More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 18:32:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  mods that do and don't work
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: mods that do and don't work  (Read 71507 times)
Qwiggles
Corpulent Cretin

We are all just monkeys...

View Profile
Re: mods that do and don't work
« Reply #75 on: 2005 September 18, 04:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have found that run to class works. and now after a few hours of testing no eat crap does as well

When you had noeatcrap hack, did you happen to go on a date?  I noticed that I couldn't steal a bite, throw food, or feed a bite while the couple was eating.   Huh

Mooooo
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2005 September 18, 04:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have found that run to class works. and now after a few hours of testing no eat crap does as well

When you had noeatcrap hack, did you happen to go on a date?  I noticed that I couldn't steal a bite, throw food, or feed a bite while the couple was eating.   Huh

I tested this in University town (with Nightlife installed, of course), and it causes the same problem, those interactions don't show up. They show up again after I remove the hack.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 18, 05:43:20 by IgnorantBliss » Logged

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2005 September 18, 04:33:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll probably get smacked for this, but will stuff like Macrotastics get updated to prevent vampires from running outside during the day? I'd rather see them drop the queue than go up in a big puff of smoke on the obstacle course (well, unless it was intentional).
Yes. Vampires will be retrained to ignore outdoor objects on all smartcontrollers.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Xav
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2005 September 18, 04:55:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Manual navigation works too, except for two new vampire modes of locomotion:  stalk here and fly here.  The moves just cancel out, nothing crashes.
Is flying faster than running? If so, the Nightlife-updated versions of macros will default to "Fly Here" when available for vampires.
It looks a bit slower than running. It seems useful for sims who cannot run.  Even if they're in the house, all of their moods will  go down faster than a normal sim. However, if they go outside, it'll be going down rapidly. Vampire is an excellent choice for a sim with a night job. Their moods don't drop at all at night, so they can go to community lots to do all the other stuff with ease and come back with lots of time left.

There also some other annoyances that I wonder why in the hell would Maxis still include. For example, the doorbell still wakes everybody up including the vampire. So, if you're not paying attention, all his/her moods will go down and you'll have to make him/her go back to the coffin.

A good thing they fixed is that the cellphone does not ring when a sim is sleeping.
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: 2005 September 18, 04:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, are your Sims' influence bars empty or full when you're getting the influence wants? I don't care for that aspect of the game and leave all of my Sims' influence bars full and haven't gotten any influence-related wants. The only time I get them is when the meters are between 0-50% full and 50-100% full.

To be honest, I have no idea, but I am guessing their influence meters might be low? I really don't care for the whole influence thing and pay absolutely no attention to it other than to do it when they get those wants just to cycle them and get them out of the way.

That's your problem then.  If your influence bar is not completely empty or completely full (or nearly so), you will continue to get Influence wants rolling into your panel.  Of course, acting on them only serves to keep your influence bar less than completely full.  Ignore them.  Fill other wants.  Or turn on testing cheats and shift click the want to fulfill it and make it roll to something else.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: 2005 September 18, 07:41:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

re: Things stay here shrub global

IIRC, I think all that does is just make it so the refridgerator stays, because otherwise it won't for some reason. I don't think the global package really does anything else, but Inge would be the one to ask on that.

The patch is because if you have a fridge on the lot when you use the shrub to make things stayable, the fridge gets that no-cooking bug.  The patch overrides a BHAV in fridge globals that stops cooking if the fridge is marked to stay on the lot.  No idea what the design decision was!

But you don't need the patch if you are prepared to buy a new fridge after using the shrub.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2005 September 18, 09:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Running looks to be a lot faster than vampire flying.  Like Xav said, it would be useful for lazier Sims who don't run.

Don't call a vampire during the day (7 AM to 7 PM) as they complain about being called when the sun is up and their relationship with you will plummet (although your relationship with them won't take a hit).  You can call a vampire after midnight just fine, as you would expect.  Something to think about for the phone hack Pescado.

Basically, vampires need to remove all windows (including doors with glass) if they intend to be awake during the daylight hours.  Even with all windows removed the needs seem to go down faster than normal during daylight.  This is balanced by the needs not dropping during the night at all. 

I had one vampire Sim exercise on the weight bench most of one night and her hygiene dropped barely at all.  And expect to use that weight bench a lot if your vampire goes out to eat with anyone, as their hunger need stays full all the time which causes their fitness to go down if they eat.

Oh yes, and buy a coffin for your vampires to sleep in.  But don't sell off the bed, as you still need it for woohoo. Smiley

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Velax
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2005 September 18, 11:05:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basically, vampires need to remove all windows (including doors with glass) if they intend to be awake during the daylight hours.

Or just make sure you have an interesting basement. Wink
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2005 September 18, 12:17:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update on comm-skilling:

This works for dormies and townies, but not for downtownies.  I guess this is reasonable to expect at this point.  Where you *really* need comm-skilling is for dormies:  if you buy instruments for a dorm and your dormies play them, at least they'll get to the point where they don't make your ears bleed.  After playing a dorm through several students, there will be a lot of dormies with maxed creativity and they can really rake in the tips, which you collect. 

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2005 September 18, 13:38:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about "Nowhatsthis?"  Does it work?  That's one of the most annoying things that JMP had fixed for me, and now that it's back, well, it's annoying!  LOL
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2005 September 18, 14:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone with the Lot Debbuger noticed if their sims autonomously play kicky-bag?  My sims no longer seem to play of their own accord, they will play when ordered to though so I'm not bothered by this.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2005 September 18, 14:35:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basically, vampires need to remove all windows (including doors with glass) if they intend to be awake during the daylight hours.

Or just make sure you have an interesting basement. Wink

As guests though, they won't stay in your house when daylight hits even in a windowless basement. I had one chatting with my sim in her basement and he took off like a bat out of hell, no pun intended Wink, when daylight hit.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2005 September 18, 15:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone with the Lot Debbuger noticed if their sims autonomously play kicky-bag?  My sims no longer seem to play of their own accord, they will play when ordered to though so I'm not bothered by this.

Mine do. I have the Lot Debugger, and I took out the no indoors kicky bag hack, and they immediately went at it like it was going out of style. I'm putting the hack back in. It removes the kicky bag option altogether, but it's so annoying that I don't mind.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2005 September 18, 15:35:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok thanks, I thought something might have been wrong but perhaps they're just too busy fighting and playing on swings Cheesy
knitro
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2005 September 18, 16:37:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far the final exam fix seems to be working just fine.

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2005 September 18, 19:36:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A couple of hacks that seem to cause problems with the matchmaker:

noroadpillows - if this hack is installed, buying a love potion from the matchmaker will cause the Sim who buys it to disappear from the lot and from the icons on the left hand side of the screen (no error message, no log file)

dailygardener - causes the text of the Call Service...Matchmaker dialog to come up blank

Hope this helps.

Karen
nothingbutsims
« Reply #91 on: 2005 September 18, 20:17:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about "Nowhatsthis?"  Does it work?  That's one of the most annoying things that JMP had fixed for me, and now that it's back, well, it's annoying!  LOL

Yes, it works and from what I have seen with NL, it does not have any affect on the gameplay.

I've also been using the "Quieter Doorbell" package which is working as well, and I had my first robbery and no one woke up, which I though was unusual.  Now whether this is a fix in NL or a bug in the hack, I don't know, but I guess I'm not gonna complain.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 18, 20:26:24 by nothingbutsims » Logged
nothingbutsims
« Reply #92 on: 2005 September 18, 21:29:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone noticed if the nobabyharassment hack removes the option to hold toddlers completely, and also causes other interactions to be missing with babies? I don't have the hack myself but someone else reported this problem.
Yeah, I noticed that today.

I'm not taking it out of the game though unless it explodes or something. I can't really survive without this hack.

I hate all of the messing with the babies too, but what kind of problems does this hack cause?
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2005 September 18, 21:54:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate all of the messing with the babies too, but what kind of problems does this hack cause?
The option "hold so-and-so" is missing from toddlers. But you don't really NEED that option anyway. If you need to feed/bathe/get kid in or out of crib, you're able to hold them just by clicking on whatever object they need. Plus you can hold them by choosing kiss/play/whatever. And you're still able to teach them to walk/talk/potty train just fine.

Babies, I think, still have all their interactions available.

Other than that, it's working fine.
HelloKit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: 2005 September 18, 22:23:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't hold me to it, but the sleep clock seems to be working just fine.

I've also been using the "Quieter Doorbell" package which is working as well

Can anyone else confirm this?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2005 September 18, 23:25:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Power Idle however seems to be broken.  I had a sim on power idle, and she just went and sat down on the couch, (like she would do when theres nothing else to do)  but comfort wasn't one of her needs.   She did goto bed at one point, can't be sure if she just went or if mactorastics told her to,  she had a lot of skills bottomed out, so it might have told her too.   Still testing it tho.
If there's nothing that needs to/can be done, then this is what will happen. Comfort is not specifically addressed by Power Idle at all, it's just that sitting quietly on the couch is the default behavior when nothing else is available (because everything is met/unavailable). Power Idle does not automatically skill on its own, you have to use the Skillinator for that.

Autoyak problems

When you Auto-yack to call your friends they will walk over and pick it the phine, call a friend, talk for a few seconds, the friend seems to appear beside the phone for a second, then disappear, the sim then puts the phone down..

Attempting another call after that brings up the "Do you want to join our conversation" box, with the sim you original called.
This is a classic phone problem generally caused by resetting the game while the phone is in use. Installing an expansion pack while the phone is in use somewhere would definitely cause it! The problem will go away on its own after you mess with the phone a few times.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2005 September 18, 23:36:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[
Autoyak problems

When you Auto-yack to call your friends they will walk over and pick it the phine, call a friend, talk for a few seconds, the friend seems to appear beside the phone for a second, then disappear, the sim then puts the phone down..

Attempting another call after that brings up the "Do you want to join our conversation" box, with the sim you original called.
This is a classic phone problem generally caused by resetting the game while the phone is in use. Installing an expansion pack while the phone is in use somewhere would definitely cause it! The problem will go away on its own after you mess with the phone a few times.

I have a different problem.  Autoyak doesn't seem to be working properly for non-friends in NL.  If you call an acquaintance, the conversation continues for a few minutes only, and you have to call back several times just to have them stay on the phone long enough to become friends.  (Call...Friends seems to be working normally.)

Karen
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2005 September 19, 09:01:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a different problem.  Autoyak doesn't seem to be working properly for non-friends in NL.  If you call an acquaintance, the conversation continues for a few minutes only, and you have to call back several times just to have them stay on the phone long enough to become friends.  (Call...Friends seems to be working normally.)
The Autoyak doesn't even have an option to do this. There are three types of people you can call: Friends, family, and enemies. If you're calling someone who's none of the above, you're not using this at all. And conversations with enemies are predictably short.

nothingbutsims
« Reply #98 on: 2005 September 19, 09:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, is it determined that Autoyak is or is not working?  I really miss that hack.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2005 September 19, 09:43:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Autoyak doesn't even have an option to do this. There are three types of people you can call: Friends, family, and enemies. If you're calling someone who's none of the above, you're not using this at all. And conversations with enemies are predictably short.

Sorry, my mistake.  I must have been confusing this with the phonehack.  (I really miss that one!)

Karen
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: