, and test.

I'm totally in favor of automatically splitting resources so that all resources associated with a certain age can be nuked without fear of breaking other ages.  That diagram is quite handy.  Right now, I clean hair packages by hand and with your binning tool.  Once I'm totally comfortable doing that, I'll write an automatic cleaner for Windoze and Mac.  After the duplicate TXTR remover is all finished, that is.  There's still some textures it doesn't recognize as identical, could be because of different compression schemes, as Pescado suggested.

Please spay or neuter your pets --- my Sims2 clothing meshes
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: