More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 03:12:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  So what's been fixed in NL
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: So what's been fixed in NL  (Read 232891 times)
Baddmark
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: So what's been fixed in NL
« Reply #225 on: 2005 September 15, 16:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just thought of something else I'd like to see addressed in a patch/future expansion.

Townie/NPC name generation. How many Marylena Hamiltons and Dagmar Bertinos can you stand? The game even ships with two (unrelated) Ivy Copurs for flip's sake! Why no Dagmar Le Tourneau or Tosha Hamiltons? Surely Maxis can produce a bit of code to pick a random first and second name not just repeat the same pairings?

ps please don't say "as designed" or I will be forced to smashinate my keyboard.  Cheesy
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2005 September 15, 17:16:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone brought this up on page 2, the money trees. I had started the Legacy Challenge, had approximately 8 of them on my lot to help my poor sims from starving to death, of course the game completely crashed. I have never found a fix for this, not even the savethetrees hack works.
Someone else mentioned something else I have seen constantly, sims standing in one spot, shaking/quivering/whatever you want to call it; what the heck is that??
How about disappearing stereos but can still hear the music playing? Anyone else have that one? On two different lots I have placed stereos and actually saw them like evaporate but could still hear the music.
One other thing, I only use the default refrigerators and in every neighborhood I have, the sims can use the fridge maybe half a dozen times then when commanded to get something out of it, they will walk to the fridge and just stand there, while the icon disappears. I fix this by selling the fridge and buying a new one but it is really annoying.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2005 September 15, 17:17:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone brought this up on page 2, the money trees. I had started the Legacy Challenge, had approximately 8 of them on my lot to help my poor sims from starving to death, of course the game completely crashed. I have never found a fix for this, not even the savethetrees hack works.
Someone else mentioned something else I have seen constantly, sims standing in one spot, shaking/quivering/whatever you want to call it; what the heck is that??
How about disappearing stereos but can still hear the music playing? Anyone else have that one? On two different lots I have placed stereos and actually saw them like evaporate but could still hear the music.

I'll mention the money trees to someone.

As for the quivering, I thought that was a bug too, until someone told me that sims become like that when they drink expresso.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2005 September 15, 17:21:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll mention the money trees to someone.

As for the quivering, I thought that was a bug too, until someone told me that sims become like that when they drink expresso.

no, no expresso involved...oh well, it's a minor issue.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2005 September 15, 17:30:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the money tree issue as well since University. When I use multiple ones and they all regenerate at the same time, the sound skips and loops and crashes the game. It doesn't do this when using only one money tree, only when you have more than one.

Because of this I've pretty much given up on them and use the money machine now instead.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2005 September 15, 17:35:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just out of curiosity do you place all the money trees at the same time? I ask because I have several trees on a lot, but I didnt place them all at the same time, assuming that if they bloomed all at the same time it would lag the game, so I havent had any problems with them since they are staggered.
dmchess
Corpulent Cretin

Zim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: 2005 September 15, 17:40:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Surely Maxis can produce a bit of code to pick a random first and second name not just repeat the same pairings?
Relatedly, the game just needs to have more last names.  Seeding with the last names of the developers was a cute idea, but now it's time to add like a thousand more last names (and a few hundred new first names), so duplication by the random number generator just goes away...

IMHO,
DC
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: 2005 September 15, 17:46:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know this has been mentioned already in this thread, but I can't see a "Search This Thread" button so I can't quote it.  I've just had a quick go on Nightlife and I noticed that my graduates have all lost their diplomas.  LUCKILY, TwoJeffs buyable aspiration/reward objects collection still works so I was able to buy them back, but what about those who don't have that?  

I am also a little confused about the Matchmaker.  She wandered onto the lot I was playing, which just happened to be inhabited by a just-graduated Sim who needed a partner.  I'd made her Pleasure Seeker (more on that in a minute!) and paid full-price for a date.  I assumed she would be told to go Downtown to meet her date, but instead a neighbourhood Sim turned-up.  He's one of my Romance Sims (in fact, he runs the local bordello) and is very much 'taken' (several times over).  I would also have assumed that by paying full-price their turn ons/offs would match, but they didn't.  His turn-off was Fitness and my Sim was basically 99% fit.  The date is not going very well at all!  Oh and I have a question, presumably anything not marked with the lightning flash doesn't count towards the date score?

OK, now to the new Aspiration.  This Sim had already achieved her first LTW at Uni, namely 20 Best Friends.  Her new one was a career-related one that she would probably have achieved after her first day at work.  It was replaced by "Have 50 Dream Dates".  FIFTY?!  I would be bored to death after five!  I can understand a Romance Sim getting that, but presumably they won't?  Hopefully JM's Lotdebugger will work so they will get it if the game doesn't give it to them.  Anyway, 50 is a ridiculous number.  Apart from how long it would take to achieve them, the boredom element would render it impossible on its own.  It should be 15 at the absolute most, preferably no more than 10.  There is NO WAY I am letting any of my Sims keep this aspiration simply because it's totally ludicrous.  It even beats "Have 10 Children Abducted" (which I have never got, incidentally).

I have come out so my custom-content can be enabled.  I simply must see if the "No What's This" hack works (It's a GARAGE, you stupid woman).  I'd forgotten how irritating that is!  And that censor blur ... oh, lordy.  Well, let's face it, when an elderly man sits on the toilet without pulling his pants down, we aren't allowed to see the pants that we see all the time when he's walking around.  That makes so much sense!!!

Other than that, so far so good.  Being able to see the surrounding houses is awesome, it looks so much more natural.  I have a question about that but it belongs in another thread.  Will be going Downtown when I go back in.  I have a newly-elderly Romance Sim who got to elder before having his first kiss (no, seriously, he's very shy!) and I want to find him a nice woman.  Will he get an elder?  Will have to see.  Anyway, he is my second Romance Sim to try and they've both had a penchant for fat women.  Not sure what that's all about, especially as they are both 100% fit themselves.  There aren't anywhere near enough turn-on/offs, by the way.  We need a lot more!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
striker
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2005 September 15, 17:56:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HatedMaxoid, I've read almost every post here lately looking for this and haven't seen it.  My problem is that when you move in a NPC, they are supposed to bring 1,000 with them.  The game says they do but the money never appears.  Has this been fixed in NL?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2005 September 15, 18:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know this has been mentioned already in this thread, but I can't see a "Search This Thread" button so I can't quote it.  I've just had a quick go on Nightlife and I noticed that my graduates have all lost their diplomas.  LUCKILY, TwoJeffs buyable aspiration/reward objects collection still works so I was able to buy them back, but what about those who don't have that?
Good to know. I'll make sure I have everyone stow their diplomas before Nightlife!

OK, now to the new Aspiration.  This Sim had already achieved her first LTW at Uni, namely 20 Best Friends.  Her new one was a career-related one that she would probably have achieved after her first day at work.  It was replaced by "Have 50 Dream Dates".  FIFTY?!  I would be bored to death after five!  I can understand a Romance Sim getting that, but presumably they won't?  Hopefully JM's Lotdebugger will work so they will get it if the game doesn't give it to them.  Anyway, 50 is a ridiculous number.  Apart from how long it would take to achieve them, the boredom element would render it impossible on its own.  It should be 15 at the absolute most, preferably no more than 10.  There is NO WAY I am letting any of my Sims keep this aspiration simply because it's totally ludicrous.  It even beats "Have 10 Children Abducted" (which I have never got, incidentally).
yay for absurd and ludicrous LTWs. 50 is pretty ridiculous: There aren't that many people to be dated in the neighborhood! Does it count if you date the same person 50 times? Expect to see that one receive some "sanity checks" in "sane LTWs".

I have come out so my custom-content can be enabled.  I simply must see if the "No What's This" hack works (It's a GARAGE, you stupid woman).  I'd forgotten how irritating that is!  And that censor blur ... oh, lordy.  Well, let's face it, when an elderly man sits on the toilet without pulling his pants down, we aren't allowed to see the pants that we see all the time when he's walking around.  That makes so much sense!!!
Actually, it does make a lot of sense: The pants aren't what's being hidden, what's being hidden is the fact that he cannot drop his pants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2005 September 15, 18:07:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

please Ancient Sim note that 50 Dream Dates does not necessarily has to be with 50 different sims.
I too think that 50 is too much, but 15 is too low for a LIFETIME WANT.  it should be somehting in the middle, say 30 Dream Dates. It's difficult enought to be a LIFETIME want, but not difficult enought that it can't be done.

Now for the "Have 100 first dates" lifetime want... This one gotta be the most impossible want of them all.... that one i sure thik should be a lot less... maybe 50 first Dates, because the date doesnt have to be good, just to be first

Relatedly, the game just needs to have more last names.
About that: there is a custom package, i don't know who made it, but the package filename is Live.package, wich add hundreds of real names to your game. i think i downloaded it at MTS2

And that censor blur ... oh, lordy.  Well, let's face it, when an elderly man sits on the toilet without pulling his pants down, we aren't allowed to see the pants that we see all the time when he's walking around.  That makes so much sense!!!
Actually, it does make a lot of sense: The pants aren't what's being hidden, what's being hidden is the fact that he cannot drop his pants.
Yes! whats so difficult to understand about that? do you really want to see your sims going to the toilet and doing #1 or #2 with the pants on?? I'd rather think they dropped their pants first..
« Last Edit: 2005 September 15, 18:17:47 by linolino » Logged
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: 2005 September 15, 18:17:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

100 First Dates?  Oh, give me strength!  And surely these are more suited to Romance Sims, anyway?  Don't the Pleasure Seekers want to do things like sing on the karaoke machine x number of times or something?  I think maybe I won't be making anymore Pleasure Seeker Sims in a hurry, at least not until they've already achieved a Lifetime Want.  I just don't have the time or inclination to spend all that time with just one Sim, not when I have so many in the neighbourhood (or even if I didn't).  Anyway, to go back to what I just said, she's not Romance.  I want her to find a partner, not have a load of dates for the sake of it.  Pleasure-seeking does not equal "covering a lot of carpet", at least not in my book!

Remembered something else, too.  Not sure if this was meant to be fixed, but my new Pleasure Seeker Sim played on her handheld and made enemies with herself.  First time I've seen this.  I can't even remove the memory because SimPE isn't working anymore.  All that happened when I loaded it was constant boxes telling me I had two instances of Sim 0x000000 or something.  No way was I waiting while it went through 600 of those.  I checked the Character folder and there are no double instances, so it must be because it needs updating. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2005 September 15, 18:39:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good to know. I'll make sure I have everyone stow their diplomas before Nightlife!

The pre Nightlive Diploma in your Bag of Rewards are gone while we get a Inventory. All Diplomas before Nightlive are gone now.  Undecided
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2005 September 15, 18:56:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About that: there is a custom package, i don't know who made it, but the package filename is Live.package, wich add hundreds of real names to your game. i think i downloaded it at MTS2

It's actually made by Jordi and is at Variousimmers (unless he posted it at MTS2 as well)

http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t=1593

And you want to make sure that it's in your downloads directory before you install NL if you can help it. I had it in there and the new sims downtown thankfully have more normal names and aren't all Blazej, Komei, Aberjeet etc.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2005 September 15, 19:00:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just out of curiosity do you place all the money trees at the same time?

I believe so yes, however I had been doing this since the game came out, some houses had whole farms of them I placed all at the same time, and never had this problem until University.

miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2005 September 15, 20:00:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just out of curiosity do you place all the money trees at the same time?

I believe so yes, however I had been doing this since the game came out, some houses had whole farms of them I placed all at the same time, and never had this problem until University.

Yes and no, the crash/soundloop/freeze seems to happen when around 4-6 or more money trees reload at the same time.   Motoki, about the lots where your money trees have crashed - did you have any trouble getting back into any of them?
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2005 September 15, 20:17:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LTWs are determined when a sim becomes a teen

I thought LTW's were determined when they become children.  I have been using their LTW's to determine what aspiration they are when they become teens.  They dont reroll when they become teens.  Is that a bug?  Im not complaining about it if it is, Im fine with it bc I usually dont have an idea what aspiration I want my kids to be. I have also had a wider variety since I started using it as a factor too
Do you have an old version of the LTW variety hack? The first verision had children with LTWs, the second fixed that.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2005 September 15, 20:44:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gardeners can walk on plants. The issue isn't that they can't reach the plant, it's that they see it as "under" the house since it shares a square with the foundation. I think it should be treated as a bug, since it seems that the whole reason we have the half square plants is to match the half square foundations.

What about the rolling wants bug? If there is a handheld in the house with a teen, the wants almost constantly spin, even locked ones. I'm trying to read all these, but if that was mentioned, I missed it.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2005 September 15, 20:44:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't see this mentioned yet, so, there seems to be a bug with sims getting wants about dead teenagers going to college, and those wants seem to be very persistent, too. Teenagers dying in the game is probably quite rare, so most players won't notice it. In my game, however, there have been a couple of tragic, premature deaths...

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2005 September 15, 20:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah i had a teenager die from running with scissors... i swear i didn't know that.. that was very sad..
Anyway, the father wanted to ressurect her the stepmother wanted to create a zombie, but the wants of sending her to college vanished
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2005 September 15, 21:05:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

about those money trees...

I've had everything between 2, and 8 money trees on a lot at the same time (I rarely only use one if I'm going to use them at all), all regenerating at the same time - and I've never had problems with audio (other than it's a bit loud some times when they regenerate!), and I've never had a game crash because of them.

could be that I'm just lucky, but could also mean that the problems with money trees comes from the computer, not the game

Ness
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2005 September 15, 21:10:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well not everyone seems to have the problem, but I've heard of others who have and if the problem is with the computer then all I can say is it never once happened for me before university ever and I've also never seen anyone else report having had the same problem prior to university. If it is a computer problem then university changed something which is conflicting with certain hardware setups, because it sure wasn't like that before.

I've pretty much given up the idea that it would ever get fixed because not everyone has the problem and it doesn't seem to be all that easily reproducible since we don't know what the common factor is for those of us having the problem.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2005 September 15, 21:19:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have come out so my custom-content can be enabled.  I simply must see if the "No What's This" hack works (It's a GARAGE, you stupid woman). 

Amen to that. I had a sim drive his brand new black sports car to take Dina Caliente to a swanky nightclub. They both made a beeline for the first fence-post light and complained. And speaking of dating, I am really missing the Romance Mod. Makes me want to leave romance sims alone until it gets updated. Poor Justin (Bella's son, he's the baby in my avatar) couldn't get a minute alone with Dina. Since he's dated about every woman in Pleasantville, he was surrounded by angry people all night and getting slapped. There were people I couldn't figure out until I'd remember "Oh, Justin dated his daughter when they were teens...". He ended up in a bar alone. Of course I have pictures.

All of those sims watching are romance sims!

Back on topic, I am having a weird thing happen. Everytime I enter a lot, there are multiple tombstones. Some have the same names. All are platinum, even if the sim didn't die platinum. I delete them, move my sims to another lot, and more tombstones. I have a pic of that, too. Also notice the puddles in the street. They come with the tombstones. Two for each one.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2005 September 15, 21:19:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HatedMaxoid, I've read almost every post here lately looking for this and haven't seen it.  My problem is that when you move in a NPC, they are supposed to bring 1,000 with them.  The game says they do but the money never appears.  Has this been fixed in NL?

I believe they bring variable amounts of money with them now, depending on their job level and such.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2005 September 15, 21:23:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meant to clarify about the tombstone pic above. That was after installing Nightlife, not a Uni bug. There are so many bug report threads I got all confuzzled.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: