More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:36:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sim unable to clear plates....
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim unable to clear plates....  (Read 4774 times)
Braveheart
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Sim unable to clear plates....
« on: 2006 September 15, 14:32:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a sim that is unable to clear empty dinner plates. The only option available to the sim is to 'Lick Clean'. I used the stuck object remover on the plate but all subsequent plates are still not able to be cleaned up. I even removed my whole hack folder and went in and tried again. Still stuck.Any help appreciated.
KittKitt
Garrulous Gimp

Blarg! Er, I mean, Meow?

View Profile
Re: Sim unable to clear plates....
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 15, 14:37:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a sim that is unable to clear empty dinner plates. The only option available to the sim is to 'Lick Clean'. I used the stuck object remover on the plate but all subsequent plates are still not able to be cleaned up. I even removed my whole hack folder and went in and tried again. Still stuck.Any help appreciated.

I've never seen a lick clean option, so either I've got something that's been in my game since practically day 1 preventing it that I don't know of, or you've still got some kind of hack floating around someplace would be my guess.

Does this only happen with one particular sim or several, or...?

-Kitt

Normally, my spiffy avatar-matched banner-thingy goes here.  Since no one else here seems to use those though, and I have nothing particularly witty to add, this space has been intentionally left (not entirely) blank.
Braveheart
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 15, 14:39:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi KittKitt,
  It seems to be an issue only in the one house.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 15, 14:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen a lick clean option, so either I've got something that's been in my game since practically day 1 preventing it that I don't know of, or you've still got some kind of hack floating around someplace would be my guess.

Only very sloppy sims can lick clean plates.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
KittKitt
Garrulous Gimp

Blarg! Er, I mean, Meow?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 15, 14:44:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, now that I've thought a bit more... I think Lick Clean might be one of those options only open to sloppy sims.  I wouldn't have seen it recently because I have a minimum level of neat I create these days probably.

Or so I'm guessing for the now anyways.

Now then... other things that may have happened..  Check the condition of your sinks/dishwasher.  I'm only guessing here, but if those have broken or become clogged it's possible that option might become unavailable.

Easy way to check would be just sell whatever's there and buy a new one.

Outside that or a conflicting hack-a-ma-thingy, I'm not sure what'd cause that though.  May have to wait for someone more awesome than I for a better answer if none of that's any help.  Sad

-Kitt

Normally, my spiffy avatar-matched banner-thingy goes here.  Since no one else here seems to use those though, and I have nothing particularly witty to add, this space has been intentionally left (not entirely) blank.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 15, 14:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This problem has been raised before here - I did a search on 'clean plates' and found several topics, including this topic and this topic.

Unfortunately neither topic has the solution for you, but you might find them useful reading anyway.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 15, 15:01:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even if there are no sinks or dishwashers on the lot, the sim should put the plates in the trashcan.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 September 15, 15:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the same issue twice (different households).  It always has resolved itself though I have no idea why.  I did delete the dishes, table, groups.cache file and exited from the lot. 

Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 September 15, 17:53:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happens to me frequently in some of my households.  I already replied to one of the other threads methinks but I'll post what I do anyways.

The sim that can't pick up the plate I just delete with moveobjects on and re-enter the household.  This fixes it everytime.  It can be a hassle but I don't think there is a fix for it yet.

I'm quite sure the reason it happens is when a sim is saved on a community lot while still eating it gets stuck somehow.  I'm no expert but at least that's what seems to be the cause with stuck plates.

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
Braveheart
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 September 15, 20:00:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried deleting the Groups.cache with no success. I will now try Issy's solution and will see if that works. Thanks for all your help again people. I will let you know if Issy's idea works.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 September 15, 20:16:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have the testing cheat at on, you can also shift+click on the defective sim and force error on it and hit reset.

Will do the trick too.

I did a long post about this problem awhile ago that Kyna pointed you too, Pescado is looking into it but I have no idea if he can do a fix for that since I did not have any update:  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,4248.0.html
Braveheart
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 September 15, 20:36:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Issy's solution worked. Thank you so much.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: