More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:14:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How close may I be to impending doom?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How close may I be to impending doom?  (Read 7675 times)
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
How close may I be to impending doom?
« on: 2006 September 17, 15:32:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, this kid is just screwed up. Once he aged to teen, I rolled Romance, and off he went. For some odd reason, he rolled these fours wants: get a cellphone, get a music player, go to college, and be abducted by aliens. What kind of Romance sim wants that? That's kinky even for them. Next, I check his LTW. No such thing exists for him. I debugged him a new one, but the facth e didn't get one himself disturbs me to no end.

How long would you give me before a BFBVFS?  Sad
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: How close may I be to impending doom?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 17, 15:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they can get that just because an expensive telescope is on the lot.  On the LTW - I don't think it sets until after they sleep and get up.  I wouldn't worry... yet Smiley
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 17, 15:46:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not unusual to not immediately get a LTW with teens. Sometimes I've had to send them to bed and wait for them to wake up before the LTW appears. Someone somewhere postulated that they have to fill a basic want before the LTW will appear.

I've also had some sims roll up odd wants that seem more appropriate to other aspirations. I've got one popularity sim which always has the 'sell masterpiece' 'sell bestseller' wants, which I had only seen on fortune sims, up to this point.

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 17, 15:54:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just worried, because all of those wants seemed to be associated with Knowledge. It had been several hours after he grew up, but he had not been to bed. That's a good point.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 17, 16:49:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LTWs no longer appear until a want rerolls. You have to do it manually or just wait until a regular want rolls. It is unknown whether this is intended to be this way, or a bug.

I've also had some sims roll up odd wants that seem more appropriate to other aspirations. I've got one popularity sim which always has the 'sell masterpiece' 'sell bestseller' wants, which I had only seen on fortune sims, up to this point.
Those are core Popularity wants. They just don't appear as often due to the sheer amount of snow Popularity sims get.
« Last Edit: 2006 September 17, 18:12:28 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 17, 19:15:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know the same thing has bee happening to me since installing Glamour. My Sims keep crossing the aspiration lines. Family sims wanting to break up. Business sims wanting slacker jobs and to stay home. Knowledge sims nearly addicted to partying.

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
KevinTMC
Lipless Loser

Official THANG and Insular Person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 17, 19:44:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh...people want the wrong things in real life all the time too.

The great thing about Sims is you can make them do the correct thing anyway, no matter what fool thing they think they want. If only people were sensible enough to give me this power in real life... [/Pescado]

I am a compulsive post-editor. Any and all of the above is subject to change, within the first 15 minutes or so after it is posted. (Or longer, if I'm trying to make it funny.)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 September 17, 21:52:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think a lot of the time they can be almost trained to want different things.  Since using TwoJeffs' autonomous CR, the majority of my Sims are obsessed with woo-hoo, regardless of aspiration.  No sooner have they woo-hooed once, they want to woo-hoo again.  Recently I even had a Romance female ask to have a baby and no, she wasn't pregnant at the time.  I wish they'd do this more often, at least it makes the game more interesting when they throw-up these strange wants.  Some I see very rarely, such as the want to look at the neighbours through the telescope.  Fricorith Tricou (Pleasure) rolls that one up practically everyday, but nobody else in the neighbourhood ever has.  His wife is also Pleasure but she's never once asked to do it, which is odd really as she only has 3 in Nice and Fricorith has more.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 September 18, 00:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always thought wants were influenced by personality as well. IE a pleasure sim with high serious points gets telescope/play chess wants, and the more playful ones get play darts/watch tv wants.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 September 18, 00:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know the same thing has bee happening to me since installing Glamour. My Sims keep crossing the aspiration lines. Family sims wanting to break up. Business sims wanting slacker jobs and to stay home. Knowledge sims nearly addicted to partying.

A want to Break Up? I've never seen it. Should one have rolled up, I would have done it. My cheaters just make up and forget.
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 September 18, 04:02:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A want to Break Up? I've never seen it. Should one have rolled up, I would have done it. My cheaters just make up and forget.

In all the time I've played my sims I've never seen this want either.  I've had several sim couples who hated each other but never seen it.

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
Ndainye
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 September 18, 05:16:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims wants and fears are based not just on aspiration but also on personality.  Neat sims always want to earn cleaning points, outgoing sims always want to make friends, and Mean sims love to pull pranks.
moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 September 18, 05:56:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A lot of my adult sims have been getting "Young Adult" wants (serve coffee, be cook etc.) lately. Is this a symptom of impending doom?

Or I could be totally wrong...
DoomPuppy
Blathering Buffoon

.::devil's little sister::.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 September 18, 06:48:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still have toddlers who roll the "Buy a Flowerbed" want, this has happened twice in the Curious household.  Those aliens sure are eco-friendly flower lovin' fools  Cheesy.

"Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 September 18, 07:06:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still have toddlers who roll the "Buy a Flowerbed" want, this has happened twice in the Curious household.  Those aliens sure are eco-friendly flower lovin' fools  Cheesy.
It's not surprising. I mean, they *ARE* green and photosynthetic and stuff. They should be able to refill hunger just by being outside in the sun.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 September 18, 07:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moonluck, I get those too but usually it is if the family funds are really low.  They seem to know they need to do something to get some cash.
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 September 18, 10:22:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently had two twin toddlers have a want for a bar.  Undecided
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 September 18, 11:40:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When kids grow into teens, the want slots re-roll before you pick aspiration for them.  I always tend to get neutral wants at first roll (first kiss, buy cellphone, go to college) in addition to an almost chronic obsession with the abduction grant, and then once they get a good night's sleep, or just one of their wants fulfilled they follow the path laid out for them.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 September 18, 12:27:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently had two twin toddlers have a want for a bar.  Undecided

Steve Tyler and Joe Perry in their youth?  Grin

Let the Beast inside you free!
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 September 18, 19:48:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gwill, that makes me feel much better about my neighborhood's safety.  Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: