More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 22:22:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  So what's been fixed in NL
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: So what's been fixed in NL  (Read 232885 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: So what's been fixed in NL
« Reply #350 on: 2005 September 19, 04:11:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And can anyone tell me (I'm new here and kinda slow sometimes) where to get Sim PE and how to use it to delete the fifty million extra deliviery guys that corrupted my one lot?
You bring up some good points. 

You can get SimPE here:  http://sims.ambertation.de/index.shtml
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 2005 September 19, 04:47:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

one more thing to add about nightlife, if anyone can confirm this would be great. cause if it is really a bug, maybe it's included in the patch:

WooHooing in the photo booth doesn't create a memory. both sims were virgins and neither of them got the "first time ever" or the "first time with this sim" memories.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 19, 11:52:55 by linolino » Logged
MistressBoleyn
Asinine Airhead

la reine sans tete

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 2005 September 19, 04:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

one more thing to add about nightlife, if anyone can confirm this would be great. cause if it is really a bug, maybe it's included in the patch:

WooHooing in the photo booth doesn't create a memory. booth sims were virgins and neither of them got the "first time ever" or the "first time with this sim" memories.

Same here.  Had a sim woohoo with 2 different sims in the car and another in the photo booth, and still kept getting the "woohoo with 3 different sims' want.  Sure enough, there was no memory of the photo booth woohoo.  Strange, you'd have thought it would create quite the memory, seeing as every damn sim in the bowling alley (including Bella) was standing outside cheering them on. Wink

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."
- Frank Lloyd Wright
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 2005 September 19, 05:51:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure enough, there was no memory of the photo booth woohoo.

My sims woohoo'd in the photo booth and got a "public woohoo" memory.  It still talked about how much fun clothes shopping was though.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 2005 September 19, 07:07:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Babies: Babies can't age transition if hunger or hygiene is low.

Ok, this is the first time I've heard of this one.  If this is true it would explain a lot of problems people have with getting their babies to transition into toddlers.  Thanks for the info.

Uni career LTW: As a note, forcing me to have, raise, and marry off six children is controlling my gameplay a lot more than forcing me to send the kid to college would be.

Family Sims can get a want to graduate THREE children from college.  So what's worse, sending a single Sim to college so he can get into a career that's only available to college grads, or having to have three children, raise them, and play them all through to graduation before the parent can get their LTW?

Overdue pregnancies: I have never heard of anyone else getting this, but it is consistent enough that I am sure it's a bug, related to my style of play.  I play my houses in rotation, and save each at approximately midnight on the same day of the week (I'm a bit anal retentive).  So, for example, if Aiyana is in the last stage of pregnancy when I save her lot on Monday at midnight, by midnight on Tuesday the baby will not have been born.  This error has about a 99.9% reproducibility rate on my system.  If the baby has still not been born by midnight on Wednesday, I can exit the lot (saving also) and immediately re-enter, which causes the baby to be born within an hour.

Well, I *am* anal retentive enough to keep track of when the transitions are due. Smiley  It turns out that the transitions come 25 hours apart, not 24.  So if you have houses where the last transition was near midnight and only play for 24 hours, you might not play long enough for the final transition to having the baby born. This could explain why your babies are born after playing for another hour.

And if the game is saved between the time you hear the lullaby and the time the first bump appears, then the game is reloaded, it's likely that when you reaload the lot your newly pregnant Sim will die.  This includes both saving and exiting the lot and sending someone to a community lot during this period, which also saves the game.  Many people have given the advice not to save before the first bump shows.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #355 on: 2005 September 19, 07:47:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Visiting sims hiding in dorm rooms needs to be fixed.  I understand it adds challenge to the Greek thing, but in all other visitors it's annoying without purpose.  And if the dormie the room belongs to happens to go to class (thus locking the door)  before you coax your friend out, you have lost them until their needs bottom out and they leave.

In the meantime I have a hacked door at Simlogical that you can use to separate off the bedroom wing.  It only allows young adults and NPCs through.  So at least if your visitors are friends or family from your home neighbourhood you won't lose them into dormie rooms.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 2005 September 19, 07:50:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think we had a hack, "No Disappearing In Dorms", which disallows non-dormies from disappearing into rooms, never to be heard from again. It may or may not still function.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 2005 September 19, 07:53:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if the game is saved between the time you hear the lullaby and the time the first bump appears, then the game is reloaded, it's likely that when you reaload the lot your newly pregnant Sim will die.  This includes both saving and exiting the lot and sending someone to a community lot during this period, which also saves the game.  Many people have given the advice not to save before the first bump shows.

That's interesting. I save every simday at 0600 hours, plus once or twice maybe during the day if there are important events. I've had many pregnant sims and never had one die. I have also re-installed the game countless times, so I haven't just got lucky. I wonder if there are other factors that influence this outcome, given that many have commented that they've had pregnant sims die mysterious deaths.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2005 September 19, 08:09:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Newly pregnant sims only die if the game is saved and realoaded.  Simply saving the game isn't enough to trigger the bug.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2005 September 19, 08:15:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Overdue pregnancies: I have never heard of anyone else getting this, but it is consistent enough that I am sure it's a bug, related to my style of play.  I play my houses in rotation, and save each at approximately midnight on the same day of the week (I'm a bit anal retentive).  So, for example, if Aiyana is in the last stage of pregnancy when I save her lot on Monday at midnight, by midnight on Tuesday the baby will not have been born. 
I've had this problem since the original game came out.

If I go too long without playing a house with a pregnant woman in it, she'll never give birth. I have to use boolprop to speed up the pregnancy.

Also, if I save the game while she's in the second trimester, and don't play that house for awhile, when I go back in that house, sometimes  she'll be full third-trimester fat when I go back in.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 2005 September 19, 08:32:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's all so, erm, so mysterious, is what it is, this sim dying mysteriously during pregnancy business. I've saved and reloaded before the first bump, only Darleen Dreamer died, but Darren was able to successfully plead for her. Apart from sticking to the no-visits-to-community-lots-till-the-baby-is-born rule, I've saved and reloaded during trimesters. I got an overdue pregnancy recently, sim won't give birth for about 3 days, panicked, used TOL&D to speed up her pregnancy and still nothing happened. Went back to a backup and played the lot all over again, except I played till she delivered before I left the lot.

Edit: On the subject of pregnancies, what about the one where it's a fake? You know, sim goes to work so not pregnant, but comes home with a very pregnant belly even though she never tried for a baby? I had this problem once, last year pre-Uni, but haven't had it since. Read about other people having had the same problem, but I didn't follow through to find out what caused fake pregnancies. Anyone has any insight?
« Last Edit: 2005 September 19, 08:42:51 by CuriousSpurious » Logged
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #361 on: 2005 September 19, 09:56:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing that seems to be fixed is that the fridges used to be unusable after using the stay-objects shrub, so I had to make a patch to fix fridges.  With NL they seem to work ok after using the shrub without the patch.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 2005 September 19, 10:32:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Newly pregnant sims only die if the game is saved and realoaded.  Simply saving the game isn't enough to trigger the bug.

Yes, I have reloaded lots with pregnant sims many times also. I don't always play a whole pregnancy, when I leave a family it's nearly always at 0600, I find it easier when I haven't played a lot in a while to have them all wake up in their own beds etc.

So I'll leave a lot whether or not a sim is pregnant, never known I shouldn't, not had problems to date *touching wood*. I don't use the inseminator ar any woohoo or pregnancy hacks from anyone.

In fact I'm about to load a lot where the sims is about to have her third baby (that damn 'graduate 3 children' want) ...

MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2005 September 19, 11:31:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have also never, ever seen the choking death.  I also never, ever send sims to community lots.  It's a waste of time since the advent of Pescado's clothing tool.  The theory that has to do with leaving the lot pregnant seems more likely than the one about saving and reloading, since I have quiet pregnancy installed and half the time I'm not even aware they are pregnant until she bumps out.   Undecided
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 2005 September 19, 11:56:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure enough, there was no memory of the photo booth woohoo.

My sims woohoo'd in the photo booth and got a "public woohoo" memory.  It still talked about how much fun clothes shopping was though.
ok, was that in a community lot?
i think it creates the public wohoo memory since it is in the community lot, however i haven't got the "first time woohoo" memories for a sim when using the photo booth. so if your sim is virgin you may get the puclic woohoo memory, then when that saim gets home and woohoo in bed, he/shee will get the "first time ever" memory after the public woohoo..
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 2005 September 19, 12:07:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I have reloaded lots with pregnant sims many times also. I don't always play a whole pregnancy, when I leave a family it's nearly always at 0600, I find it easier when I haven't played a lot in a while to have them all wake up in their own beds etc.

So I'll leave a lot whether or not a sim is pregnant, never known I shouldn't, not had problems to date *touching wood*. I don't use the inseminator ar any woohoo or pregnancy hacks from anyone.

In fact I'm about to load a lot where the sims is about to have her third baby (that damn 'graduate 3 children' want) ...

Well it's by no means 100%, at least it wasn't for me, but I have had it happen 3 times to me and not just for pregnant sims either. It can happen to any sick sim, so cold, flu, food poisoning, myster disease from the science reward etc are also sims you may want to avoid sending to community lots or going to play other lots until they get better.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 2005 September 19, 12:18:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Motoki, I'll certainly keep that in mind... though I've never seen this choking death...  Wink

MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 2005 September 19, 17:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Tom,

if you are still around do you think you guys could consider some patch for the homework to desk issue, they only recognize the oldest desk for some reason. You could five desks and they will forever only put the homework on the oldest desk (i.e. one desk and one desk only) It seems to me if the first desk is in use the next sim should search for the next available desk or surface for that matter rather than put it on top of the other homework on the desk or on the floor.

I realize this is concerning the base game but...well could you think about it?

I think I'm going to try to get another web form up on the official site for people to submit bugs.  It's getting a bit hard trying to cruise the forums on the multitude of websites.
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 2005 September 19, 17:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1 - ok so, i had exactly that bug. i just noticed it yesterday, i placed some counters against the wall, and the sims who ate on the islands couldn't take their plates to wash them.

2 - There is still the bug of the photobooth not giving woohoo memories for first time with a sim and first time ever..
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 2005 September 19, 17:21:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried to go through this entire thread, so pardon me please if this repeats something someone else has already said.

The following are Maxis design issues, not bugs per se:

My problem is the quirky way that counter islands have been programmed to work.  They should have been programmed to be islands only or islands/snackbars, not an unworkable mixture of both.

As islands, these counters work perfectly, but as snackbars, they do not.  The problem: dishes can be placed onto the islands from both sides of the counter, however, they can only be removed from the non-seating side.  This makes no sense.  When these counters are placed against the wall, Sims can serve food quite welll.  Yet, after they are done eating, the dishes cannot be cleaned up.  The dishes will sit and molder forever unless the "move objects on" cheat is used to clean them up.

Again, this doesn't make sense.  As someone who is very into the design aspect of this game, a working, logical and flexible kitchen layout is important to me. Properly working island counters are a big part of that.   I would love to see this corrected in the patch.

IN addition, would it be possible in CAS to zoom in or out on Sims as close or as far as you'd like without needing to change modes?

In other words, when picking clothes for a Sim in CAS, you can only zoom in up to a certain point.  When choosing accessories, you can only zoom out up to a certain point.  These distinctions between modes are unneccessary.  If a player is allowed to zoom all the way out and all the way in in both clothing and accessory modes of CAS, s/he could be able to see all the wonderful accessories that are being created such as earrings, purses, etc.  Without having to shift modes.

For example, creators have made purses and watches (all kinds of lovely things) for our Sims.  When picking one in the accessory section, you can't see it or determine if it's the one you want without coming out of the accessory mode because you can't zoom out enough.  (I hope that sentence made sense Smiley  )  If you've picked the incorrect item, back you have to go into accessory mode to choose another, then back out again to see if it's the one that you want.  This becomes very tiresome,  I can tell you.  As well, it feeds into the problem that I mentioned before about trying to find items in CAS because they keep switching around.

-- Cynna

As for the counters and other bugs, I'm going to try to get an official bug web form up so you can post your concerns there.

There is a file My Docs\Ea Games\The Sims 2\Cameras\CASCamera.txt that you can tweak so that the zoom level and what not change in CAS.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 2005 September 19, 20:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's interesting. I save every simday at 0600 hours, plus once or twice maybe during the day if there are important events. I've had many pregnant sims and never had one die. I have also re-installed the game countless times, so I haven't just got lucky. I wonder if there are other factors that influence this outcome, given that many have commented that they've had pregnant sims die mysterious deaths.

I read this somewhere and have been TRYING to duplicate the pregnant death thing, but I have not had any deaths caused by:
1) Saving and exiting during the first day of pregnancy, then playing the lot at another time.
2) Sending another family member to a community lot during a pregnant sim's first 24 hours of pregnancy.
3) Sending the pregnant sim to a community lot during the first day of pregnancy.

I have, however, had one or two that didn't get the first bump when they should have.  So I loaded another lot of a friend of the pg sim, had them invite her over, used the inSimenator to make her selectable, and after about a sim hour she popped out.  Then I made her unselectable again.  Exit, save, return to her lot, and within a sim hour she pops out.  Saves having to move her out and onto another lot so she'll have the baby.

But I have never had a pregnant sim die (and in this hood, since I read about this problem, about 30-35 pregnancies) and I have tried something with every pregnancy to see if I could get one to die.  No deaths while pg, none within hours after they have the baby.

I don't have any pregnancy hacks or do any "artificial inSimination" either.  All pregnancies are accomplished as nature intended, through woohoo.  Wink
The only thing I use the inSiminator for is to check on the status of the pregnancy.  I don't use boolprop, woolprop or any other prop (tongue thouroughly in cheek), hacks, or anything like that to make my sims pg.  In fact, I had one couple who I've had a devil of a time getting pg!  Took about 10 times trying for baby to get her knocked up!  (In fact, she's based on me, and all my ex ever had to do was hang his pants on the bedpost and I was pg.)

Oh, and I do have a couple of lots that I think are buggy and will eventually have to be bulldozed.  So I'm not even sure if its a buggy lot causing the pg death.

Probably a case of "custom content" (oh, don't start that again!)

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 2005 September 19, 20:37:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone up there said get sim preggers, save, go to neighborhood and I think and reenter (reaload - whatever that means) the lot?
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #372 on: 2005 September 19, 20:43:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With respect, Maxoid Tom, may I suggest that if you have to make things easier for yourself, that you limit yourself to 3 specific forums.

I would have thought it was more appropriate to have a two-way feedback forum on the official site?  That would be just one place then.  I still don't understand why it's easier to get the attention of a Maxis rep on a fansite than on the main site.  Not that I am complaining - it's nice to be able to chat to one wherever Cheesy

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 2005 September 19, 21:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My theory is that it's because all other less-awesome sites tend to be filled with screaming bene-beggars and it's impossible to get anything done. Also, it's pretty obvious why Maxis never gets anything done: Their employees spend 4 hours a day loitering on my site. No wonder nothing gets done. Maybe things would go faster if I banned him so he'd have to get back to work.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 2005 September 19, 21:32:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I for one can say that I have saved and reentered the lot while a sim was pregnant many many times and I've never had any of them die *knock on wood*. I seldom send my sims to a community lot so I don't know about that.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: