More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 20:37:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Impressive new Custom Object
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Impressive new Custom Object  (Read 9987 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Impressive new Custom Object
« Reply #25 on: 2006 September 20, 05:32:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried it on a downtown lot last night and it sort of irritated me because it went so S-L-O-W-W_W_W_W_W_W_LY.  They did get fun from it, but very little, and I don't think the advertising is very high as it took a long time for anyone to use it.  My playable Sim went on it straight away after I asked her to switch it on, but she never went back to it.  The swingset at the other side of the path attracted far more attention, so nothing new there.  I don't know if they're only meant to go round once, but they always got off when their seats reached the bottom again.  Not surprising really, it probably took about an hour for them to go round.

It's still a very impressive object in terms of design (although I'd like some recolours of the actual base part), but it could do with some improvements in terms of gameplay.  Just makes me even more nostalgic for Makin' Magic.  Why haven't they recreated those amazing rides?  And I want the hole in the ground back ...

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 September 20, 05:35:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are custom animations really that difficult to make? It seems that modders can alter game behavior, create new meshes, new textures and even new sound files on a regular basis, but there don't seem to be that many new animations being created. Why so difficult?

I believe maxis intentionally made it difficult to try to prevent certain "adult modding".
They seriously underestimated the resourcefulness of perverts.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2006 September 20, 05:43:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a nice object for kids. Honestly, a ferris wheel IRL is a dull and boring ride, generally has a line that's far too long and is mainly intended to be decorative.

I want to go on something more exciting than Ferris Wheel 1. Tongue
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 September 20, 09:05:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It isn't so much that custom animations are "difficult" as much as there really aren't any easy tools for it at the moment. This modding business is really just a hobby, so it'll get done when it's done, if it ever gets done.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: