More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 02:05:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nightlife bugs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nightlife bugs  (Read 197875 times)
Ashman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Nightlife bugs
« Reply #250 on: 2005 September 21, 18:02:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a problem with my Uni sims not getting their "class in 1 hour" and "5 hours till the final" notifications in NL. They still get the "1 hour till the final" notice and the "go to class" action still queues up normally. I did a clean install of TS2, Uni, and NL and until seeing the list of OK'd hacks now, haven't been using any hacks or other custom content. Any suggestions?
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2005 September 21, 18:10:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I havent either, but I dont think that is her point, the point is you can create them but you can't use them. I dont think there ever is an instance to have the toddler change into undies unless you use a mod or boolprop

Exactly.  The functionality is broken, it's been broken since the day the game came out, and I am beginning to suspect they're never going to fix it.  I just don't understand why.  If they could fix it for the other toddler clothing options, surely it's not that difficult to do for undies too?

Karen
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2005 September 21, 18:12:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just so we are clear Tom, its the plan undies option that is missing, plan outfit works for pjs and everyday but not undies

Right.  The menu option for Plan Outfit...Undies does not exist on the changing table, no matter how many outfits you buy.  Try it for yourself and see. 

And, now that I'm thinking about it, I might as well add:  There is no "Dress <toddler name> in Undies" option on the changing table either.  If you're going to fix Plan Outfit, you need to add this too or it will be useless.

Karen 
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2005 September 21, 18:18:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just so we are clear Tom, its the plan undies option that is missing, plan outfit works for pjs and everyday but not undies

Right.  The menu option for Plan Outfit...Undies does not exist on the changing table, no matter how many outfits you buy.  Try it for yourself and see. 

And, now that I'm thinking about it, I might as well add:  There is no "Dress <toddler name> in Undies" option on the changing table either.  If you're going to fix Plan Outfit, you need to add this too or it will be useless.

Karen 

I've looked at it and it does indeed look broken.  I've filed a bug and I'm hoping we can fix it for the patch(es).
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2005 September 21, 18:20:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've looked at it and it does indeed look broken.  I've filed a bug and I'm hoping we can fix it for the patch(es).

Thanks for listening.
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #255 on: 2005 September 21, 18:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I havent either, but I dont think that is her point, the point is you can create them but you can't use them. I dont think there ever is an instance to have the toddler change into undies unless you use a mod or boolprop

I know, I was partly pointing out something else related that appears to be broken Smiley

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
nataku
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2005 September 21, 19:26:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dukasha, the creator of the Yellow Pee hack, seems to think the hack is causing the problems with multiplying gravestones and puddles (even if it's not causing the problems it may be exagerating them). Dukasha has posted in the hack thread at MTS2 that he/she is going to look into it to find out for sure and will update the hack.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=88490
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2005 September 21, 19:40:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any sim that attempts to purchase love potions off the gypsy woman will subsequently disappear from the lot a couple of seconds after currency changes hands. It appears to be some sort of temporary deletion thing as saving and reloading the lot means the sim comes back, but without the potion and without the simoleans they've shelled out.   

I have read about this problem on three forums and some of the people who are having it do not have any hacks.   I hate the disappearing sims.  I think it is a maxi bug.   My sims even if they do purchase the potion, if  they see somebody they like, they will get the icon of that person and the icons of all 10 love potions and if you try to cancell it out so they will only drink one, then they disappear off the lot, their icon and all.   I am not letting my sims buy anymore love potions until somebody figures this one out.

someone made a hack to try and fix this but the people who have tried the hack say that their sims are still disappearing even with the hack installed. 
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2005 September 21, 19:57:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the subject of toddlers, there's still no non cheat way to change their hair either. It doesn't seem like it should be too hard to have an adult pick them up and walk over to a mirror while holding the toddler and then have that launch the change appearance tool for the toddler. The functionality for it is in the game because you can do it with Pescado's clothing hack and a couple of hacked mirrors other people have made.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2005 September 21, 20:41:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dukasha, the creator of the Yellow Pee hack, seems to think the hack is causing the problems with multiplying gravestones and puddles (even if it's not causing the problems it may be exagerating them). Dukasha has posted in the hack thread at MTS2 that he/she is going to look into it to find out for sure and will update the hack.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=88490

I posted this problem as well as a picture here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=625.msg22998#msg22998

Still don't know what gravestones have to do with yellow pee. Tongue
Howabominable
Asinine Airhead

Hi.

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2005 September 21, 20:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the subject of toddlers, there's still no non cheat way to change their hair either. It doesn't seem like it should be too hard to have an adult pick them up and walk over to a mirror while holding the toddler and then have that launch the change appearance tool for the toddler. The functionality for it is in the game because you can do it with Pescado's clothing hack and a couple of hacked mirrors other people have made.

I don't even see why an adult would have to take a toddler over to the mirror. The toddler doesn't care what they look like. Adults are the ones that change their hair anyway. I think you should be able to get the option to change their appearance when they're in their high chair Smiley

So apparently everyone is ignoring my car problem? Aaah I feel invisible!
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2005 September 21, 20:52:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a little bug for any Maxoids lurking...

Easy to reproduce: From a sim's University dorm, ask another sim out on a date (a sim who does not live in the same dorm). Go downtown, have your date etc. and ask them to come home with you. When you arrive back to your dorm, University will display the 'There aren't enough rooms...' message and kick a townie out to make space for your date. Tongue

Instant gratification takes too long.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2005 September 21, 22:22:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem radiophonic describes above.  I didn't end a group on a downtown lot and the two groupies want back to the dorm with my Sim.  I got the message and two dorm rooms became vacant.  Then the groupies left and the original dorm members came back and reclaimed their rooms.

Also had a student have a want to buy a car.  There's no way to build a driveway without using the dormspecifictoolsenabled cheat, so there's no way to buy a car for a student.  You shouldn't have to use cheats to be able to fulfill wants.  Suggestion:  make the driveway tools usable normally in dorms.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2005 September 22, 01:10:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem radiophonic describes above.  I didn't end a group on a downtown lot and the two groupies want back to the dorm with my Sim.  I got the message and two dorm rooms became vacant.  Then the groupies left and the original dorm members came back and reclaimed their rooms.

Not that we actually CARE if townies are in the dorms  Cheesy

Also had a student have a want to buy a car.  There's no way to build a driveway without using the dormspecifictoolsenabled cheat, so there's no way to buy a car for a student.  You shouldn't have to use cheats to be able to fulfill wants.  Suggestion:  make the driveway tools usable normally in dorms.

Technically, they can want a car since they are able to live in homes as well as dorms on your campus, and you can build all you want on those.

Instant gratification takes too long.
snazza
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2005 September 22, 01:42:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the slow_motion cheat I posted ealier on. It was another graphics setting change although I don't know where. Somewhere in the nightlife config directory. It looks like it lowered the animations' fps. I don't know, just in case anyone cares. But if anyone does know what setting it is and feels like sharing, I would like to know. Kiss
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: 2005 September 22, 01:45:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dancing skill accumulates slower than it used to, so bust a move is harder to get to.  I think they also upped the relationship requirements to be able to do it.  This is why you think you're not getting your dance scholarships.  They're there, they just take time.
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2005 September 22, 16:30:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may have just been a glitch my end as I haven't had chance to reproduce it, but has anyone else had honeymoon trouble? Adam and Deborah had a roof raiser wedding, the limo showed and Deborah was running around all over the place but not getting into the limo. Adam didn't run but he didn't get into the limo either - eventually it disappeared. Will try and reproduce it later.

A proud thread pirate.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2005 September 22, 16:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Technically, they can want a car since they are able to live in homes as well as dorms on your campus, and you can build all you want on those.

Ah.  I must be getting old, I forgot totally about that.

I guess my mind is clogged with things like how it's ok for a family Sim to have a lifetime want to graduate three children from college, but it's not ok for a teen to have a lifetime want to max a career that's only available to college grads. 

Quote from: Ruann
Dancing skill accumulates slower than it used to, so bust a move is harder to get to.  I think they also upped the relationship requirements to be able to do it.

You used to be able to do Bust a Move with around 18 daily relationship with the other Sim.  But if you bring a Sim home from work they have 25/15 and can do Bust a Move immediately.  It looks like they've changed it from around 18 daily to 15 lifetime.

Hook

ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2005 September 22, 21:28:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I broke down and bought NL.

All I've been doing so far is getting my lots "updated".  Like anything (reward objects?) on a table (thinking caps, scanner gun) being on the floor.  Even had a baby on the floor by his crib.  Had a few recolors that needed to be "restored" - the color option was there in the catalog, but the object was displaying another color.

However, since none of the cell phones were kept in inventory, and I only let my sims have them so I can see who the phone is ringing for, I have been sending each former cell phone owner to the store to buy a new one.   Now, even though a sim has a NEW cell phone, or a handheld game, or an MP3 player, they keep spinning up wants to buy another one.  I actually sent one back to the store to buy a second cell phone, and he still spins up a want to buy another one.

Also, some of my sims now have TWO handheld games, even though they only had ONE before.  Has anyone else had this happen, or is it a sign that my lot was already buggy before I installed NL?  I will be using the new ability to add items to sims' inventories to move some of my families to bigger lots so they can have driveways and cars, so if it's a buggy lot, that's not a big deal.

If it's not the lot, then it must be a bug.  Huh

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: 2005 September 22, 22:43:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess my mind is clogged with things like how it's ok for a family Sim to have a lifetime want to graduate three children from college, but it's not ok for a teen to have a lifetime want to max a career that's only available to college grads. 

LMAO.  10/10 for sarcasm.  Love it, love it, love it.
Any way you can combine it with the lack of a middle-age lifespan???

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2005 September 22, 23:50:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may have just been a glitch my end as I haven't had chance to reproduce it, but has anyone else had honeymoon trouble? Adam and Deborah had a roof raiser wedding, the limo showed and Deborah was running around all over the place but not getting into the limo. Adam didn't run but he didn't get into the limo either - eventually it disappeared. Will try and reproduce it later.

I had a similar problem pre-NL - only happened once though and I didn't notice that they hadn't gotten into the limo until after it left and they wandered back into the house (I had been watching other family members)

<insert witty comment here>
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2005 September 23, 00:16:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dancing skill accumulates slower than it used to...

I tried timing it tonight and it's difficult.  Sims will dance for about an hour and a half before they stop on their own.  I've had teen Sims get Bust a Move at around 45 Sim minutes before, and some took as much as an hour and a half, so I guess it's partly based on personality or skills. 

My medium personality Sim with no skills took at least 3 hours of dancing before he had the Bust a Move available.  At least that's my best guess on how long he danced.  I suspect really outgoing Sims take a shorter time to get the dancing skill.

LMAO. 10/10 for sarcasm. Love it, love it, love it.
Any way you can combine it with the lack of a middle-age lifespan???

It wasn't intended to be sarcasm!  Maybe I just have a really high sarcasm tolerance. Smiley

I guess middle age should be 50 to 65.  They can take a few days off the teen years, which are way too long anyway. 

Hook

MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2005 September 23, 00:39:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had something weird happen: my view distance option, after what fifty saves and restarts and it didn't save, finally saved! Out of the blue, it decided to save.

Another thing I've been looking for--is anyone having issues with sims playing poker and there are no cards?? Chips rol, bets are made, no carsd in sight. Also, last time I played, I had a sim in bladder failure, ready to pee at any moment and I could not cancel his playing. I finally had to task manager out. ?
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2005 September 23, 00:51:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen cards.  You probably have to have object detail set to high in your graphics settings.

I've noticed that the neighborhood view is saved now when you go into a lot, and when you return to the neighborhood it will be where you left it.  Hook is thankful.

Hook

virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2005 September 23, 01:05:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If anybody is still wondering, I got the karaoke patch and now I can finally laugh at my sims! A very fun way to build up creativity skills, both for the sim and the player..lol

I'm able to hear their aweful singing clearly...! Grin just in case anybody was still wonderign about the patch

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: