More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 21:56:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  mods that do and don't work
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: mods that do and don't work  (Read 71501 times)
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
Re: mods that do and don't work
« Reply #25 on: 2005 September 15, 23:34:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the romance mod like the old no jealousy mod? I have that one, and that works at least. But Im going to have to do some further testing to be sure.

Come visit us at the Gay Sims Club 2.

http://gaysimsclub2.net

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 September 15, 23:44:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, the whole ask=romance thing is stupid. Since when is it romantic to ask someone what they are afraid of?

Though I suppose the primary use ask is for dating, I can see other uses for it. I mean, if you invite a sim over as a friend, you might want to say, ask them what their fears are to see if they are afraid of parties before you throw one etc.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 September 15, 23:44:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Baby Controller doesn't seem to be working properly.  All the adults are rushing to see to the baby as they would without it, but when they get there the instruction is cancelled out, presumably by the Controller.  So it's sort of half-working, I suppose.

It's working fine for me with a toddler.  I haven't tried with a baby yet.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 September 15, 23:45:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does payatbox.package still work?  Kind of afraid to try it.

Yes, payatbox is working fine for me.

Karen
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 September 15, 23:46:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, payatbox is working fine for me.

Hmm, but how does payathebox handle other mail NL adds like letters and free dinner coupons?

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 September 16, 00:01:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, Macrotastics is working fine for me -- bathroomusesyou, skillinator, etc. all seem normal.

The autoyak seems to be OK although I haven't tried it much.  As long as that is working, I think I can live without the phonehack for a while.

Karen
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 September 16, 00:15:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can see how some questions like "Do you like what you see?" and "Hey baby, what's your sign?" could be romantic (they seem to work occasionally in RL bars anyway) but asking someone what they're into and what they like/don't like should be a neutral question that Sims can ask anyone without causing a swarm of jealous behaviors.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 September 16, 02:42:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the FFS Lot Debugger in my game still, since I had some non-Uni sims I wanted to upgrade.  I haven't tried any of it's other functions, but upgrading their want slots hasn't caused my game to explode into a big fire ball visable from space.

The "re-enable controls" function of the Lot Debugger is working fine.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 September 16, 02:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I heard somewhere that Nightlife got rid of the constant A+ cheering thing.  I would be interested to know if this is actually true.  Are you sure it's the hack that's working and not a feature of the game?  I'm just curious. Smiley

I took everything out of my downloads folder before installing NL just to be safe.  Had a teen driver herself to school, and when she came back she quietly walked into the house and put her homework down on the floor.  I had to check her school performance a couple of times to make sure I wasn't missing anything, but she still had an A+.

So maybe NL did indeed fix the constant annoying cheering.

And what's this about Ask... being romantic?  I had that same teen ask a female vampire (who I can safely assume is an adult) her interests. 
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 September 16, 03:04:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have found that no influnce wants works and no random flirts wants as well.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 September 16, 03:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Call/Friends doesn't work anymore?  How depressing...

Does Macro/Socialize/Friendly-Unfriendly-Romantic still work?
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 September 16, 08:38:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Call/Friends doesn't work anymore?  How depressing...

Don't get depressed just yet!  Call...Friends works just fine in my game.  Call...Family works too. 

Does Macro/Socialize/Friendly-Unfriendly-Romantic still work?
Yes.  Also, Socialize Friends still works.

Karen
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 September 16, 08:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

manual-navigation
Mostly.

I noticed if you que them up to run somewhere before performing a social interaction, the running usually gets bumped to second priority.

This may or may not have been only on dates and such though. I wasn't paying very close attention.
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 September 16, 09:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ari - who I know lurks here, so I hope she doesn't mind - posted this list at the livejournal TS2 community. I don't think anyone else has mentioned it yet.

A proud thread pirate.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 September 16, 09:29:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "rechargeable aspiration objects" hack is fine.  There is a small problem with the baby controller not automatically "stowing" babies in cribs.

Karen
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 September 16, 10:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The phone hack caused some problems for me..I was unable to call sims for a date...it would let me, but then the dialogue box that comes up saying rather they accept or reject was blank.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 September 16, 10:04:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ari - who I know lurks here, so I hope she doesn't mind - posted this list at the livejournal TS2 community. I don't think anyone else has mentioned it yet.

That list seems to be compatiable with what I have found so far..however..my custom food files are still working fine with the exception that some of them flash blue during the cooking process which they did not do before, but other than that..no problems.
amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 September 16, 11:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The phone hack may be a problem, I will look more into it tomorrow...there is the option to call matchmaker but after clicking it on the phone menu, nothing happens.

Another weird thing: I dont have baristas/waiters/bartenders/ maitre d's/cooks...they arent there; clicking on the podium to be seated just goes away, no action available
although there was this floating semi-invisible face I think was a bartender   Undecided

Another problem is I cant 'scope room'.

and after I drove to a Downtown lot, I couldnt click my car to go to another lot; i had to call the cab...but when I got in the cab to go home, I came back home driving the car I left with...but I was a cab   Huh

Im gunna ditch everything and try adding them one by one: something is causing this weird stuff cause it didnt occur without CC enabled.

one good thing is the voodoo bottle & merolas multi painting seem to work

Christianlov's NPCs (cooktop, pool_controller, and template) cause the matchmaker call to fail. I have no idea why, but I painstakenly narrowed it down to just those mods (the September 27, 2005 version -- not sure if the new version does it, too). Nothing else was in Downloads or SavedSims, so it was definitely those mods.

For every King, there is a Queen ....
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 September 16, 11:27:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sad I have found that the mod easybreakup is not working there is no option to breakup took it out and it was back. also I think there is a problem with the no assigment litter I noticed a dormy try do do an assignment it was invisable and when she put it on the table she went to sit down and then popped accross the other of the chair and stood for a second and then walked off.
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2005 September 16, 14:26:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And what's this about Ask... being romantic?  I had that same teen ask a female vampire (who I can safely assume is an adult) her interests. 

Between Romantic-Allowed Age Brackets,  it will kick a relationship from platonic to romantic, if relationship's high enough. I had Katelyn Roomies (Adult) ask  her good friend  Kaylynn Langerak "What are your skills" , and they instantly fell in love with one another.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 September 16, 14:56:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I wasn't expecting "what skills do you have?" to cause my Sim to develop a crush. I didn't bother with any of the other questions after that.

The same thing happened to me. Mod it! Mod it! *roll*
katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 September 16, 15:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah--I now have several couples with crushes on each other that I did not want them to have, from this. They didn't fall in love though, and I think at least one couple had a high enough LTR to fall in love. So at least there's no memory and I can delete the crush with SimPE, because they aren't even attracted to each other, so the crush is really very silly.

I also realized how awesome the romance mod is the first time I had a guy take two separate women on dates. The instant he got downtown with the second one, the one from the night before (who was of course on the lot) slapped the bejesus out of him. Stupid, stupid, stupid--he hadn't DONE anything with #2, he had only just arrived with her, and while yes they were on a date, it's not like he was committed to the other girl--they only went out once, and had a mutual crush, so -- really, from 100/40 to -30/-30? Give me a break. At least before NL, community lots were dead boring so I never took any sims there, and it was easy to be careful of who saw you when you were at home. Now, it's impossible, since you get slapped silly before you've even touched the second girl. And the "caught cheating" memory! Argh! You caught your LOVE? You met him yesterday! AND now Girl #1 goes to Girl #2's house to knock over her trash can...every single night! Girl #2, who has 0/0 relationship with Girl #1, has no idea what her problem is. So very silly...

Hope the romance mod is one of the early ones to be compatibilized...and that a brand new EB Games or something has opened somewhere in Montana so we don't all have to wait for the pony express...
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 September 16, 16:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The no jelousy at all mod works fine as something to use for a while.

No problems with it and played a few hours whorering it up in downtown and at home. A little extreme but kind of funny to public woo hoo 4 people in the photo booth while on a date with a 5th sim.

I also have had no problems with any critical fix other than the amnesia.

Any of the woo hoo mods break nightlife though, the phone hack causes errors when sims call you if you miss a date and messes up phone options. So I currently am playing "buy a phone when I want to make a call" and just using boolprop to keep relationships at what I would normally keep them.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 September 16, 16:22:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, Macrotastics is working fine for me -- bathroomusesyou, skillinator, etc. all seem normal.

Yep, those seem to be working...but College-Rampage won't even queue up.  Undecided
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 September 16, 16:39:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if it was College Rampage, No Assignment Litter, or maybe another hack, but something funky always used to happen in my dorms.  All of the chairs in the dorm would become unuseable.  And when you went into Buy Mode it said the object was in use.  So I had to use Moveobjects On to sell them and get new chairs.  In one dorm it got to the point where everyone started eating while standing up.  It hasn't happened since I've taken out all my hacks for the moment.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: