More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 03:12:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  So what's been fixed in NL
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: So what's been fixed in NL  (Read 232780 times)
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: So what's been fixed in NL
« Reply #125 on: 2005 September 14, 16:40:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't understand what you mean by 'as designed'.  Can't these things be changed?  The serving only 6 people meals when there are 8 allowed in the household is annoying and ridiculous.
I mean the designers meant to do it that way for some reason--perhaps it was to make things harder for larger families, I'm not sure.  I don't really have the power to change those sorts of things, but I've let some people know about your concerns.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2005 September 14, 16:42:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First: Thank you, Hated Maxoid, for taking the time to address the community's concerns  Smiley

Aside from what has already been mentioned in this thread, my greatest concern is a design issue of the game (I hope that I can describe the issue clearly enough  Sad ):

When TS2 was in development, it was promised that file-handling would be much easier.  To an extent, this is true.  However, deleting custom content within the game is so tedious and frustrating that it almost might as well not exist at all.  For example, when I delete custom clothing or genetics, the queue will go back to the beginning each and everytime.  To add insult to injury, the queue will also reshuffle

Needless to say, this makes it very difficult to manage custom content.  If you have specific items in mind, it's a long search to find them because the order of the queue keeps changing, as well as starting over at the beginning.  Has this already been taken into consideration?  If not, is this an issue that can be brought to Maxis' attention and addressed?  I certainly hope so.

Cynna 
This was fixed for walls and floors.  I wasn't aware of something for CAS--I thought it just stayed on the same page if possible.  I'll take a look, but the deadline for the patch coming out is getting pretty tight.  There are a lot of people still screaming for us to get it out ASAP.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2005 September 14, 16:49:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No I have to agree with Cynna, that's my experience with deleting stuff from CAS, and the Body Shop is problematic as well since university no longer seems to cache the thumbnails because it slows down every time I page over to the next page to generate them. It only did this the first time pre-University. I have to say deleting skins and clothing is a royal pain in the ass IMO and it makes file management a nightmare. I like how with objects and recolors we can just delete them from catalog mode. Was there some reason why we can't delete custom content via the mirror or clothing racks downtown? It would make my Sim gaming life a lot easier if I could.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2005 September 14, 16:56:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No I have to agree with Cynna, that's my experience with deleting stuff from CAS, and the Body Shop is problematic as well since university no longer seems to cache the thumbnails because it slows down every time I page over to the next page to generate them. It only did this the first time pre-University. I have to say deleting skins and clothing is a royal pain in the ass IMO and it makes file management a nightmare. I like how with objects and recolors we can just delete them from catalog mode. Was there some reason why we can't delete custom content via the mirror or clothing racks downtown? It would make my Sim gaming life a lot easier if I could.
There are no definitive reasons for doing so--probably because we did not have the time to do so when developing the base game and thought that managing all the custom "sim" stuff made sense within CAS.

As for the BodyShop thumbnail problems, you may want to delete the cigen.package file in My Docs--sounds like it got messed up for some reason.  After that, it should regenerate and *stick* fine.

I'll make it a higher priority to look into the deleting stuff out of CAS.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2005 September 14, 17:00:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The staircases! Has anyone mentioned the staircases? Seems like only one sim at a time can ascend or descend while the rest of them have to wait at the top/bottom of the stairwell. It doesn't affect those 'connecting' staircases though. Still, can something be done about this?
FatedCircle
Obtuse Oaf

Doink!

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2005 September 14, 17:05:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, and nannies.  I know you said you'd fixed some bugs, but have you sorted out the weirdness since Uni when a nanny is scheduled?  The fact that they always turn-up at the wrong time or leave early and at least one other nanny turns-up, usually in the middle of the night?  It's not so much of a big deal now as I'm using Dizzy's Sitter mod (far more logical, Maxis really should have included that option), but now and again I do like to terrorise the nannies.  I've already had two die (naturally) from starvation - their own fault if they refuse to go home, yes?

I don't know if it's been mentioned, as I'm losing track of things that have been said here, but I was able to completely avoid the problems with the nanny tracking schedules when I hired her using a regular buy mode phone.  When I hired her using the cell phone, she would show up in the middle of the night, and leave shortly after my sim left for work.  The problem in my game was completely solved by not using the cell phone when I called to hire the nanny.  In fact, I don't use the cell phone at all anymore.  It is the cause of many headaches.   Undecided

Billy, put down that phylactery, we're Episcopalian.
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: 2005 September 14, 17:09:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The diagonal door problem was fixed in Nightlife, but I'm not sure if it was fixed in the Uni patch--it was quite a big change, so it is unlikely it was rolled back because of the concern for stability in the Uni codebase.

Talking about problems surrounding diagonal walls and floors, does the new code also fix the problems with placing plants?  Below is a snapshot of the Pleasant family home.  As you can see the two corner plants are dead.  Neither my sims or the gardener can water these plants however they can mange to dispose of them.  This happens with all homes of this design.

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: 2005 September 14, 17:20:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason for the plants dying like that is that the half-square plants are still a full square, and since they're partially inaccessible because of the wall they can't be watered. Tongue Interesting that they can dispose of them though, I didn't realize that.

Obvisously that's not a great deal of help Tongue but thought I'd throw the info out there.

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2005 September 14, 17:25:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The diagonal door problem was fixed in Nightlife, but I'm not sure if it was fixed in the Uni patch--it was quite a big change, so it is unlikely it was rolled back because of the concern for stability in the Uni codebase.

Talking about problems surrounding diagonal walls and floors, does the new code also fix the problems with placing plants?  Below is a snapshot of the Pleasant family home.  As you can see the two corner plants are dead.  Neither my sims or the gardener can water these plants however they can mange to dispose of them.  This happens with all homes of this design.

I don't believe so--I don't think we have an animation for the gardener to take care of a plant that "far away."  I don't think the gardeners can step on other plants either.  I'm not positive about all this, because I don't have a wealth of knowledge in that area.  Sorry.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2005 September 14, 17:31:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about the maid getting stuck cleaning the fish tank?

I thought this was fixed in a base game patch.

It returned with Uni.
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: 2005 September 14, 17:41:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks jenwarren and HatedMaxoid Grin  I can confirm that sims can walk over plants to water other plants however I haven't looked to see if gardeners can step on the plants.  Its not a big deal however it was something I noticed when I started playing the Pleasant family.

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2005 September 14, 17:44:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Posie, I've seen some fake flowerbeds somewhere that match the maxis made ones.  They don't require watering.  You're going to have to look or ask around about them though since I forget where they were - sorry.
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: 2005 September 14, 17:46:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No worries, thanks for that info.  I might ask Joan as she uses a variety of plants and probably knows about them Smiley

JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: 2005 September 14, 17:53:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR has some of those, I think Windkeeper (and/or NeptuneSuzy) made those. There's probably some others around though.

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: 2005 September 14, 18:39:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've sort of been lurking around and waiting and watching in silence, trying to be very patient about things since:

A) My NL has not shipped yet
B) I'm undecided as to whether I will install or wait until the patch and/or hacks are updated
C) The new school semester has started and I've been busy with my own "Uni" homework and TAing Tongue

But I'm glad that a Maxoid has been available for answering all our questions and concerns and I feel compelled to participate a bit. I would really like to see a consolidated list of Maxoid (Tom?)'s response, and not just what has been fixed but I am also really interested in what are considered "as designed" since what we may consider "bugs" or "flaws" may be a difference of opinion. If anyone has consolidated this list of responses, please provide a link. I know a lot of people are mentioning lists here and there, and some have provided links to the Same thread (kmlough's) on the BBS (which I never really go to anyway). But other people have mentioned other lists at other sites, and while it's great that you mention they exist, it wouldn't hurt to also provide a link, please? Wink

I also have  a few questions about certain bugs or design issues that people have mentioned like this secret society memory loss? I'm guessing this is not the same think as greek amnesia? Could someone elaborate on this? If it is actual memory loss, why would this be "by design" instead of a bug?

People also mentioned a possible solution to things, such as the LTW re-rolling or only showing up at Uni. I prefer MaxoidTom's (which I will now assume that is who this Maxoid is, as I really don't like using HatedMaxoid Tongue - I tend to agree with what many people have said already, that we tend to take our frustration out on EA/Maxis in general and not at any Maxoid specifically Wink  ) suggestion in that maybe it re-rolls at Age Transitions. I actually like that it shows up around the Teen years, and it is Especially helpful if the Teen is a Knowledge Sim and gets the Maximize 7 skills LTW, because this is certainly doable before entering Uni and coincides with getting as many scholarships as possible. It can make Uni life much easier for the Knowledge Sim.

What I would like to see is possibly a dialog box that pops up at the end/start of an Age Transition asking if you would like to re-roll the LTW. This could be similar to how the dialog box pops up at the end of Junior year and gives you a chance to change the Sims Aspiration. Only this would just allow you to choose Yes for a random re-roll or No and keep the one you already have. It would also be better if it followed Pescado's LTW Variety hack in a similar manner in that LTWs really should be based on a Sim's interests. It seems to me that, for the most part, the LTWs are fairly random and it only makes sense that they should be based on a Sim's interests. It is just one more way to make use of a Sim's interests and make them a bit more individual. We should also have more ways to change a sims interests "in game" rather than having to use tools like SimPE to adjust them. This is probably more of a "design issue" rather than a bug, but I think it would definately improve gameplay. I suppose if Maxis doesn't include this, hopefully Pescado will be able to update his mod. Tongue

And as many people have mentioned numerously already, it seems a lot of the Critical bugs have to do with the "too many interations" issue. While it is great that the iterations have been increased, I think that this is still just a minor tweak that may not really solve the problem. You could still theoretically get too many iterations, only now you have more iterations than before.  Undecided I think the issue is that the functions/BHAVs for searching are inherently flawed. I'm sure there are numerous posts/threads that we could find that describe the technical issues, or if any of the modders would be so kind as to step in and describe the issue, but from what I gather based on my limited understanding, some of the searching routines in BHAVs that require iterating through a list of objects (or Sims) fail and produce this error when the list is too large (say due to too many memories or too many sims in the neighborhood). It seems that these searches should be limited to valid objects (or sims) that make sense. There should be a way to validate the types of objects or sims that are being searched and not include the invalid ones (such as dead sims or possibly invisible memories or memories that have Nothing to do with what is being searched for).

Also, I think someone mentioned Crammyboy's solution to the missing (car) portals. I believe I read somewhere that these solutions are pretty much only work arounds and that modders also have not completely determined what causes it and why. I also believe that it was suggested that the bookcase might have something to do with the car portal, and although that struck me as extremely odd and totally related, I supposed it wasn't entirely improbable. I believe this was probably mentioned in Crammyboy's fix thread at MTS2. If I find it, I'll put a link here.

Incidentally, in my own experience, I think I had this problem with a portal of some type as well, most likely related to the Spaceship. Admittedly, I did have a hack that increased the odds for getting abducted. In this household, I had a teen sim abducted. However, I also had him scheduled to sneak out that night. I think the problem was that, since the car pool to sneak out showed up, and the spaceship/portal was on the lot invisible, it probably caused some unexpected error. When the teen came home and later I tried having him sneak out on other days, he would always just pop up and magically teleport into the house foyer/entrance. And no, it wasn't that he showed up after sneaking his way home into the house, he just appeared there. I think if I had boolprop testingcheatsenabled I would get an error log. I don't remember exactly as it has been a while, and the thread I posted related to this has since been deleted since it was originally in Pescado's forums on VS before he moved here.

In any case, the other symptoms that resulted was an invisible object blocking the road, so all my car pools and bus pools would just sit in front of the house, honking until the end of the hour, at which point they magically disappeared. I even verified that there was an invisible object on the road, as when my sims tried to walk across it, there was a point where they were blocked, and they would complain about the route failure and in their thought bubble, they would have a spaceship. One time, the mother of this household came home in her limo (she was at the top of the medical career) and it was invisible. You could just see her and the driver floating in front of the house, almost as if they were in an invisible limo. I tried various solutions such as scorching the road with fire, hoping to burninate and destroy whatever invisible object was there. This only succeeded in burning it and then my sims complaining about an invisible object blocking their path (the thought bubble changed to the trail of footsteps ending at a red X). When I pulled back the camera, I could see a floating set of ashes on the single tile that my sims could not walk across. I was only able to solve this by moving my sims off the lot and back onto it. Not a total loss, and it had its fortuitous side-effects (my knowledge sim mother lost her obssession with her co-worker that she had been having a mini-affair with but then I worked very hard to make her enemies with) but it adds another useless Moved Out/In memory (which only further contributes to any possible "too many iterations" memory issues) and I had to redo my furniture, which was both good and bad, since I needed to redecorate anyways but it was a pain to have to do redo completely. Roll Eyes

Oh, and this also brings up issues regarding romance and enemies. If sims do make enemies, there was an issue of "too many iterations" when sims became enemies, which was fixed by Pescado's nmefix. There should be a way for them to stay enemies much longer, which is accomplished by one of Pescado's mods as well. And it seems strange, and I don't know if this is "by design" how some interactions were inexplicably romantic (such as playing with the handheld, I think MaxoidTom mentioned should be now fixed, and the backrub, which I don't think was mentioned whether this was fixed or "by design"). Additionally, it seems odd that WooHoo does not affect gender preference, and although that might be something arguably debatable on a philosophilcal level (almost to say that it shouldn't matter who we woohoo with, it doesn't change who we are and we should be accepting of everyone regardless of who they woohoo  Cheesy ) but it does seem odd that kissing and making out and other romantic actions affect a sims gender preference and woohoo does not. Finally, there's the "design" issue with the Apologize interaction, which frankly, I personally think should be completely re-written as it doesn't make sense that the Offended sim is the one who has the option to apologize to the Offending sim. That is just plain backasswards!  Roll Eyes I mean, if the cheating sim gets caught, s/he should be the one that has to apologize to the sim that was cheated on. This definately appears to be a limitation and/or glaring error in how the interaction works and I can't understand how anyone would have approved that.  Lips sealed

A couple of things were mentioned that will hopefully be addressed:

The piano not being fun after the first day? I don't understand why that is "by desgin" either.
The obssession with the toasting set until sims pee or freeze up also seems to be flawed "by design."

As for the Uni career LTWs, I can understand why they were removed, but this just gives further reason why LTWs should be re-rollable. And it seems a shame that only Non Uni careers get LTWs, because in a way, it almost makes it pointless to go to Uni. Aside from getting the Uni career related rewards, there is no incentive for sims to go through Uni in order to get access to those careers. I think it would have been better to include those LTWs, and that way it is up to the user whether they fulfill them or not. They would at least have a choice to send the sim to Uni and work towards that goal, rather than not have an incentive at all. Personally, this is a serious issue in my book, and it seems almost pointless if, in further expansions, any new careers are added, but no new LTWs associated with those careers are included. If that is the case, there isn't very much incentive to pursue those careers. Getting stuck with an LTW that you can't fulfill if you don't send your sim to Uni is Just as bad as getting stuck with a career related LTW that forces or boxes you into one career. I think part of the enjoyment of Sims is the flexibility in being able to create your own stories and building your characters/families in the way you would like to imagine them to be. That's why it would make more sense to have More options for LTWs that include all new careers, regardless of whether they are Uni or not, AND allow for LTWs to be re-rolled at special moments such as Age Transitions.

Anyways, I've probably exhausted a lot of what I had to say and anyone who bothered to read this as well. I just wanted to throw my own 2 cents in and hopefully keep nagging about the same issues, even if they are "by design" so that maybe the designers would eventually be willing to listen to the players/consumers. Wishful thinking? Ha! Grin

Ste

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: 2005 September 14, 18:41:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did a patch for not needing to care for plants, though of course I don't know yet if it will break something in NL

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2005 September 14, 18:44:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

StarrKist, it sounds to me like you've got an outdated version of the Greater LTW Variety and Sanity hack, that would assign LTWs when the sims aged to toddler, or kids (I forget which one it actually was).

I do have that hack, I didnt realize that it did that. Toddlers dont have LTW's.  Im taking out my hacks when i get NL anyway

ISFJ
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2005 September 14, 19:28:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No one has mentioned multiple Money Trees crashing the game yet.  I don't see many people with this issue though, perhaps they think something else is causing the crash?  I haven't used more than 2 money trees on a lot together in months because of this.  When the money trees all reload together the 'Cha-Ching' repeats over and over.  Uni either crashes to desktop or freezes the system completely requiring a physical restart.

Inge, funnily enough I was just at your site looking at that download.
valentinegirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2005 September 14, 19:30:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's so great to see a Maxoid here listening, answering questions and providing reassurance. Thanks so much for taking the time to do this.

I would like to list a few problems I have that are not (I think) so far been listed.

- The spawning of massive numbers of NPC's that take up an enormous amount of space in our games. In my original Pleasantview neighbourhood for some reason I have over 50 Repo men!! They show up when I open an editing program like SimPe. I thought we should only have three NPC's per type, but clearly sometimes the game sometimes goes haywire. Others have had the cafe baristas endlessly spawning as well.

- There must be some better ways to enable the community to better manage custom content. We were all sooo greatful and glad when we learned we could delete custom content directly from the game, but the system is pretty slow and unwieldy so I know many simmers like myself find it time consuming and frustrating to try to clean out unwanted stuff. Here are some of the main reasons:

1) When you delete something the game defaults back to the beginning of the catalogue. This is by far the most frustrating aspect of trying to manage custom content. If you only had ten or so custom items it wouldn't be a problem but some simmers play with hundreds or even thousands of downloads in each category. When you default back to the beginning of the catalogue not only do you have to scroll back through many pages, but it is hard to find where you were to begin with. You end up spending more time scrolling and squinting at the screen than actually deleting.

2) It would be great to be able to click and highlight more than one download at a time to delete. This would speed things up greatly.

3) Efficiency would also be increased if you could scroll both forwards and backwards through the catalogue in an endless loop (ie - the catalogue would not get to the "end" but would automatically keep scrolling if you kept going forwards back to page one)

4) It is extremely difficult to locate downloaded content when it is thrown into the game in the present unorganised way. I am especially referring to the wall and floor content which has no organisational system at all. At least in Sims1 we could recategorise our walls and floors to show in order of ascending price which helped things a great deal.

5) Thumbnails in my game at least are TINY. I play on a high resolution and it is very difficult to see what each thumbnail is representing.

6) Hair would be more accessible if we could sort it into hair colours genetically speaking.

7) It would be great if skin meshes could be deleted entirely out of the game like the object meshes are when you delete the entire object set. At the moment you have to remember which hair or clothing mesh you wanted to get rid of and find and delete it manually after closing the game.

Cool I think this has been fixed in NL but it would be great if skins could be organised into subfolders like objects are able to be.

9) Being able to delete hairstyles etc while the sim is changing their apperance at the mirror would be a huge plus. Same goes for being able to delete clothing while shopping. Once you are into several generations in a neighbourhood you rarely have to visit CAS anymore as most sims are born in-game.

10) I never use the "collections" system as it is pretty clunky and inefficient. To start with I found it generated extra copies of the walls I was trying to catalogue. The more collections I catted a wall to the more times I found it replicated in my wall catalogue overall.
Also - when placing objects into the collection it would be great if the specific texture you wanted only would show up as part of the collection not the default object appearance. Then collecting together custom textures created by users as a matched set would make a lot more sense.

Bodyshop/CAS issues

As a skinner I would also like to take the opportunity to note some Bodyshop and CAS frustrations that are rarely mentioned by the community.

Number one concern by far is that BS is TOO DARK. I get up close to the screen and squint but I still have the feeling of looking into a room with all the lights turned off. Not the best way to do very intricate and detailed skinning! Also there is another problem with the lighting in BS - because it is so very different from the in-game lighting in CAS you never truly know how your creation will look in-game until you load up CAS to check. Then you have to exit and re-load several times in between adjusting things in BS to get the right amounts of saturation and contrast in your creations. Very time-consuming!
I realise BS was released ahead of the actual game but I am still hoping that one day Maxis will get around to updating BS with similar lighting levels as the game one day.

Another question - would it be an idea for the future to update the facial sliders in CAS so that they have as much variety and subtlety as the BS sliders? BS takes a long time to load and if all you're trying to do is create a sim with a certain look it would be far better to be able to do this in CAS which has much better lighting and then you could put the sim directly into your game without cluttering up the saved sims folder. Many simmers, especially those who don't create custom content would rarely ever open BS at all, so including all BS sliders in CAS would make sense for the majority of simmers.

The way deleting saved sims and custom content in BS takes AGES just like it does in-game so if Maxis can update the deleting system to allow for more player efficiency I am hoping they will remember to update the deleting systems in BS as well.

When you download a sim and look for it in BS it does not appear at the beginning of the catalogue. You have to scroll through, scanning page after page to find your sim. Also, some organisation of sims in BS into age and sex would be great (just as the pre-made sims are in the game).

Sorry for the LONG post. I just wanted to say that despite minor frustrations every now and then, Sims2 is absolutely my DREAM GAME! I love and appreciate the caring and attention to detail included by Maxis in the base game. I become sincerely attached to my little sim characters and can assure you am a fan for life!
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: 2005 September 14, 19:30:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did a patch for not needing to care for plants, though of course I don't know yet if it will break something in NL

lol.  Inge does your patch just stop the need for watering the plants or does it also stop the bees and butterflies from arriving?  I do like my butterflies Smiley

Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2005 September 14, 19:31:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to remember the multiple money tree problem being a soundcard/soundcard driver issue.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2005 September 14, 19:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of CAS and Body Shop, I cannot find where to pick my sim's eyecolor in CAS.  Am I missing something, or is this a bug/feature?  Also, I miss some of the functionality of Body Shop in CAS as valentinegirl mentioned, such as being able to set eyelash length.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2005 September 14, 19:47:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rentatus, please tell me more as I upgraded from the SBLive 5.1 to a retail SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum specifically to address the issue, it still happened, I also made sure the Audigy drivers were fresh from the Creative site, which in case you didn't know, are a different driver from the Live cards.  Also TS2 on drive D: without Uni had no such problem, however I would be grateful for more information on the issue and possible actions I can take, since it drives me crazy that I couldn't pin it down!
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2005 September 14, 20:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, I don't know. Sad I haven't had the problem as I almost never use money trees and I only remember the thread in passing. If anyone else has any idea, please give a yell.

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: 2005 September 14, 20:09:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol.  Inge does your patch just stop the need for watering the plants or does it also stop the bees and butterflies from arriving?  I do like my butterflies Smiley

It makes them pretty much like artificial plants I'm afraid.  I don't use it myself because I like to see them growing and being cared for anyway.  Presumably by now people have made standalone decorative plants, so you can put those ones in inaccessible corners while still having butterflies generated by the ones at the front.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: