More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 04:37:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  So what's been fixed in NL
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: So what's been fixed in NL  (Read 232896 times)
CatGirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: So what's been fixed in NL
« Reply #275 on: 2005 September 16, 19:46:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Piano - as designed

I could understand piano playing not being fun after a while but the piano itself?

Edit: sorry, finally got down to your answer in this L O N G thread!
« Last Edit: 2005 September 17, 05:11:50 by CatGirl » Logged
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2005 September 16, 20:05:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Piano - as designed

I could understand piano playing not being fun after a while but the piano itself?

I think I posted here earlier that was my mistake--it is not as designed and we have a fix for it in the patch.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2005 September 16, 20:09:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, HatedMaxoid (or anyone else), I have this Nightlife problem...

You see, in my Sims' Memrories, all of the icons are stretched. They look pixelly and a bit blurry. It's the same for some of the Career Wants/Fears, and also for the example Wants in CAS when picking an Aspiration.

Here's a screenshot of mine.  Notice the lips no longer fit the box.

Thanks for letting me know about this.  I've fixed it and it should be in the NL patch.
striker
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2005 September 16, 20:16:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most UN-Hated Maxoid,

I don't think i've seen where you've responded to this problem so i'll ask it.  Is there a planned fix for the Ask interactions? Seems a lot of the new interactions are giving crushes without us meaning for the target to have them. 

Also, you have to do a "low level flirt" to set the gender preference.  Doesn't this set the crush also?  I think there should be a way to set gender preference without having to worry about jealousy.

Thanks
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 2005 September 16, 20:24:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most UN-Hated Maxoid,

I don't think i've seen where you've responded to this problem so i'll ask it.  Is there a planned fix for the Ask interactions? Seems a lot of the new interactions are giving crushes without us meaning for the target to have them. 

Also, you have to do a "low level flirt" to set the gender preference.  Doesn't this set the crush also?  I think there should be a way to set gender preference without having to worry about jealousy.

Thanks

There is no jealousy in "Check Out" and that will set the sim's gender preference.

As for all the Ask interactions giving crushes or what not, I might need a list.  Perhaps you could post at the official BBS using the bug form all the Ask socials that do this "improperly."
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #280 on: 2005 September 16, 21:34:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now for the "Have 100 first dates" lifetime want... This one gotta be the most impossible want of them all.... that one i sure thik should be a lot less... maybe 50 first Dates, because the date doesnt have to be good, just to be first.

I made another Pleasure Seeker today and she got the First Dates LTW, but in her case it was 50, not 100.  Are you sure yours was 100, because if it was that means there are two, one twice as many as the other, which seems a bit strange. 

Oh and Lilolilo (or was it Linolino?  Yes, I think it was) ... anyway, I totally agree with you, but I would because it was me raised the topic in the first place.  The more I think about this, the more unfair it seems.  Are we to assume that we will be subjected to this with every expansion?  Is that why nobody can be turned on or off by zombies, just in case the player doesn't have Uni?  So, when the next expansion comes out, what will be ignored?  Zombies, new careers, Uni-related stuff, vampires, turn ons/offs ... see the problem?  There has to be something done so that the game makes allowance for those who don't have the relevant expansion so that those with it can enjoy the game to its fullest.

And, let's face it, chances are it's the minority who don't have them all.  So why ignore the majority in favour of the minority?  I really do think thes new career LTW's should be added to the upcoming patch.  Our gameplay is seriously spoilt because they're not in there.  Also, we need more turn ons/offs.  Not only zombies, but what about aliens?  I also expected things like "Knowledge Sims", "Educated Sims", "Uneducated Sims", "Abducted Sims", "Sims with cars" "Rich Sims" ... the possibilities are endless.  It's a GREAT addition, but it's far too limited. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2005 September 16, 21:59:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally I think it's much safer to not intertwine the EPs too much. In my opinion the idea of a new EP should mean NEW unrelated content not just an add-on or building off the previous EP. I think it's easier to build off the base game, expansion by expansion than it is to build one EP off another. The base game is the foundation, but if you had each EP as the foundation of the next then the whole thing would fall apart pretty quickly. Not sure if I made sense there…but the possibilities are endless, and at some point you have to cut down the amount of ideas on each expansion or you would never make progress or get an EP finished. Personally I appreciate the idea of not having to own every single EP, but rather just the base game. I would actually be pretty ticked if the only way I could get Nightlife or Business EP or whatever is if I owned the base and Uni and every expansion in between. Sure a lot of people may want to own them all, but I still think it should always first and foremost be each persons choice to own them all or not. Of course it would be an incentive if as they do on many console games owners of the previous EP/title got a little something extra in the next EP.

My personal concern is making sure that the base game is as bug free as it can possibly get. I certainly don't mind waiting a year or more between sequels etc, I already do this with platform games for the console…and books.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2005 September 16, 22:04:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most UN-Hated Maxoid,

Thanks

We just fixed for the NL patch:
WhatAreYouGoodAt
WhatsYourJob
WhatsYourSign
WhatsYourTurnOnOff
WhatsYourWealth
MaxisManiac
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2005 September 16, 22:08:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, UnhatedMaxoid. Oh, and thanks Posie for posting that screenshot. At least I'm not alone.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2005 September 16, 22:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just because each expansion pack is a separate foundation, doesn't mean that they can't rely on what's there in earlier expansion packs...

just look at sims 1 - you could have any or all of the expansion packs with no problems at all - if house party was installed when hot date went in, the house party content would be used in creating the downtown lots - same with unleashed - if it was installed, unleashed content would be used in creating both the downtown and vacation lots.  Also the dates in sims 1 - when you had vacation, you had the option of vacation dates, taking dates to old town when you had unleashed - different spells in makin' magic depending on whether you had unleashed or superstar...  there's always been cool little things that have popped up as the expansion packs interact, and I'm really hoping that this will continue in sims 2.  If each expansion pack is completely unrelated, then things will get very boring, very quickly - the interest often comes from seeing how later expansion packs build on what's already there and expand the entire game - otherwise your young adults in uni shouldn't be able to go on dates!

I still can't see the problem with having life time wants of uni careers - without uni, you don't have life time wants!  unless, night life will be giving non-uni people life time wants, in which case, surely there can be a check on which careers are available as it decides life time want?!
MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 2005 September 16, 23:10:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: MokeyHokey on Today at 11:22:47 AM
boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled [true/false]

Hum.. strange. this should work, it works for me when in community lot, however i haven't tested it with NL.

But I have, and it doesn't seem to work now with NL.  Undecided

We did nothing (that I am aware of) to disable this in NL.

Oh, I must qualify that!  I meant that it doesn't work as a "cheat" on downtown lots to enable buy mode.  I had to use it occasionally pre-NL to get out of a lot with the save/exit/buy/build options disabled for various reasons. Cheesy  Haven't tried to use it properly, but I'm sure it works as intended. Wink
Nadira
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2005 September 16, 23:42:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anybody mentioned the cooking skill bug yet? You know, the one where a sim with maxed cooking skill gets a chance card from work that gives them two more cooking skill points, then they go senile and forget how to cook?

I had wrongly assumed this had been fixed with University. But no, and it seems it can even happen without chance card. I had a sim with all skills 10 (his LTW) and no problems for about 2 Sim-weeks lifetime, but now  suddenly he cannot cook anymore - spontaneously! I suppose since he was mostly doing the cooking for the family, he got himself further imaginary cooking points and thus the bug appeared. I think the bug is not mentioned often because not so many people have sims with 10 cooking points with the coocurrence (is that the correct word?) of chance cards or other ways to aquire even more points. The only 2 sims I had with 10 cooking points (one Pre-EP1, one University) both lost their ability to cook after some time without chance card and there does not seem to be a cure. Perhaps there are some more people who have made this experience, even if it is a rare happening (thats why I did not report it up to now) I would like to see this bug removed - like many other bugs mentioned in this thread:
I agree especially with the bodyshopclothesremoval-, randomcrush-, piano-, memoryspam- and overflow-issues!
Nadira
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2005 September 16, 23:45:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about the ridiculous dance to accept delivery of groceries?  I get tired of that stupid delivery person walking all over the front yard while my sim either chases them down or stands like a dummy waiting to "dock" with the delivery person.

And I don't know if this is the way its always been, or if I just noticed it, but when my sims buy groceries, either by delivery or by going to community lot, they only get half of what they paid for.  On three separate lots now, with the top of the line fridges, capable of $300 storage.  Didn't matter if it was about half empty or they couldn't fix a meal due to a lack of enough food to make anything.  Just had one that was down to $3 in the fridge, bought $296 delivered, had the sim check right after putting groceries away and only have $148.  Another one went to a community lot, and I always have them check the fridge before they go so I know what they need.  Bought $200 but it only added $100 to the fridge total.

EDIT:  Or is it because there's a baby in the house?  I never thought that there might be space taken up for baby bottles and food.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 16, 23:57:22 by ElviraGoth » Logged

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 2005 September 16, 23:56:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally I think it's much safer to not intertwine the EPs too much. In my opinion the idea of a new EP should mean NEW unrelated content not just an add-on or building off the previous EP. I think it's easier to build off the base game, expansion by expansion than it is to build one EP off another. The base game is the foundation, but if you had each EP as the foundation of the next then the whole thing would fall apart pretty quickly. Not sure if I made sense there…but the possibilities are endless, and at some point you have to cut down the amount of ideas on each expansion or you would never make progress or get an EP finished. Personally I appreciate the idea of not having to own every single EP, but rather just the base game. I would actually be pretty ticked if the only way I could get Nightlife or Business EP or whatever is if I owned the base and Uni and every expansion in between. Sure a lot of people may want to own them all, but I still think it should always first and foremost be each persons choice to own them all or not. Of course it would be an incentive if as they do on many console games owners of the previous EP/title got a little something extra in the next EP.

My personal concern is making sure that the base game is as bug free as it can possibly get. I certainly don't mind waiting a year or more between sequels etc, I already do this with platform games for the console…and books.
Look people, you are all too excited and not thinking right. This thing about the interacting EPs is not this complicated.
If a EP has features dependant of previous EPs, it does't mean the you NEED that previuous EP;
NL could have turn ons and turn offs related to UNI, and it wouldn't be necessary for a player to own UNI.
The game could just make a check to see if the UNI EP is installed. if it is, it will show the adequate turn-on and turn-offs, if UNI isn't installed, it won't show them. it's very simple.
The same can be applied to other features and future EPs.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2005 September 17, 00:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL, I wouldn't know where to start listing them all.  Some are obviously more important than others, but how about all the ones there are fixes for on this site?!  A lot of the time it's the little things that cause the main problems, such as stuck kicky-bags and cellphones.  I had a dorm that was practically unplayable and why?  There were about 149 stuck cellphones!!!  It was actually TwoJeffs who discovered this when looking at one of my error logs and he made an immediate fix for it - took him well under 24 hours.  Yet after 6 months there is no fix from Maxis?  The same with JM and the Greek amnesia problem, to name but one.  And if it wasn't for JM's townie/NPC amnesia fix (which I asked for in the first place), I would still be painstakingly copying out endless memories and having to replace each one individually with SimPE.  It's things like this that make the game so frustrating that we wonder why we are playing it.  

I for one could do with the extra money from a bit of the old beta-testing ... any offers???

I think we fixed the kicky-bag, but I'm not 100%.  As for stuck cellphones, I haven't heard anything about this.  Perhaps you could send an error log.

I'm sorry you are having problems.  We're working on it.

Stuck invisible Kicky-Bags still happen with Nightlife (blocked a sink in the kitchen, first lot that was played, during the first ever kicky-bag interaction after installing the EP  Roll Eyes I Hope the Nuke kicky-bag option on the lot debugger still works)

About Nightlife Bugs..

Dina offered Morty back to her place from a community lot downtown, she queued up the icon for the car but instead of getting in she would take a step forward, stop, take another step, stop, right up to the end of the street where she headed off in another direction doing the same thing.  Couldn't cancel out of it either, had to use boolProp/force error/reset to stop her. This happened every time I tried to get her to invite him home with her, gave up in the end.  Other car stuff seems to work well.

Nina & Nephew sit down for food, something wasn't quite right though, at the end of the meal they stayed sat down but there was no sound coming from her Nephew while he was obviously talking.  When SHE started to talk, his child voice could be heard instead.  It was like watching a movie with the sound out of sync..  Could this be related to whatever is causing the Karaoke problem (which I also have).
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 2005 September 17, 01:01:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stuck invisible Kicky-Bags still happen with Nightlife (blocked a sink in the kitchen, first lot that was played, during the first ever kicky-bag interaction after installing the EP  Roll Eyes I Hope the Nuke kicky-bag option on the lot debugger still works)

About Nightlife Bugs..

Dina offered Morty back to her place from a community lot downtown, she queued up the icon for the car but instead of getting in she would take a step forward, stop, take another step, stop, right up to the end of the street where she headed off in another direction doing the same thing.  Couldn't cancel out of it either, had to use boolProp/force error/reset to stop her. This happened every time I tried to get her to invite him home with her, gave up in the end.  Other car stuff seems to work well.

Nina & Nephew sit down for food, something wasn't quite right though, at the end of the meal they stayed sat down but there was no sound coming from her Nephew while he was obviously talking.  When SHE started to talk, his child voice could be heard instead.  It was like watching a movie with the sound out of sync..  Could this be related to whatever is causing the Karaoke problem (which I also have).

We are putting some extra kicky-bag fixes in the patches.

As for the karaoke problem, are you using 5.1 for your speaker setup? Try changing that and seeing if that fixes it for you.
kathryn.mari.
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: 2005 September 17, 01:05:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has the problem with the Maxis Floor Lamp - The Tulip Lamp - been fixed?
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2005 September 17, 01:17:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a mess with the Diplomas in Nightlife. I have a pre nightlife Family all 4 Sims are graduatet and have Diplomas now first i lost the Diplomas komplete. I have made a clean install and got a backup in my game before reinstalling Nigtlife i got all diplomas out of the reward folder. Installed nightlife new and voila all diplomas are there but assigned to one Sim he have now 4 diplomas insteed of one for each Sim. Had the same before in Campus i got my Diploma out in a Dorm and it was assigned to another Sim later.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2005 September 17, 02:00:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a mess with the Diplomas in Nightlife. I have a pre nightlife Family all 4 Sims are graduatet and have Diplomas now first i lost the Diplomas komplete. I have made a clean install and got a backup in my game before reinstalling Nigtlife i got all diplomas out of the reward folder. Installed nightlife new and voila all diplomas are there but assigned to one Sim he have now 4 diplomas insteed of one for each Sim. Had the same before in Campus i got my Diploma out in a Dorm and it was assigned to another Sim later.

We have a fix for this in the patch.  Apparently the diploma is in the inventory for the sim, but it's of a different type than what is recognized by the inventory panel.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2005 September 17, 02:18:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes and no, the crash/soundloop/freeze seems to happen when around 4-6 or more money trees reload at the same time.   Motoki, about the lots where your money trees have crashed - did you have any trouble getting back into any of them?

Sorry I missed this before.

The answer is yes, the lot is hosed and I can't seem to ever get back into when I have a money tree crash. I end up having to move the family out.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2005 September 17, 02:21:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It hasn't happened again, but I just put Meroloa's Mind Control Mirror on every lot in Downtown. 

Just as note, I've found the "selectable" option when you shift click on a sim while having 'boolprop testingcheatsenabled true' on actually does work now (it didn't with the original game or university), so you really don't need the mind control mirror or insimenator to make a sim selectable now.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2005 September 17, 03:23:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About Nightlife Bugs..

We are putting some extra kicky-bag fixes in the patches.

As for the karaoke problem, are you using 5.1 for your speaker setup? Try changing that and seeing if that fixes it for you.

I'm afraid not, it's set to Stereo since I have 2 speakers and a bass uh..thing  Wink  That's good news on the kicky-bags though.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2005 September 17, 03:39:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes and no, the crash/soundloop/freeze seems to happen when around 4-6 or more money trees reload at the same time.   Motoki, about the lots where your money trees have crashed - did you have any trouble getting back into any of them?

Sorry I missed this before.

The answer is yes, the lot is hosed and I can't seem to ever get back into when I have a money tree crash. I end up having to move the family out.

That's what I was hoping to hear - hopefully you'll take that the right way  Cheesy Mine had to be bulldozed as a result too.  Do you have NL?  I'm using 8 money trees that have reloaded around 5 times together so far.  No crashes yet, but don't get your hopes up as I've only had the game installed for a few hours.  I'll set up a lot with loads of trees next, if that doesn't kill it then we may be okay.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2005 September 17, 06:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I'd like to know that too. In case you aren't familiar with it, some people do not get all the options for redecorating the lamp, it looks like something uncolorable when you purchase it and you can't use the decorating tool on it. I have the same problem with the most expensive non four poster bed. I didn't even know I had a problem until someone made a fix for it.
Let us know if it does, to tide us over until we get the patch.

Also, are bonfires fixed? People were saying that when the bonfire is "out" the fire keeps burning, and even if you delete the bonfire, the graphics for the fire are still there, permanently. I've never even bought the bonfire because I didn't want to experience this.

By the way, the spawining of baristas appears to not be fixed.  I wrote down the number of char files in my neighborhood, went to a lot with a coffee bar (and I had been to a lot with one before, so any preliminary servers could be spawned if they wern't with instalation), and had no babies in my hood. When I was done with gameplay, I found one more char file in that folder than was there previously.
Looks like I'm back to juice bars on those lots.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 17, 06:20:53 by sara_dippity » Logged

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #299 on: 2005 September 17, 07:01:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I'd like to know that too. In case you aren't familiar with it, some people do not get all the options for redecorating the lamp, it looks like something uncolorable when you purchase it and you can't use the decorating tool on it. I have the same problem with the most expensive non four poster bed. I didn't even know I had a problem until someone made a fix for it.

I can definitely say that this is not fixed.  I thought it was at first (actually got all options to appear at a house), but it was just cuz I got lucky on that load of the game.  Next house I loaded only had option for lamp bases and not for lampshades on that lamp.  For those not in the know, the problem is that the object has three items which can supposedly be "changed" in appearance (lampshade, base, and bulb), but the bulb can't really be changed, but being flagged as such, it causes it to flip out and ignore one of the other options since only two color change options ever appear at a time.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: