More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 18:42:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  So what's been fixed in NL
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: So what's been fixed in NL  (Read 232875 times)
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: So what's been fixed in NL
« Reply #250 on: 2005 September 15, 21:34:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, not to be a nuisance but, Maxoid, could something be done about the staricases, please? How is it that only one sim at a time can use the staircase to ascend or descend to the next storey of the house, yet those connecting stairs (the ones that has to be placed on a foundation/deck surface and are adaptable to elevation heights) aren't affected? If that's a design feature, well then, I'm sorry but that's dumb Tongue. Before JMP's 'lesswhiny' hack, I had to listen to my sims throwing (lots and lotsa) tantrums because somebody's already on the stairs and they can't use it. Of course I could easily replace those staircases with connecting stairs but that's not the point. So, please, can this be fixed? Please?

For normal stairs, the exit portal is in-use/occupied by the first sim.  For modular stairs, each section is a separate object that are linked together, so the sims think it is okay to keep walking.  I'll keep asking around to see if we can come up with something, but probably not for the patch(es).
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: 2005 September 15, 21:47:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HatedMaxoid, I've read almost every post here lately looking for this and haven't seen it.  My problem is that when you move in a NPC, they are supposed to bring 1,000 with them.  The game says they do but the money never appears.  Has this been fixed in NL?

I believe they bring variable amounts of money with them now, depending on their job level and such.

I believe Striker is referring to the special NPCs e.g. postman, pizza delivery person and such like.  These characters should bring §1,000 when they move in however the cash is never added to the household funds.  Regular townies bring in varying amounts of cash without problems.

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2005 September 15, 21:55:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the diagonal flower beds next to diagonal walls:

I have a Maxis house on a lot (NOT the Pleasant house) that has a bay window in the kitchen/dining room area.  There is a table and chairs next to it but not blocking the diagonal walls.  The gardener acually goes into the house and waters those diagonal flower beds FROM INSIDE!  The watering can pokes through the wall!  Or is it because there are windows there and they allow access to the flowers from inside?

Also something that is kind of funny but probably not by design:

When a child/teen comes home and cheers, and I send him/her to the swimming pool for fun right afterwards, if the parent was busy and I end the task they were doing, they will go get in the pool and stand on the water and cheer.  "OOH, great, you got an A+!  Now I can walk on water!"

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2005 September 15, 22:21:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like the piano and the fun for one day bug is fixed in the Uni patch.  Sorry for the confusion (had some conflicting information).
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2005 September 15, 22:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

re: Moving in service npcs

I always got the 1,000 from them. Mind you, I haven't tried since installing NL though.

re: half flower beds against diagonal walls

I've found if you turn on move objects and boolprop snapobjectstogrid false and move them just ever so slightly out a bit they work just fine and you really can't tell the difference to look at them. You can actually tell when you've moved it into a good spot because it goes from being darker and shaded (from the wall I presume) to lighter.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
HelloKit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #255 on: 2005 September 15, 23:46:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not a question of whether Uni is installed or not, the issue is that teens could get a LTW that they cannot fulfill if they decide to skip college.

I don't see where the problem is. Lots of LTWs have steps that need to be taken to achieve them. If a teen wants a Uni career, then they'll have to go to college... just like real life. Tongue
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2005 September 16, 00:28:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I got Nightlife as a surprise earlier than I expected, so I decided to test the handheld with teen thing. No spinning wants, though he did meet himself. At least he got a few aspiration points from it. I wonder if he's atracted to himself...

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2005 September 16, 01:50:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not a question of whether Uni is installed or not, the issue is that teens could get a LTW that they cannot fulfill if they decide to skip college.

I don't see where the problem is. Lots of LTWs have steps that need to be taken to achieve them. If a teen wants a Uni career, then they'll have to go to college... just like real life. Tongue
Maxoid, maybe you guys could do a poll in THE SIMS 2 Forum, to see the major oppinion of people, if they want these LTW or not.
However i do agree with HelloKit about the new Uni carrears LTW. Since these LTW are choosen when turning into a teenager, if a sim teen roll a want for one of the uni carrears, then it's up to the player to choose if he'll want to try achieve it or not. It's not like if the players wouldn't have a choice at all.

Actually, here's an even better possibility: If a teen who has a Lifetime want of a UNI carrear don't go to college, his/her LTW will reroll when turning into an adult
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: 2005 September 16, 07:47:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if he's atracted to himself...

Well we have been asking for this aspect of real life to be represented in the game for a while now... Wink

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
nenechell
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2005 September 16, 08:03:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about the maid getting stuck cleaning the fish tank?

I thought this was fixed in a base game patch.

I have both expansions and the patch for the base game.  My maids (or family members) got stuck so frequently cleaning the fish tank that I have stopped having them in my houses.  It was one of the decorative items I really enjoyed because it had more to it than just looking at it.  I sure hope that eventually this will get patched.

I admit that I have not yet acutally played the nightlife expansion, but I installed it tonight (thankfully without any problems) and explored downtown and started building a house with some of the new build features (LOVE the half walls, would love for there to have been doors or openings available for them), so I do not know if this problem still exists with Nightlife, but I will be sure to put one into play tomorrow to find out.

Thank you HatedMaxoid for all the information you have been providing us and for keeping track of this thread.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2005 September 16, 08:12:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been having a problem with some of my sims wants and fears dissapearing and being replaced by blank blue squares. I do not think this is the same as the blank icons bug because I cannot see any text when I move the mouse over the blank square. It is as if the want has dissapeared entirely. Some of my sims have ALL their want slots dissapeared. This sometimes rights itself eventually but it doesn't always. I do not yet know if this issue has been fixed with Nightlife as I have not played enough to see.
sasha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2005 September 16, 08:30:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hopefully I haven't missed it now when exactly is this NL patch coming out?

sasha

Whoever said it is better to love than to never have loved at all never had the good fortune to the love the people I have loved!
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2005 September 16, 08:35:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right now I'm really missing the Downtown Build/Buy hacks from Sims 1.....
Lerf, you are right, this is a very bad thing if it's true. i'll test it out today later. But here, you can workaround:
* Just enable the moveobjects on cheat and then go into reward mode and move that sim from there.(updated: this doesn't work)
* if you have university you can also type boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled false and the buy mode will be enabled.

And the boolprop doesn't work either.

It hasn't happened again, but I just put Meroloa's Mind Control Mirror on every lot in Downtown.  I checked, it works, and the controlling mind function doesn't have to appear in someone's queue, so that should enable me to 1. move the Sim, and 2. findo out what s/he is failing to do that's making her twitch.

linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2005 September 16, 11:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lerf, what didn't work? the cheat code didn't enable the buy mode or even in buy mode you weren't allowed to move stuff/sims?

So does anyone agree with me about the my previous post? about the carrears
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2005 September 16, 12:58:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes linolino, I agree with you. LTW for the new careers. And if it was possible to be able to add LTW yourself, that would be even better!

INTJ
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2005 September 16, 13:18:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lerf, what didn't work? the cheat code didn't enable the buy mode or even in buy mode you weren't allowed to move stuff/sims?

So does anyone agree with me about the my previous post? about the carrears

Cheat code didn't enable buy/build. 
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2005 September 16, 15:05:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheat code didn't enable buy/build. 

so it must be wrong.... let me check at snootysims..... (checking...)
ok here:
boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled [true/false]

Hum.. strange. this should work, it works for me when in community lot, however i haven't tested it with NL.
Are you sure you typed correctly? maybe instead of "false" as i said before, it should be "true" to enable it...
Or then again, this could be one of the cheatcodes that were disabled with NL...
MaxisManiac
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2005 September 16, 15:12:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, HatedMaxoid (or anyone else), I have this Nightlife problem...

You see, in my Sims' Memrories, all of the icons are stretched. They look pixelly and a bit blurry. It's the same for some of the Career Wants/Fears, and also for the example Wants in CAS when picking an Aspiration.
MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2005 September 16, 15:22:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hum.. strange. this should work, it works for me when in community lot, however i haven't tested it with NL.

But I have, and it doesn't seem to work now with NL.  Undecided
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2005 September 16, 18:15:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You see, in my Sims' Memrories, all of the icons are stretched. They look pixelly and a bit blurry. It's the same for some of the Career Wants/Fears, and also for the example Wants in CAS when picking an Aspiration.

Perhaps you could post a screenshot.

We did upscale them for the thought bubbles, because they were too small for most people to see from a medium camera distance.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2005 September 16, 18:17:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For normal stairs, the exit portal is in-use/occupied by the first sim.  For modular stairs, each section is a separate object that are linked together, so the sims think it is okay to keep walking.  I'll keep asking around to see if we can come up with something, but probably not for the patch(es).

Sad.... Thanks for making an effort though. Compared to real bugs, this is a minor, ok, not that minor (since sims use stairs several times a day) annoyance. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed until your "asking around" finally make something happen. Grin
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2005 September 16, 18:18:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I have, and it doesn't seem to work now with NL.  Undecided

We did nothing (that I am aware of) to disable this in NL.
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: 2005 September 16, 18:24:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a screenshot of mine.  Notice the lips no longer fit the box.

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2005 September 16, 18:27:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a screenshot of mine.  Notice the lips no longer fit the box.

That may be an issue here.  I'll see if I can get a bug filed and if we can fix it in time for the NL patch.
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: 2005 September 16, 18:45:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks very much Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: