More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 22:45:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pillow Fight Obsession
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pillow Fight Obsession  (Read 14728 times)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Pillow Fight Obsession
« Reply #25 on: 2006 September 20, 16:03:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ABGX -- hmm, the A is 'admire', and the G is 'gossip', but I can't figure out what the other two are...

Wait, I just got B -- that would be 'bust a move'?  So X would be friendly hug, maybe?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 September 20, 16:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I Heart Bust a Move. Much better relationship builder than jokes and hugs.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 September 20, 16:52:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah...if only it didn't look so gosh darned stooopid when they did it.

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 September 20, 17:03:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, I just got B -- that would be 'bust a move'?  So X would be friendly hug, maybe?
X is "something else". The original loop was just ABG, but Maxis changed it as of NL or OFB, and made so cycles had to be 4-moves instead of 3.  Friendly Hug would fill in for X, but it's a slightly dodgy interaction with much higher prerequisites than the previous 3, so is not reliable. Joke is serviceable also, but it's very low-yield and mildly slow, making it only filler material. There is not currently an obvious uber-move that is either extremely fast or provides high +rel, especially +LTR, with the same rel requirements and acceptance as the old ABG.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 September 20, 18:21:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The original loop was just ABG, but Maxis changed it as of NL or OFB, and made so cycles had to be 4-moves instead of 3.  Friendly Hug would fill in for X, but it's a slightly dodgy interaction with much higher prerequisites than the previous 3, so is not reliable. Joke is serviceable also, but it's very low-yield and mildly slow, making it only filler material. There is not currently an obvious uber-move that is either extremely fast or provides high +rel, especially +LTR, with the same rel requirements and acceptance as the old ABG.

It changed as of OFB.  I was playing with just NL for the longest time, and noticed that AutoSoc uses a 4-move cycle.  Before seeing the light that is Macrotastics, I always used ABG by clicky finger, you see.  Under NL, it always niggled at me that AutoSoc was slightly less efficient than I.

Not that I think this is worth the overhead of tweaking the NL version of AutoSoc, but I do note with some satisfaction that some Awesome hacks play less awesome-ly than I.  Kiss
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 September 21, 02:02:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no NL-specific version of AutoSoc, all versions of the game use a unified AutoSoc.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 September 21, 20:09:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mis-wrote.  I knew there was no NL-specific AutoSoc when I installed OFB, because if there were, I know you would have coded NL-AutoSoc to use a 3-move cycle, and OFB-AutoSoc to use the 4-move.

Having a unified AutoSoc saves maintenance overhead for MATY, but makes the hack slightly less efficient in the NL-only game regime.  It's a small but noticeable difference, only because Awesome hacks are above all, incredibly efficient.  Wink
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 September 22, 08:29:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a hack somewhere that stomps the want to pillow fight? I don't see how it could possibly be replaced by a stupider want.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Baron
Tyyppi
Horrible Halfwit

Even more arrows in knees!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 September 22, 11:43:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a want like that? I don't think I've ever seen it, but then again my memory sucks. In any case pillow fight is just horrible. Sims are always trying to beat the crap out of each other with pillows. Now if they would play something like "knife tag" or "chainsaw massacre" every now and then...

Frankenbeasley
The Preacher
Uncouth Undesirable

Diabolic Avocado

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 September 22, 11:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a hack somewhere that stomps the want to pillow fight? I don't see how it could possibly be replaced by a stupider want.
There is definitely a more stupid want. That is when my Sim pulls out their mobile phone to fulfill the "Call X to Chat" want and has it replaced by the "Buy a Mobile Phone" want because their mobile is no longer in their inventory. I guess that's my fault for sending a single Sim to buy mobiles for the whole household. However, just because I'm stupid doesn't mean my Sims' behaviour isn't.

Not dead but gone by four.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 September 22, 15:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate that want, it takes too much time to fulfill the want and my date meter is ticking!

(Although it is kinda nice when I get "Play With" and "Pillow Fight With" on both of my sims at the same time during a date, that makes the bar go up really fast.)

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 September 22, 17:05:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is definitely a more stupid want. That is when my Sim pulls out their mobile phone to fulfill the "Call X to Chat" want and has it replaced by the "Buy a Mobile Phone" want because their mobile is no longer in their inventory. I guess that's my fault for sending a single Sim to buy mobiles for the whole household. However, just because I'm stupid doesn't mean my Sims' behaviour isn't.
This can be fixed by each sim having two mobiles instead of one. As an added bonus, it also allows you to queue up multiple phone calls.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 September 26, 08:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think one of my gizmo wants hacks fixes the "want a phone the moment I have one in hand".

On the other hand, maybe they should want one because having two enables them to queue a call while on the phone.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: