More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 20:52:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  mods that do and don't work
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: mods that do and don't work  (Read 71510 times)
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: mods that do and don't work
« Reply #50 on: 2005 September 16, 17:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I heard somewhere that Nightlife got rid of the constant A+ cheering thing.  I would be interested to know if this is actually true.  Are you sure it's the hack that's working and not a feature of the game?  I'm just curious. Smiley
I know someone earlier said their teen didn't do it, but my child did. However, I do have kids who aren't doing it... Maybe it's only their first A+? That would actually be pretty cool and realistic. Also would show that *gasp* Maxis removed a design element because they listened to their fans! I'm gonna watch for this when I'm playing again.
I'm gonna leave my game hack free for a bit, make sure people are actually opening up the code to check for things that might conflict, then saying it's okay. Don't want to miss out on a feature of the game because I didn't know it was supposed to happen.
Someone said they couldn't scope out a room, I couldn't either until I had the flirt option come up on someone and used the interation to check out that individual sim for the first time. I didn't have any lightning bolts anywhere or any sign of the new attraction system at all until I used that option, then it was fine.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 September 16, 19:31:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would imaging "Scope Room" doesn't pop up until the sim in question has a gender preferance.  But I did just re-introduce some hacks and started playing Don Lothario, and he didn't have "Scope Room".  "Check this sim out" also started screwing up.  Looks like I'll have to weed out some of the hacks.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 September 16, 19:51:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah--I now have several couples with crushes on each other that I did not want them to have, from this.
I got an unwanted mutual crush from my sim buying her friend an expresso on a group outing. Errrr, didn't see that coming. It's just way, way, too easy for sims to get all kinky-minded over each other now.
siriusthinking
Asinine Airhead

Lurker since July 29, 2005!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2005 September 16, 20:19:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah--I now have several couples with crushes on each other that I did not want them to have, from this.
I got an unwanted mutual crush from my sim buying her friend an expresso on a group outing. Errrr, didn't see that coming. It's just way, way, too easy for sims to get all kinky-minded over each other now.

That happens to me and my friends all the time.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 September 16, 20:40:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was originally under "buy drink for..." which was supposed to set the crush bit (like buying a drink for someone at a bar or club).  I've asked the design team and we are going to change it.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2005 September 16, 21:26:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am getting no A+ cheering at all with kids who have previously had an A+ and I don't have the hack in anymore.  They just put their homework down and walk away, in exactly the same way as they did with the hack in.  Bearing in mind that this was presumably originally by design and not a glitch (as I think it was). maybe it bodes well for getting rid of some of the other ridiculous actions, such as Sims constantly calling to say "Where have you been".  This really does drive me insane.  As I've said before, I don't mind the other features the hack gets rid of, but I can't cope with this.  It's absolutely stupid and they really need to remove it.  Once in a while OK, that happens in real life, but not call after call after call.  They all seem to come around 6pm, so I don't let my Sims answer the phone at that time anymore.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
noname
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 September 17, 00:43:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I find that after installing NL, if I try to place a new bathroomusesyou toilet paper anywhere, I cannot rotate it, regardless of wheter or not moveobjects is on or off. turning it with the greater than/less than keys doesn't work either.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 September 17, 00:55:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi I have found that the no 20K hand out works.
I think I said earlier that the no influnce obbision works I think now that it does not seem to be working I am still getting a lot of influnce wants I am going to remove it.
amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 September 17, 02:15:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ari - who I know lurks here, so I hope she doesn't mind - posted this list at the livejournal TS2 community. I don't think anyone else has mentioned it yet.

The StayThingsShrub doens't mess up the game, but one house I tried to use it in was left totally empty after moveout. So test it on a house you don't care about in your game before you trust it. After that episode, I decided to move it into the "doesn't work" category.

TeleporterShrubPlus works for "make me a townie" and apparently the "adopt out baby" feature works -- at least the baby disappeared off the lot. I didn't check to see if it was adoptable, though. The "teleport in" function works fine, as does the "clear" function.

For every King, there is a Queen ....
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 September 17, 02:30:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

re: noinfluence hack.

That one never seemed to work right for me even before NL, I still always got those damned influence wants all the time.  Tongue

re: things stay here shrub

There's another way to keep all your furniture when you move out. You can do 'changelotzoning dorm', save, move the sims out into the family bin, then go into the lot and do changelotzoning residential'. Note that the sims then will NOT get the value of the furniture, but if you jot down the full value of the lot they were in before they moved out you can always kaching it back to them. It requires a little more steps than the shrub, but it works.

Also with NL you can put any furniture in you inventory. You could even stash all the furniture in the house in a sim's inventory before they move out, it will just be tedious as all hell to place them all one by one. Shocked

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005 September 17, 03:10:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if the death fix is need anymore or do we still need it

I have found that the no automony compter games work.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 September 17, 05:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nostrangerdance removes the "Dance Together" interaction altogether.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: 2005 September 17, 08:14:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another thing I tend to do if I want to keep the furniture in the house is I use the teleporter to move in the new occupants before the old ones leave.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2005 September 17, 10:33:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Comm skilling appears to work.  I didn't test it thoroughly, but it appeared to work normally and didn't crash.

Manual navigation works too, except for two new vampire modes of locomotion:  stalk here and fly here.  The moves just cancel out, nothing crashes.

FFS Lot Debugger seems to work, at least the stuff I tried.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
nothingbutsims
« Reply #64 on: 2005 September 17, 17:42:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, payatbox is working fine for me.

Hmm, but how does payathebox handle other mail NL adds like letters and free dinner coupons?

Payatbox will only pay your bills.  It does not handle the letters or free dinner coupons - just leaves them in your mailbox.  So, if you want the free dinner coupons, don't use the hack.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2005 September 17, 18:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ended up with 8 "Made Dean's List" memories while using the nodeanspam hack (not sure if the A+ one works) and the sshack causes blank car dialogue boxes, like when it asks if you're sure you want to get a car alarm installed. The yes/no buttons still show but the text box is blank. Also with the ffsdebugger, when I selected "Clear Offworld Loiters", instead of getting the "Fixed X Objects" dialogue, I got the same dialogue that comes up with the randomize Sim generator option ("this will quit without saving, do you want to continue?"). There was no confirmation box or anything, it was just displaying the wrong dialogue.

Motoki, are your Sims' influence bars empty or full when you're getting the influence wants? I don't care for that aspect of the game and leave all of my Sims' influence bars full and haven't gotten any influence-related wants. The only time I get them is when the meters are between 0-50% full and 50-100% full.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2005 September 17, 20:02:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone noticed if the nobabyharassment hack removes the option to hold toddlers completely, and also causes other interactions to be missing with babies? I don't have the hack myself but someone else reported this problem.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2005 September 17, 22:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update Re: StayThingsShrub

This comes in two parts -- the mod file named StayThingsShrub and a "global fix" file. I think I only had the StayThingsShrub file in downloads, when I tested it the first time. Because I wasn't sure, I put both files in downloads the second time and tested it again.  It seems to be working, now. I won't completely trust it until I try it several more times, but since it was reported safe by others, and has worked for me now, I think it's probably fine. I'm very happy, since I used it regularly, in University.   Smiley

For every King, there is a Queen ....
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2005 September 17, 23:36:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only time I get them is when the meters are between 0-50% full and 50-100% full.

? So you get them all the time then...  Roll Eyes

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2005 September 18, 00:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The lot debugger works but I have found that I can not turn it around to face a direction that I want. Has any body else notice this.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2005 September 18, 00:58:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Manual navigation works too, except for two new vampire modes of locomotion:  stalk here and fly here.  The moves just cancel out, nothing crashes.
Is flying faster than running? If so, the Nightlife-updated versions of macros will default to "Fly Here" when available for vampires.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2005 September 18, 01:27:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

one more right into the list:
The lesswhiny hack kills the free-will. Every sim "jumps" whenever an autonomous action is queued. They can't do anything autonoumous.

I consider the lesswhiny to be very dangerous. Even after moving it out my Sims didn't went back to freewill. In debugging mode, there were errors over and over. I made a reinstall because of this.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2005 September 18, 01:32:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, are your Sims' influence bars empty or full when you're getting the influence wants? I don't care for that aspect of the game and leave all of my Sims' influence bars full and haven't gotten any influence-related wants. The only time I get them is when the meters are between 0-50% full and 50-100% full.

To be honest, I have no idea, but I am guessing their influence meters might be low? I really don't care for the whole influence thing and pay absolutely no attention to it other than to do it when they get those wants just to cycle them and get them out of the way.

re: Things stay here shrub global

IIRC, I think all that does is just make it so the refridgerator stays, because otherwise it won't for some reason. I don't think the global package really does anything else, but Inge would be the one to ask on that.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2005 September 18, 01:35:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is flying faster than running? If so, the Nightlife-updated versions of macros will default to "Fly Here" when available for vampires.

I'll probably get smacked for this, but will stuff like Macrotastics get updated to prevent vampires from running outside during the day? I'd rather see them drop the queue than go up in a big puff of smoke on the obstacle course (well, unless it was intentional).
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2005 September 18, 02:34:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone noticed if the nobabyharassment hack removes the option to hold toddlers completely, and also causes other interactions to be missing with babies? I don't have the hack myself but someone else reported this problem.
Yeah, I noticed that today.

I'm not taking it out of the game though unless it explodes or something. I can't really survive without this hack.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: